Launch Day Game

• 77 results
adam914

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What is everyone planning on getting for their game if they can get one game? I am thinking Killzone but still on the fence of what to do.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Seppli

Killzone. BF4 via PS3 to PS4 upgrade deal. Need for Speed Rivals. Two of my most favorite franchises with an excellent entry each (BF4 is great, NfS Rivals looks great in previews), and Killzone is at the very least some eyecandy, if not even surprisingly awesome, if the most recent batch of previews is to be believed.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JayEH

Killzone is not a bad choice since its a shooter. Maybe CoD or BF? I'm throwing out shooters since they will most likely keep you entertained for a while. For SP, I'd go AC4. OR KNACK

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#4  Edited By Kidavenger

I was all set to get Killzone, then I started playing Killzone 3 and remembered that I hate console shooters so I'm probably going to get Knack, I would get AC4, but I'm getting it on PC, I'm thinking about NFS but I'll probably wait for Drive Club.

To be honest Contrast and Resogun are the two launch games I'm most looking forward to and I would have bought Contrast if it wasn't going to be free.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Sterling
  • NBA 2K14 (bought the ps3/4 combo)
  • BF4 (via upgrade from PS3)
  • Madden 25 (traded in ps3 version for credit towards)
  • FIFA 14 (traded in ps3 version for credit towards)
  • NBA Live 14
  • Killzone
  • Need for Speed (don't think it comes out until the 22nd though)

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By SMTDante89

Well I already have Killzone, so really it's that. If I pick up anything extra, I guess it would probably be Assassins Creed IV and maybe something else (or two depending on if Amazon picks up Target's deal of Buy 2 Get One Free on the 10th)

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Killzone or AC4 I think...

adam914

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adam914

well i was thinking BF4 bur that story looks pretty bad, and never having played one of those games online very much i was thinking i would pick out another time to dive in to it. Killzone looks so pretty and should have a nice campaign to soak in the new power of that machine. But the AC4 story looks much better than i thought it would be, but i am sure i am going to get my hopes up for some larger twist about the time in the present when nothing happens.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Killzone, BF4, and AC4 if Target has that 3 for 2 deal. Killzone if not.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UitDeToekomst

i'll probably start with Knack or Contrast. Maybe Killzone. i'm going with the Xbox One for 3rd party stuff, so my options are going to be kind of limited.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aquablak

Battlefield 4 for sure, possibly Killzone (pending reviews), possibly CoD.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By strainedeyes

I decided to take advantage of the "Spend $50 get $10" promotion that PSN was having during October and pre-ordered Killzone, COD, and Battlefield. I'm also excited to play DCUO again on launch day.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Killzone is what I am getting. Plus the two PS+ games. I've always liked Killzone quite a lot so I'm looking forward to it!

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jimmyfenix

Well Resogun and Contrast aside i will be getting AC IV , NFS Rivals , Knack but the first game i will be putting in my shiny PS4 will be Killzone. It just feels right.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I got the Knack bundle, but also ordered AC4. Well, I ordered Watch Dogs too, but...

I really Want To Believe about KillZone, but I hated KZ2 so much that I might wait for a demo. If it plays better than that, then I might grab it post-launch.

As a sidenote, I'll be sticking with disks this gen, I think, after a mildly failed attempt at going all-digital this gen. The file sizes are just so huge, and I don't want to do a lot of storage management. I hope the auto-install process is pretty seamless so that I don't have to delete the game caches all the time. I completely filled a 500GB drive on my PS3, and games are only going to get bigger. With luck, the PS4 will handle drives larger than 500GB, which I know was a problem recently on PS3.

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LoveSpuds

I really liked the Killzone games, both online and single player so KZ3 is a must for me. Then BF4 to play with the workmates and of course the unmissable FIFA!

Really want Assassins Creed too but will have to wait a little while before spending anymore cash otherwise I will be getting a divorce!

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I'm buying COD since I haven't played one in years...I know I'm a bad person, BUT WHATEVER...I might get Killzone after the fact

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grilledcheez: not the game I'd pick to show off the graphical capability of the Ps4.

I'd pick KZ or BF4

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to be playing this new game, maybe you've heard of it? "With myself." I've been playing it for year's, it's a hidden gem around my house.

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rangers517

I can only afford 1 game at launch. Still deciding between AC4, Killzone, and BF4. I liked the previous AC games but I kinda need whatever game I get to last me a bit, so I might get one of the shooters instead so I could play multiplayer for a while.(don't really care for AC multiplayer)

Battlefield looks good but I've never played a Battlefield game before and it looks kind of intimidating, especially since i'd be playing against people that have played those games a ton. But I guess with so many players in matches me sucking at first wouldn't bring down a whole team.

I'm leaning towards Killzone atm because it looks a lot better than the previous ones and has a long campaign. Also looks really good graphically. I don't know man, tough decisions. This is serious stuff here.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killzone. Also planing to try out Warframe.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Wraxend

Buying Killzone, BF4 and AC4. Plus I'll have Resogun, Contrast, Flower, Flow and Soundshapes. So 8 games at launch ain't too bad. Easily beats my PS3 launch games that consisted of Resistance and Motorstorm.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Seppli

I can only afford 1 game at launch. Still deciding between AC4, Killzone, and BF4. I liked the previous AC games but I kinda need whatever game I get to last me a bit, so I might get one of the shooters instead so I could play multiplayer for a while.(don't really care for AC multiplayer)

Battlefield looks good but I've never played a Battlefield game before and it looks kind of intimidating, especially since i'd be playing against people that have played those games a ton. But I guess with so many players in matches me sucking at first wouldn't bring down a whole team.

I'm leaning towards Killzone atm because it looks a lot better than the previous ones and has a long campaign. Also looks really good graphically. I don't know man, tough decisions. This is serious stuff here.

Don't forget, you'll get plenty of Free 2 Play games, many of which are proven quantities. You shouldn't be hurting for great games to play, even if you can only afford one out of the gate.

First person shooter-wise, there's Blacklight Retribution that's available from day 1. Planetside 2 is coming in early 2014. Other than that, there's Warframe (coop 3rd person action) and War Thunder (Planes and Tanks MMO) and DC Universe Online (DC Superheroes MMO). The F2P offerings will keep coming for sure.

Don't worry. Even if you don't have a cent to spend for months, you'll still get too many games to ever play just the same.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting Killzone and Assassin's Creed 4, since it has gotten nothing but good reviews. If the buy 2 get 1 free at Target is true, then I'll buy them there and get Battlefield 4 also.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm most anticipating the freebies Sony is offering, Resogun, Contrast, etc. I'm buying the disc version of BF4, maybe picking up KZ and NFS depending on reviews.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jgf

I got the killzone + ds4 + eye 499 euro bundle preordered. So it'll be KZ naturally.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bane122

Believe it or no Lego Marvel. It was going to be Watch Dogs, but...

Now, If I can take advantage of that Target deal, and it is for all games as people claim, I plan to get Lego and Wonderful 101, with ACIV being my free choice.

Avatar image for stefanthemongol
StefanTheMongol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a shooter fool:

Already paid for:
Battlefield 4, COD:Ghosts, and Killzone

Considering:

Need for Speed Rivals

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

Definitely Battlefield 4 for me. Cannot wait to play that.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SSully

Killzone 2. I am pretty excited for resogun and contrast too.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm not particularly impressed with Sony's lineup so I think I'll just grab Killzone so I have something to play.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will probably pick up Killzone for my PS4.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killzone and AC4 for me. If Target deal then I will add either Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, or Knack.

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@rangers517 said:

Don't forget, you'll get plenty of Free 2 Play games, many of which are proven quantities. You shouldn't be hurting for great games to play, even if you can only afford one out of the gate.

First person shooter-wise, there's Blacklight Retribution that's available from day 1. Planetside 2 is coming in early 2014. Other than that, there's Warframe (coop 3rd person action) and War Thunder (Planes and Tanks MMO) and DC Universe Online (DC Superheroes MMO). The F2P offerings will keep coming for sure.

Don't worry. Even if you don't have a cent to spend for months, you'll still get too many games to ever play just the same.

That's actually a really good point that for some reason I didn't consider, even though I knew there'd be f2p games. That could definitely change my decision, so thanks for that.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Right now if it was only one game it would be Killzone: Shadow Fall, the 3 videos of the same way to tackle an objective they showed sold me on it.

My plan though is to wake up early and go to target before i go to work on the 15th(the closest one is 20 miles away though D:, really hope amazon.us matches the deal) and hoping to grab Killzone, Assassins Creed 4, and Knack (might switch it out based on some reviews....still dont know alot about it). If one of the games doesnt pan out then perhaps that NFS game.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Fearbeard

Still deciding between Killzone and Knack. Knack would be more tempting if there wasn't a Ratchet and Clank game coming to PS3 very soon.

I'm avoiding all multiplatform games until I have my hands on both systems to see which I like more and to see performance differences

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Killzone actually looks really solid. Knack looks neat but I'd expect a lot more charm than complexity from that.

sonicrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I became a big Killzone fan after spending my $20 and getting both 2 and 3 used after February's PS4 announcement event. I've played a ton of Killzone 3 multiplayer, and was annoyed to have to switch discs to load it up after I found out the multiplayer portion was available on PSN. I intended to buy it digitally on day one, but it went up for preorder on PSN while they were running their $10 back on every $50 spent promo, so... I already own it. I am DREADING the download time. I'll download Resogun first, and hope this console, unlike its predecessor, supports background downloading at launch. Could you imagine?

My fiancee is a big fan of the Lego games (or at least she was before Lego City Undercover), so we're waiting to pick up Lego Marvel on the 15th, partially to make the fact that I'll have spent $580ish on a new video game machine in November two years in a row a little more digestible.

And I also want Battlefield 4. And Knack. And Call of Duty to play with friends when I have them over to show the thing off. And a surround sound system. And a monkey. But I don't think any of that will happen any time soon.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Strife777

When PS4 comes out, I'll have AC 4, COD Ghost, Knack and Killzone to choose from.

I'll probably play Assassin's Creed first.

Edit: Oh and I guess Contrast and Resogun.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AC4, Ghosts, Knack

And the obligatory Contrast and Resogun.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Killzone and COD is what I'm going with thus far.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Killzone looked pretty fun, so getting that. Also AC4. Resogun looks like my kind of game too. I won't be surprised if I end up playing that more than anything when I first turn the PS4 on.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By monetarydread

None. Buying consoles at launch is always a bad idea. Just wait a year, the consoles are going to be released feeling like they are still in beta. There is the potential that one of the two will have issues with breaking (there is always a console that happens to), you will be hurting for games on your new console (there is a reason why games like Chromehounds sold millions), plus one of the two consoles (my guess is the xbox) is going to drop in price by Christmas next year.

Edit: If I was buying a console I would probably pick up ACIII (even though I could play it on my PC), Forza 5, and maybe Killzone (depending on the reviews). Really though, just wait for the reviews on games. I am sure there are going to be issues and crap games.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Killzone: SF and probably AC4. I'm in Europe so I'll see all the reviews well before I get my hands on anything.

Maxx2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

From retail games it's Knack for me. Pure shooters (Battlefield and Killzone) don't really interest me anymore, AC IV might be good, but I also have II and III on my backlog and almost everything else is sports (Fifa, Madden, NBA so forth). I think I'm more interested on the PSN offerings within the first year than retail games.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KittyVonDoom

I have a BF4 pre-order, but the quick look reminded me why the non BC games aren't really for me. Why do all the launch games have to be catered exclusively for competitive bros who want to kill stuff :(

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

AC4, KZ, Contrast and Resogun.

Paid off the first two yesterday, so all should be locked down and ready to go for the 29th (damn delayed worldwide launch).

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm buying Killzone and Knack, renting AC4 and Lego Marvel, and picking up Resogun and Contrast with PS+. Still trying to decide if I want to buy Need For Speed or rent it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Killzone, Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed 4 are my launch day games. I was going to get Watch Dogs, but since that got delayed I switched in Killzone.