Playstation Plus Games for October (Broken Age and Super Meat Boy)

• 76 results
glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yawn.........................................

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Super Meat Boy is a perfect game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Yeah, that's a pretty poor selection far as I'm concerned. In fact the games selection for PS+ has been pretty lackluster for what feels like a while now.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#5  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Broken Age kind of defines Double Fine over the last six or seven years - some neat concepts, some amazing work, but super thin gameplay that just doesn't hold me. I guess I'll probably finish it on PS4 though. Gotta get them trophies.

I'm genuinely looking forward to playing Super Meat Boy, which I still haven't done. I know.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My Plus runs out at just the right moment, I've already got both on PC. Great month for those that don't though, SMB is an obvious classic and I have a lot of love for Broken Age despite its seriously flawed second act.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the only games on PS+ I've been interested in since Rocket League were the two that didn't get voted in for September, and October seems to continue that tradition. Also I was kind of hoping that this month's games would be horror themed or something, but I suppose they'll have some kind of sale happen later this month.

You know, I almost feel like they should start adding a game or two from their streaming service to the PS+ free games each month. It would give them a wider selection of things to choose from, and maybe help promote that service a bit better.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

For those who still have their PS3 hooked up, "Chariot" has Vinny's Seal of Approval.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Milkman

Super Meat Boy is one of the best games of all-time. I'm happy to own that on as many platforms as possible.

Broken Age is a weird one for me. I played the first half when it came out and really loved it. But when the second half came out, I played about an hour and just had absolutely no desire to play anymore. I don't even know if it was a problem with the game or if it was just me.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broken Age is a neat get, but other than that... well, Kickbeat has always seemed like a fun little lark, I guess. Meat Boy was never my jam at all. And the less said about the ongoing flood of puzzle-platformers, the better.

I really hope November is a banger of a month.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Awesome.

I have not played either. I want to play both! SMB especially I've been told is up my alley. Game has a hell of a legacy. Works for me :D

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First time in quite awhile that I've been legitimately interested in the free games selection.

m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By m4r71n2012

They are removing drive club ps + edition on 6th October too, that hasn't been available for that long has it? especially strange after it took so long to appear. I can only summise that very few people have bothered to download it

Jaymii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely love these two. Been hovering over the "buy" button on Broken Age for a while, so I'm super happy it's going to be on Plus. Meat Boy is (probably) still awesome and love the idea of having it on a new system.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is excellent.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broken Age kind of defines Double Fine over the last six or seven years - some eat concepts, some amazing work, but super thin gameplay that just doesn't hold me. I guess I'll probably finish it on PS4 though. Gotta get them trophies.

Was thinking the same about Broken Age and trophies, with a guide and letting story play out it should be a little over ten hours http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/broken-age/265901-broken-age-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

The game in general I wanted to wait with until it was released in full, but all the review and player impressions of how it lost it put me off of that. At least it'll be a nice way to help me kill time over October, every day ticking closer to Yakuza 5, No Man's Sky, The Tomorrow Children, etc.

ashton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to playing Broken Age after all the positive talk I heard on the GOTY2014 podcasts, think it was from Vinny in particular. Regardless, the story is supposed to make the game!

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll definitely play through SMB again, really great game.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People finally seem to be coming around on the fact the PS plus is kind of dumb.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Oh well theres always next month.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#21  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

It's been long enough that I'm willing to tackle Super Meat Boy again. Plus I've only ever seen the first act of Broken Age so now seems like it could be a good time to see the rest of it. Ps plus continues to be great for someone that likes to play a lot of genres. I do wonder why peoples expectations continue to rise since it has been going at this pace for a while now.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At some point the PS4 library is going to be such that some good real-ass retail games make it to PS+, but until then

@marcsman said:

Yawn.........................................

about sums it up for me.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the top five platformwea of all time is free and people are unimpressed. I got SMB the day it was released and I am super pumped to have a chance to play through it again on PS4.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they've kinda just blown through the indie games available faster then they're being released.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Really? Y'all are disappointed? Meat Boy is a damn classic. Not opposed to playing through Broken Age either since I have yet to touch it.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I am so excited for Broken Age. I just finished Grim Fandango and it's got me itching for another Tim Schafer adventure game.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to be that guy but I got Super Meat Boy during the last Steam Sale for like a dollar, and I get to keep that...

Still a great game, so if people are happy more power to them.

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a fantastic group of PS+ games. I already own them on other platforms, but shit I ain't complaining. I'll play through Meatboy again. I assume that having Isaac as a PS+ game eariler this year worked out good for Edmund seeing MB is now also a + game.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Given I haven't touched any of last month's games, this month is already better because I'll probably give Broken Age a look and I already know Super Meat Boy is alright.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Junkboy

Really poor lineup of games. Super Meat Boy is fun but most of us probably already purchased it on one of the 9 trillion steam sales for cents or whatever.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might play some chariot with the girlfriend. Idk about the rest.

Avatar image for redglovesociety
RedGloveSociety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underwhelming. Starting to think sony ISN'T #4thegamers

Avatar image for terminallychill
terminallychill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By terminallychill

I don't understand all the complaining, I think this is the best selection following the month with Rocket League.

I've always wanted to play SMB but my laptop can barely run Braid without lighting on fire, and I've been eyeing Broken Age after watching half of that Double Fine kickstarter documentary. They're also both on Vita too, which is cool. Not sure about cross-save.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hey I was thinking about trying Broken Age out, sure

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Meat Boy is outstanding if you like platformers. I do, so I played the shit out of it, but if you can't appreciate a game for super-precise controls, it might not be for you...but you should probably know this by now as it's been out for a long time.

Broken Age is also outstanding, as long as you stop after the first half. It gets decidedly less outstanding after that.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By Honkalot

I was looking around PSN for SMB like literally a week ago. This is fantastic!

Edit: Man if people are saying Sony is bad because of this selection then that is on you. Super Meat Boy is nothing less than perfect, if you don't like it that's fine but that's not the game's fault rest assured.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By Sessh

Really don't care for Broken Age (Played it once, never want to go back.), but I'll take any change I get to play Super Meat Boy again. SMB is one of the best, if not the best, platformers of all time as far as I'm concerned.

I do get why people are disappointed though, since it's just some rather old games.

robbparris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, not too bad this month. I'm interested to give Broken Age a go, and I have never played SMB before.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing selection this month. Can't wait to play Super Meat Boy and Broken Age.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

As someone who still hasn't played Super Meat Boy, I'm happy! I'll probably have fun with Broken Age too, so I'm not complaining.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Broken Age is ok and SMB is awesome, but an old game at this point.

Really bad month for PS+

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I remember last gen when I mainly gamed on my 360 I'd look at PS Plus with some envy as they got all these awesome big games each month. Then this generation I switched to PS4 and was really excited to finally get on that sweet PS Plus gravy train. Apart from like 2 games, it has been the indie bargain bin. Pix the Cat is fine and the other games have also been alright but it's like, man, throw in a "Remastered" or "HD" edition at least.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BradBrains

@humanity said:

Man I remember last gen when I mainly gamed on my 360 I'd look at PS Plus with some envy as they got all these awesome big games each month. Then this generation I switched to PS4 and was really excited to finally get on that sweet PS Plus gravy train. Apart from like 2 games, it has been the indie bargain bin. Pix the Cat is fine and the other games have also been alright but it's like, man, throw in a "Remastered" or "HD" edition at least.

are you one of those that is pushing for "full games" for it to feel like a value?

I think for the most part ps plus has been pretty good. a ton of games I might not have checked out otherwise which I think has more value than "old full game you purchased already." bad example this month with meatboy but i havent played that in a long time and am excited to play it again.

id be fine with a larger game every once and while though. we have only had one which kinda sucks.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's just me, but I'm gonna say that the reason for there not being that many "real" games included is the fact that...well, PS4 doesn't really have that many of those as of yet? Maybe if we take in multiplatform games. @humanity mentioned remastered games, which could do from time to time, but besides those, they can't really just develop any big AAA titles just to give them away for free either.

Maybe they should just give-out Knack in next month. That'll teach people to be careful about what they wish for.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Humanity

@bradbrains said:
@humanity said:

are you one of those that is pushing for "full games" for it to feel like a value?

I think for the most part ps plus has been pretty good. a ton of games I might not have checked out otherwise which I think has more value than "old full game you purchased already." bad example this month with meatboy but i havent played that in a long time and am excited to play it again.

id be fine with a larger game every once and while though. we have only had one which kinda sucks.

Thats basically all I want. I don't care about the "value" proposition since I have to pay for Plus one way or another in order to play games online. Personally I'm just not a huge fan of those small indie games they have been serving up for over a year now. There are a few I like, for instance I've been eyeing Super Time Force on Steam for ages and I got it last month so hooray for that - been waiting for Geometry Wars and that might eventually come down the pipeline.

We still got some good stuff this year I agree. January they gave away the First Light standalone DLC for inFamous which prompted me to buy the base game (it was good!), there was Transistor and Guacamelee. A lot of that stuff I already owned on Steam but for people that only game on consoles thats still a decent offering. I just wish once in a while they threw in something bigger, but they've been sticking to these smaller games.

@glottery I don't know maybe it's just this month that got me a bit jaded about it. I mean I excitedly Googled the new games for October and Super Meat Boy? I mean seriously.. It was an awesome game, but c'mon it's a little old.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@humanity: If you go back and look at some of the early games that came onto PS+ when it originally launched on the PS3 it wasn't really stacked with how people seem to remember it. The service launched 3 years into the life cycle of the PS3 and originally came with such massive hitters as Wipeout HD, Critter Crunch, Mushroom Wars and Zen Pinball over a four month period. The first "big" game was probably Tomb Raider Underworld which was about a year after the service launched.

It was't really until two years in that you started getting lots of AAA games hitting the service. And even still for every Just Cause 2 there was a Choplifter HD.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Humanity

@jesus_phish: I agree with a lot of what you said. There might be a misunderstanding here that I think PS Plus is a bad service or something to that effect. There has been a lot of talk on this site lately about the ability to be critical of a good thing. Free (or rented however you want to phrase it) PS Plus games are a cool little side bonus that Sony doesn't have to offer us at all. That said, I still think it is completely OK to be critical of the service. Most people can agree that Super Meat Boy is a really great game, but it's also a super old game and they could have done a little better. They also could do a better job of diversifying the sort of games they put on on PS Plus as they've all been more or less of the same category for a while now.

You are absolutely right in that during PS3 days the games weren't always amazing. You are also right in that the PS4 is relatively young and doesn't have a lot of "old" games that they can realistically offer up for free. Despite all that, I just think they could do a slightly better job than they have been doing as of late.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS plus has basically turned into that 50 bucks a year I pay to maybe one day get around to trying Yakuza 5. I should probably just buy my own copy of Yakuza 5.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

towolie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't know how much you all payed for playstation plus, i payed 50 euro's for a whole year.

for that price how can you even complain about this? do you want them to personally ask you what you want? do you expect a triple A game every month?

are you seriously telling me that out of a whole year of ps+ you get less value than out of 1 single triple A game? i just don't understand the human race anymore...