Who's ready for Dragon's Crown!!!!!??!?!?!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b79306cd44df
deactivated-5b79306cd44df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you are please let me know why you're getting it! And also if you're also getting the art book! :)

--------------

PM if you wanna add me to your friends list and so we can play some PSN games together!

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By impartialgecko

Nope. I wasn't interested in it and then Jeff's comments really put me off. His and my tastes tend to align in most cases and like him, I'm not into creepy side-scrolling brawlers with clunky loot mechanics.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I love excessive punctuation and all, but I was really put off by the character designs. So... I'm probably going to pass.

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By colorbrandon

I might give it a whirl. I might be itching for games around august.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By topsteer

Yep, I'm definitely getting it but I'm not sure exactly when. Tales of Xillia comes out on the same day and I've already got the limited edition of that pre ordered so I might pick it up then or the week after. I also kinda want to play Muramasa on the Vita before then but I don't know if I'll have the time.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TruthTellah

I'm not really ready for it. From what I've heard from people who have played it, it's pretty but clunky. So, I'll need to see some better impressions of it before I give it a second look.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i wasss in, regardless of boobage.. but after seeing/hearing more about it, it doesn't appear to hold up to vanillaware's past gems.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Man, you scared me for a second. I thought this was in response to the release date approaching but it's still off in August. Yeah I'm definitely in, I just wish it was a cross-buy title. I haven't read anything about the gameplay quality, if it turns out not to be up to snuff I may opt for that Muramasa Vita release.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sticky_pennies: Well sorry about that, but hey if a demo comes try it out :) I think it's just a relaxing game and I've played Muramasa: The Demon Blade, it was pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I was never really excited but any desire to play it deflated when I heard it was a $50 retail release.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been ready since I bought my Vita on launch.

Reason? I love Vanillaware games, no exception. Even Kumatanchi. I also love George Kamitani, and this is the spiritual sequel to a very early game of his, so of course.

The hang-up on the sorceress is understandable, I guess, but it's not anything that you haven't seen in a Vanillaware game before. The only difference is that it's one of the main characters now. The Queen of the Underworld in Odin Sphere was far more traumatizing. Vanillaware is pretty consistent in equal opportunity oversexualization, and I get if that's a personal turn off, but honestly I dig it. Someone whose username I don't remember compared the aesthetic to Frank Frazetta's artwork, and that person is a genius. I will mention, by the way, that some of my favorite art design in a game is unironically from Ai Cho Aniki.

I'll probably end up importing the Japanese version since it's out next month, and then pick up the US release later on.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm mostly in it for the Amazon, but secondarily, for the boobs.

TranceQuina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. It's been a long time since I've had my Vanillaware fix.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really looking forward to the game or anything but I'm excited that everyone else is excited.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I am excite!

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ExplodeMode

I think it looks pretty good so far. The video footage of the gameplay looks really fun (especially the amazon, dwarf and elf) but I need to eventually read some e3 impressions to see if it actually is fun.

I thought Muramasa was pretty good, and Odin sphere was okay -- but both games suffered from too much repetition. I guess the art is a lot harder to make than most games, so it gets reused.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah: lol the amazon is pretty hot. :) Glad someone likes the design, but Kamitani is crazy, he's an example of what makes art interesting, that it moves people and can "offend" people. Anyways I'm maining her and crossing fingers for unlockable costumes!!!

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By bemusedchunk

Pumped for wizard tits.

No Caption Provided