• 59 results
#2 Posted by Marokai (2954 posts) -

People should play The Legend of Dragoon.

#3 Posted by Voxus (336 posts) -

@marokai: Fucking A. I'll be prepping my vita when I get home.

I remember my party config being op as shit midway through the game then getting the psychedelic stone. Fun times. Seems like so long ago!

#4 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2290 posts) -

Interested in Legend of Dragoon. Can anyone give more info on what Wild Arms is?

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10990 posts) -

Too bad that none of those interest me/I already have some from PS+.

#6 Posted by mrfluke (5149 posts) -

definitely picking up a bunch of these

#7 Edited by Zeik (2416 posts) -

@oscar__explosion said:

Interested in Legend of Dragoon. Can anyone give more info on what Wild Arms is?

A (semi) western (as in cowboys) inspired JRPG. They have their share of fantasy/sci-fi elements as well though. Personally Wild ARMs 2 is one of my favorite JRPGs from the PS1 era. Lots of people hold Wild ARMs 1 in high regard too, though I never got into it as much.

One of my favorite things about the series is that each party member has a handful of unique skills that can be used while exploring to solve puzzles.

#8 Posted by VierasTalo (774 posts) -

I'd really like to buy a lot of these games but us poor Europeans probably don't get such sales.

Wild Arms has turn-based combat ala FFVII but the movement etc. is very Zelda-like with puzzles where you have to use different characters and their unique abilities to traverse. The first one is great.

#9 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

I'm going to hit that.

#10 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2290 posts) -

@zeik: is Wild Arms 2 a direct sequel to the first or is it a Final Fantasy situation?

#11 Edited by Zeik (2416 posts) -

@oscar__explosion said:

@zeik: is Wild Arms 2 a direct sequel to the first or is it a Final Fantasy situation?

It's definitely more Final Fantasy. No need to play 1 first.

#12 Posted by Solh0und (1772 posts) -

Most of these I have played or owned at some point in life. I would MAYBE buy Worms though.

#13 Edited by falserelic (5436 posts) -

I bought the syphon filter collection. Time to relive my childhood memories.

#14 Posted by wemibelec90 (1655 posts) -

Bah, almost done with my backlog and now I have to add Dino Crisis 1&2, Legend of Dragoon, and Wild Arms 1&2 to the list. Man...

#15 Posted by HatKing (5941 posts) -

Seems like they like to throw a lot of old PS+ games on these deep discount sales. That's cool, gives people a second chance to nab some great stuff, but there's not a ton on there I'm interested in that I don't already have. Plus I'm about halfway through building a new PC, and I kind of want to focus on building that library.

#16 Posted by mosespippy (4165 posts) -

I saw the list twice and went nah. Then I saw this thread and you've convinced me to buy Legend of Dragoon. Yet another JRPG that I probably won't have time to get to sadly.

#17 Posted by Dross (307 posts) -

I'm all over Virtua Fighter 2. Haven't played that since the Saturn days. Many fond memories that I'm sure will be crushed as soon as I boot up this version.

#18 Posted by Lukeweizer (2677 posts) -

It's $1 is what it is.

#19 Posted by Pabba (341 posts) -

Aw man, yes! I snagged both Wild Arms games and Legend of Dragoon. Gotta build up that digital PS1 RPG collection!

#20 Posted by Superkenon (1430 posts) -

I already own those Wild Arms games, but dammit I'll own them digitally too!!

#22 Posted by csl316 (8644 posts) -

Dino Crisis 2 was so damn good at the time. Haven't played it since release but I'm sure that's worth $1.

I mean, come on you guys:

#23 Posted by Excast (935 posts) -

Oh man...kind of tempted to buy a few of those old RPGs for the nostalgia factor alone.

#24 Edited by bslayer (222 posts) -

<~~~~~

Also I will probably buy dino crisis 1 and 2, maybe the syphon filter games, and maybe the wild arms games as well. And I'd buy harvest moon too, but I dont want to start that game over.

#25 Edited by Asian2Go (181 posts) -

Thomas Was Alone is an incredible game that people should play.

#26 Edited by insane_shadowblade85 (1451 posts) -

Oh man, the Dino Crisis games. Oh man, I might have to get them.

#27 Posted by Seikenfreak (405 posts) -

I just picked up Legend of Dragoon, Twisted Metal Black, Wild Arms 1 & 2, and Dino Crisis 1 & 2..

Because why not!? Damn man Sony is KILLING it. $6 for 6 games are A-OK in my book. Really glad I recently replaced the 320gig PS3 HDD I had in it for years now with my left over PS4 500gig HDD.

#28 Edited by Zeik (2416 posts) -

I just picked up Legend of Dragoon, Twisted Metal Black, Wild Arms 1 & 2, and Dino Crisis 1 & 2..

Because why not!? Damn man Sony is KILLING it. $6 for 6 games are A-OK in my book. Really glad I recently replaced the 320gig PS3 HDD I had in it for years now with my left over PS4 500gig HDD.

PSN is becoming my personal Steam. I don't have the backlog most people have of Steam games, because I just don't play computer games that much, but I'm racking up quite a backlog on my Playstation consoles thanks to all these sales.

#29 Posted by Rabidlamb (23 posts) -

I remember really digging the soundtrack to Wild Arms back in the day.

#30 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5475 posts) -

OH MAN! Glad I held off on Twisted metal black. After watching that Bombastica earlier in the week, I wanted to try one of the games in the series out. After some recommendations, I decided to go with black and $.99 cents is just the right price for me to try it out.

#31 Posted by DeathTrap (247 posts) -

Decided that, for 99¢ each, I might as well buy the games that vaguely interested me - Harvest Moon, Legend of Dragoon, Wild Arms, and Wild Arms 2.

#32 Posted by Tajasaurus (859 posts) -

I bought Dino Crisis 1 and 2, Double Dragon Neon, Wild Arms 1 & 2, Twisted Metal: Black and The Legend of Dragoon.

Which is pretty cool for seven dollars.

i also bought two points cards from play-asia by accident instead of one because i'm from australia so i also bought manhunt for $10 but maybe we shouldn't talk about that

#33 Posted by BradBrains (951 posts) -

Harvest moon. I'd buy that for a dollar

#34 Posted by DeathTrap (247 posts) -

Unfortunately, looks like Legend of Dragoon isn't compatible with Vita (US one, at least). Too bad. Oh well - it was only 99¢.

#35 Edited by Marokai (2954 posts) -

@deathtrap: I believe you can transfer it to the Vita from a Ps3. Haven't tried this myself, but I'm like 90% sure that's possible.

#36 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5423 posts) -

I had $5 on my account from watching Sony's E3 conference in a movie theater and got both Dino Crisis games and The Legend of Dragoon. It was the first RPG I ever completed.

#37 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5444 posts) -

Thanks for pointing this out.

#38 Posted by CorruptedEvil (3167 posts) -

Double Dragon Neon is pretty fucking rad and has some legit amazing electropop

#39 Edited by EquitasInvictus (2029 posts) -

It's about to rain Washingtons up in PSN. I am also finally about to populate my Vita with games other than P4G.

#40 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

@marokai: If that's actually possible, you're going to have to explain exactly how that works. I need my Dragoon on Vita.

#41 Posted by Yummylee (21615 posts) -

We don't get it over in Europe it seems, because of course we don't. But eh, I already own everything on there I'd be interested in anywhoo.

#42 Edited by Marokai (2954 posts) -

@jjweatherman: From http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9088/~/transfer-content-from-ps3-to-ps-vita

To transfer content between PS3 and PS Vita:

1. On the PS3 system select the user associated with the account your content was purchased on.
  2. Connect the PS Vita via USB cable to the PS3, and choose Content Manager on the PS Vita.
  3. The option to ‘Copy Content’ should appear. There is the option to either copy content from the PS3 to PS Vita or from PS Vita to PS3.
  4. Next, choose the type of content you are copying (Remember to copy content in it's bubbled format. If you've installed it to the Ps3, you can't copy that)
  5. Choose the content you want to copy and select ‘Copy’.

I haven't done this with Legend of Dragoon, but I'm fairly sure it's one of the transferable games. There are loads of games that aren't officially available for the Vita that you can download on the Ps3 and transfer to a Vita in this fashion. I did that with Valkyria Chronicles 2, for instance.

#43 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1046 posts) -

@marokai: Just to add a little to that post, here is the list of games that work right from the Vita, Transfer from PS3, and just don't work at all with the Vita (they do but Sony wont allow it for whatever reason).

#44 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11718 posts) -

Bought both Dino crisis games and legend of dragoon. Then I used this as an excuse to buy Crash 2,3 and CTR.

#45 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

@marokai: Wowzers, that's awesome. I'm definitely trying it when I get home! Seems like saves wouldn't transfer, though? Or maybe they totally would the same way. I'll check it out.

#46 Posted by GideonAmos (199 posts) -

Dammit, just right when my 7 years old PS3 got the YLOD. I just want to play Legend of Dragoon again. Speaking about legends, why is Legends of Legaia still not on PSN?

#47 Posted by MormonWarrior (2590 posts) -

People should not play Legend of Dragoon. It was always a bad imitation of the good PlayStation RPGs. And getting into a random battle takes like fifteen minutes every time. It's the worst.

#48 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

People should not play Legend of Dragoon. It was always a bad imitation of the good PlayStation RPGs. And getting into a random battle takes like fifteen minutes every time. It's the worst.

You're the worst! And your mom's the worst! and your face is the worst!

It's really not a bad game. It has it's faults, but it's awesome. Worth playing.

#49 Posted by Belegorm (402 posts) -

Kind of interested in legend of dragoon and wild arms but not interested at all in the rest.

#50 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Seems like a good time to expand my PS1 RPG library. I'll have to check out Legend of Dragoon and the Wild Arms games.