• 62 results
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By alistercat

Not really. Don't ask me anything. Ask me about the game, if you want. I only just started.

I have X.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Why not Y?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Is the opening as slow of a burn as past installments?

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what were you thinking?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donchipotle said:

Why not Y?

what were you thinking?

I like the Mewtwo and Charizard mega evolutions better in X than Y.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunbrozak said:

Is the opening as slow of a burn as past installments?

Of course. I can't speak to exact pacing between them but it feels about the same.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Where did you get it?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@counterclockwork87 said:

Where did you get it?

Shopto.net, I'm in the UK.

How are they able to sell it online early, it comes out worldwide the twelfth right? Just curious. There's a place here in New York City that always sells stuff early, but that's a brick and mortar shop. I'm gonna go there Friday and see if they have it so I can play it this weekend. Did that for Animal Crossing and had it before everyone else. Kinda sucked though because I had no one to ask questions to online.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@counterclockwork87: Online always sell early. Despite being a smaller country, UK postal service can still take up to 3 days on first class. Free first class delivery is standard on everything, so I guess they get the leeway to dispatch games up to 3 days in advance. I always get my games early from them, but it is usually only a day early.

In this case since the release is a saturday and postal service on the weekend is unreliable they get to dispatch it as early as possible.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By circlenine

Having read and heard absolutely nothing about the game, are you starting as a kid in a small town only to get into danger with pokemon only to have a kind hearted pokemon professor give you and your rival/friend pokemon out of a selection of three?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

With the three starter pokemon who did you choose and why?

Have you seen any new types (psychic, grass, water, etc.) of pokemon yet in the beginning areas?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circlenine: The premise this time is the children of the town are given pokemon to go on an adventure. Surprise. This time there are 5 of you though. There is no contrived danger. it's a more innocent "HEY! ADVENTURE!" but yeah, pretty similar to previous games bit mixed up a little. You don't even get your pokemon from the professor or meet him at first. Haven't met him yet.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what pokemanz did you pick from the initial 3 and how do you feel they stack up?

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By circlenine

Oh man I'm actually legitimately shocked that they changed that winning classic formula.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did you have for dinner?

WHAT?! you said "Anything"

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft said:

With the three starter pokemon who did you choose and why?

Have you seen any new types (psychic, grass, water, etc.) of pokemon yet in the beginning areas?

@karkarov said:

So what pokemanz did you pick from the initial 3 and how do you feel they stack up?

I chose Fennekin, the fire pokemon. I chose it because it looked like what I wish Vulpix was in the original.

So far I have encountered a normal type bunny, and 2 bug pokemon one which was new and one which was a weedle. I'm going to make that part of my team as a Beedrill.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Have you gotten one of the Kanto starters yet? If so, about how long into the game does it take to get there?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what was all the crap in the trailers about swinging on vines and jumping on spiderwebs? Also does the 3D environment really get us that much closer to realizing the dream of a full on 3D pokemon rpg on the WiiU?

Hennet_sim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

How fast can you transfer Pokemon from a previous generation and if you have been able to how annoying is the process?

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

What are the biggest changes do you see in Pokemon X/Y?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By alistercat

@zeforgotten said:

What did you have for dinner?

WHAT?! you said "Anything"

If you read my post, I predicted this kind of joke. I said not really anything. Just the game. I haven't had dinner yet, but it was my birthday yesterday so I'm having all you can eat chinese!

Have you gotten one of the Kanto starters yet? If so, about how long into the game does it take to get there?

How fast can you transfer Pokemon from a previous generation and if you have been able to how annoying is the process?

Sorry, haven't gotten far enough to answer either of these. It's not right away, in any case.

what was all the crap in the trailers about swinging on vines and jumping on spiderwebs? Also does the 3D environment really get us that much closer to realizing the dream of a full on 3D pokemon rpg on the WiiU?

What are the biggest changes do you see in Pokemon X/Y?

The 3D environment seems to allow more traversal elements. For starters EIGHT WAY MOVEMENT. I don't think they've had that before. Still feels locked to an invisible grid but more natural. The angle allows you to see the route ahead much better and they change the camera angles when you go near a shop or something. It's zoomed in on the door.

Maybe the weirder thing so far is that the story stuff feels more like cutscenes and they transition in to gameplay seamlessly, but they are scenes with camera movements etc.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is pikachu in it

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're UK? What color are the Vivillons in your game?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Ugh. The only thing I wanted to know was if they finally dropped the gridlocked movement. Being able to move diagonally is not a comfort because I'm sure they've compensated by making it impossible to avoid certain trainers anyway. I just wish they'd drop the grid-based traversal derived from an obviously limited console.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By alistercat

@andrewb: So far it has been a design decision in the placement of the trainers, rather than exploiting the limits of your movement. The pathways are still narrow and limited, and the trainers are usually placed on the edge so you can't avoid them. The first place you encounter trainers is another forest and it is actually easy to avoid trainers in this case because they give you alternate paths around them but if they want to force a battle on you they'll always be able to do it regardless of movement ability.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh bother...

How's Pokemon Amie?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@andrewb: So far it has been a design decision in the placement of the trainers, rather than exploiting the limits of your movement. The pathways are still narrow and limited, and the trainers are usually placed on the edge so you can't avoid them. The first place you encounter trainers is another forest and it is actually easy to avoid trainers in this case because they give you alternate paths around them but if they want to force a battle on you they'll always be able to do it regardless of movement ability.

They can give you full movement but still design the environments in a way that the trainers are going to spot you. Even if they didn't, you wouldn't last a handful of turns in a battle against a gym leader without properly leveled Pokemon in a modern game, so there's already that sort of gameplay gate.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy: It's cute. Much more preferable to the dress up and performance stuff in Black and White. That might be in here, I don't know.

Totally optional and I probably won't do much of it.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you turn of battle animations like in previous games to not see the same animation for the hundredth time? Can you turn off the start of battle/new pokemon animations after you switch pokemon?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circlenine: The options menu lets you turn battle animations on or off. The opening battle animations still played for me though.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By alistercat

Holy crap. I've never legitimately gotten pokerus in any pokemon game but apparently I caught a pokemon already that has it.

Edit: All my pokemon have it... weird.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By Flappy

Holy crap. I've never legitimately gotten pokerus in any pokemon game but apparently I caught a pokemon already that has it.

If I could, I'd run up on you and give ya a German suplex that'd make Kurt Angle proud. The only things saving you are:

A) You picked Fennekin (Kudos)

B) The distance

C) The amount of salt in my body has probably resulted in some form of paralysis.

Play on, playa. We can battle/trade in the future.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. That's super rare. You only have a 3 in 65,536 chance of encountering a pokemon infected with the virus. Once they're placed in your party it will infect the rest of your pokemon on hand.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@counterclockwork87: Shopto are the number 1 online store in the UK for selling stuff early but have a policy that if you use the free recorded method of first class postage (1-3 days delivery) and the game does not turn up on release day you get £5 credit on you're account. That's why they are no longer selling the new CoD games at launch because they can't send them before Monday.

Strangely the rental company I use sent my copy out today, so I should get it tomorrow.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy: @themanwithnoplan: @itwongo: Thanks guys. Does it still apply the buff after it has been 'cured'? I wish I knew which pokemon had it originally. To get it so early in the game too, wow.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Blastoise still the most awesome pokemon?!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By alistercat

@hamz: Only on my copy of Pokemon Blue.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: I know you predicted the joke but still it had to be done.

Also, happy birthday to you!

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: Yes, but they will be unable to spread it further. Boxing an infected Pokemon will preserve it for later infection. I'd get on that.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itwongo: Already done. I plan on infecting every caught pokemon, so no matter what I trade they have it.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if Pokemon were real which Pokemon do you think you could beat in a fist fight?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Pokemon and Human inter-species relationships yay or nay?

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon and Human inter-species relationships yay or nay?

Seems like a quick way to force those useless Magikarps to pokevolve into Gyarados in order to protect themselves.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless they've changed it since Emerald, pokerus only spreads for like 3-4 days once a pokemon has caught it, so I think if you want it to keep spreading you need to store someone in the PC with it?

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By coaxmetal
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circlenine: I meant the buff to EVs sticking after it is cured. I've got some in a box.