Save broken in Ori...urgh

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By flameboy84

Extremely annoyed...I've now played this over 3 sessions and both times I've come back to it I've been dumped back at an old Soul Link I dropped two hours back at Moon Grotto right before you fight I guess the games first mini boss...What a waste of time. Absolutely infuriated not going back to this game now.

Has anyone else had similar issues? I even made sure to save at a spirit well the last time I came back.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, I lost about 7 hours of progress when I saved right before the final dungeon and it bumped me back to right after you get the hop-off-enemies ability. I hear it might have to do with the resume feature on xbox one. Completely quitting the game before playing (go to dashboard, hit menu on the game and go down to quit) seemed to fix it for me. It took me less than half the time the second go-around at least because I'd gotten a lot better at the game.

If I didn't like the game so much, I would've never played it again after the bug, so I understand not going back. This is the sorta game I'd play 2-3 times through anyway, so it wasn't the end of the world, but still a huge bummer.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Thanks for giving me a heads up with this that the game has save issues. That is one of the worst things a game can have. I'll not play this then. Heard good things about it, but fuck having to replay big chunks of a game for no good reason. Saves me some money and frustration.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeesh. Glad I didn't buy this yet.

That really sucks.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Bollard
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

@bollard: Maybe it didn't occur to him to check the Ori section? Calm down.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_jon: Calm down? I just gave him help to fix his problem?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Sorry man but your wording has a definite element of hostility or annoyance to it. It's good that you are trying to help but maybe try to come off a little less aggressive in the future?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: :D GB community is a nice place, good on ya.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By flameboy84

@catsakimbo said:

Yeah, I lost about 7 hours of progress when I saved right before the final dungeon and it bumped me back to right after you get the hop-off-enemies ability. I hear it might have to do with the resume feature on xbox one. Completely quitting the game before playing (go to dashboard, hit menu on the game and go down to quit) seemed to fix it for me. It took me less than half the time the second go-around at least because I'd gotten a lot better at the game.

If I didn't like the game so much, I would've never played it again after the bug, so I understand not going back. This is the sorta game I'd play 2-3 times through anyway, so it wasn't the end of the world, but still a huge bummer.

See this is what I thought so second time I "hard saved" at a spirit well and I quit to the front menu went back to it. It's still sat saying I'd only played 1 hour 4 minutes.... At a lose basically given up playing it won't go back to it till I find out a solution. Just to confirm I'm playing on Xbox One.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@catsakimbo said:

See this is what I thought so second time I "hard saved" at a spirit well and I quit to the front menu went back to it. It's still sat saying I'd only played 1 hour 4 minutes.... At a lose basically given up playing it won't go back to it till I find out a solution. Just to confirm I'm playing on Xbox One.

You mean quitting to the front menu in the game, but still in the game? I think you need to fully shut down the game from the xbox dashboard to be sure. That, launch another game, or literally pull the plug on the xbox to hard reboot it.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I tried that aswell still no joy.

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Same thing happened to me. I heard there might be a patch coming? Putting the game down until it's fixed, in any case.