Just bought a PS3. Recommend games exclusive to PS3?

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Choi

Just recently I bought a PS3 bundle with GTA5. I left my 360 at home when I moved to another country (Germany) and didn't want to have to wait to play GTA. Now, I want to play all the other great games I didn't have the chance to before.

I will definitely be getting Journey once my internet connection is set up in the new apartment, I already bought Heavy Rain in Gamestops pre-owned section. I'm also looking forward to playing MGS 4, Uncharted 2, HD remakes of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus etc.

Please, enlighten me on all the other games on PSN and retail that are worth getting and experiencing on PS3.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I consider The Last of Us to be the best game I've played in a long time, some will probably say the Uncharted series, not a huge fan of those myself.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Darji

@humanity said:

@choi: Here is a list I made a while back!

PS3 Exclusives to own

pretty good list. Definitely get the Last of us. And if you like Japanese games also try out Yakuza 4 and Tales of Xillia. Also the new PSN game Rain seems pretty good has quite a ICO vibe.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Humanity

@darji: Ah yes good point, I should put Yakuza on there.

Edit: I guess lists are still broken..? - nope they work.

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES.

and everything from Naughty Dog.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First buy PSN+. You'll get a good amount of games that way. After that:

• inFamous 1 & 2
  • The Last of Us
  • God of War 3 if you liked the previous 2
  • God of War collection if you didn't play the previous ones
  • Ratchet & Clank Future Tools of Destruction & a Crack in Time
  • Flower
  • Guacamele
  • Valkyria Chronicles if you liked X-Com
  • Unfinished Swan
  • Puppeteer
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Demon's Souls

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Most of the good ones have been mentioned ... though I will say Tokyo Jungle is brilliant and shows you that unique PlayStation-ness at it's best.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkyria Chronicles and Pixel Junk Eden are my top exclusives. Demon's Souls is great but Dark Souls is better. DaS has a rather active online community on PSN still so try it out if you haven't already.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Journey, get on that. I also really enjoyed Flower.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By Justin258

@humanity said:

@choi: Here is a list I made a while back!

PS3 Exclusives to own

Resistance 3 is not on that list.

OP should definitely play Resistance 3. Damn shame that game got so underrated.

EDIT: I say this as someone who hasn't really liked anything else that Insomniac has put out since Deadlocked. Those Ratchet games are really good but I'm so burnt out on that formula that I can't make myself play them anymore, and Resistance 1 and 2 are boring at best and really, really bad at worst. Resistance 3 is really, really good, though.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

The Uncharted trilogy, The Last of Us, Valkyria Chronicles and Journey.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: I haven't played Resistance 3, but as you said yourself the two previous installments of that game looked so boring I'd never think to give the third game a fair shake. I remember playing Resistance 1 over at a friends house when he just got his PS3 and being thoroughly underwhelmed. Also I'm entirely burnt out on anything WWII related.

But if you highly recommend it then maybe the dude should give it a shot if thats something up his alley.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demon's Souls

What he said. Resistance 1 is also "okay", didn't really enjoy 2 or 3 as much for some reason. Heavy Rain you may want to rent, not buy, unless you can find it cheap. MGS 4 though.... yeah that's where it is at!

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

@castiel said:

The Uncharted trilogy, The Last of Us, Valkyria Chronicles and Journey.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Heavenly Sword

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my rush to always recommend Valkyria Chronicles and PJ Eden in these types of threads I always forget to mention Motorstorm Pacific Rift. That game is fast and loose arcade racing at it's best. The two DLC packs are the best the series ever got. It really went downhill after that, which is why I'm very skeptical of #Driveclub.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

My favorite PS3 game of the year.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, glad so many of you responded and a lot of expected answers but I see Valkyria Chronicles poping up alot. I played some on my friends PSP and I'm totally itching for some kind of XCOMesque game.
I could go without the all japanese/highschool/teen drama that I'm under the impression that game has :P
I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks everyone ^_^
Any more obscure really good PSN games I should watch for? Noby Noby Boy?? You can buy and download and play PSP games on your PS3 right? Any good PSP games you would recommend for my PS3?

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like your sports games then give MLB The Show a look too, absolutely amazing game (and this is coming from a Brit!).

Love to see Valkyria getting some love, just wish more had bought it when it was released, we might have seen the sequels on PS3 instead of PSP then :(

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@choi said:

Ok, glad so many of you responded and a lot of expected answers but I see

Valkyria Chronicles

poping up alot. I played some on my friends PSP and I'm totally itching for some kind of XCOMesque game.

I could go without the all japanese/highschool/teen drama that I'm under the impression that game has :P

I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks everyone ^_^

Any more obscure really good PSN games I should watch for?

Noby Noby Boy

?? You can buy and download and play PSP games on your PS3 right? Any good PSP games you would recommend for my PS3?

Valkyria Chronciles doesn't have any "Japanese teen drama" as you put it. It's a wartime story focusing on a cast of half a dozen or so characters and how they are each dealing with the war that has come to their small country. There is romance (which is done fairly well) and some eye rolling moments (Hans is the worst), but it's much more political intrigue, race relations, and secret history than it is teen drama.

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ll_exile_ll: I think VC2 is actually set at a high school. VC1 doesn't have that though.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ftomato said:

@ll_exile_ll: I think VC2 is actually set at a high school. VC1 doesn't have that though.

I wasn't aware of that. I don't have a PSP, so I never had a chance to play the sequel. I had always wondered what the second was about though, since the first game is a pretty complete story without much room for a sequel.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: @ftomato:
Ah ok, I only played a bit of the PSP one. If the characters and story are better and more "mature" I would totally give that a shot. Gameplay is still the same though?

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Get PS+. Cool feature for a ridiculous price.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By veektarius

Not to hijack the thread I've been thinking of getting a PS3 sometime in the not-too-distant future for the same reasons. Is there any scuttlebutt on when the price drop is expected?

Soilworley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS+ has been pretty amazing for the amount of money I've spent on it. Plus Ico and Shadow of the Colossus have been for free the past week or so.

Uncharted was pretty mindblowing.

Infamous was pretty brilliant.

Also get Journey and FLOWER.

My gf loves Flower and its a great way to unwind after a rough day.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AlecOfTheWest

IMO, Uncharted is the only half-descent exclusive on the PS3. The Last of Us is boring as hell, Infamous gets old about an hour into it, and Quantic Dream titles attempt to sell you on their storytelling, despite being horribly written. Shoulda got a 360.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also just bought a PS3. First thing I did was download and play Journey. IT was in-fucking-credible.

The last of us came with the console, along with GTAV. Last of us seems great, but I only played a couple of hours. I will eventually get back to it, but I have been distracted by FF XIII, XIII-2, and all hte playstation plus games.

mariusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mariusk

heavy rain and beyound two souls, and last of us, and uncharted 1 2 and 3

BigDaddyTool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By BigDaddyTool

Haven't seen anyone mention Ratchet & Clank yet. A Crack In Time is the one to get, avoid All 4 One at all costs. (the HD collection isn't a bad choice either if you never played any of the PS2 games)

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ftomato said:

I wasn't aware of that. I don't have a PSP, so I never had a chance to play the sequel. I had always wondered what the second was about though, since the first game is a pretty complete story without much room for a sequel.

The second one occurs two years later and is about a civil war caused by the racial tensions from the first game. It takes place at a military academy for the most part. They received a lot of criticism for the teen drama fluff in the second one so they made the third one about a special ops squad and happens concurrently with the first game.