Any other Puyo Puyo Tetris fans out there in GB land? (2017 Update)

• 126 results
flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@corevi:

Nope I picked expedited. I've used them before when I still lived in England...remember waiting for what seemed like months for a Professor Layton to come! So for the sake of something like $7 seems worth it.

RandyFIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just ordered this for XONE, GT:Eppana

Avatar image for onceuponamonkey
onceuponamonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got a PS4 copy on it's way from PlayAsia, sounds like it might take awhile.

PSN: knottyboy24

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By johncallahan

Ordered it the day before Christmas and have been playing it stupid ever since. Got the Xbox One version over the PS4 version, because even though I know there's not going to be nearly the online community for it, the idea of owning a physical, Japanese, Xbox One game was too funny for me to pass up. jonny126 on Live if anyone does want to Teyo it up.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By CABBAGES

I was going to order it then changed my mind and now ive changed my mind again ! will get it on xbone or ps4 whatever they have in stock .

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By alexl86

The quick look sold me on the game. My first imported Japanese game. I guess I'll be waiting a while on it though. It said sometime between January 30th and February 23rd.

Edit: Changed my shipping to expedited. Now I should be getting within two weeks.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By matatat

This is the first import game that I have ever purchased. I'm both nervous and excited.

jsuuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

has anybody ordered through cdjapan before? good place to go?

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#59  Edited By Atwa

I caved in and ordered a PS3 copy.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Nefarious_Al

Imported on PS4 from play-asia, won't get here for a couple weeks though. Since streaming Xrd and playing online is giving me more lag than I like I plan to stream head to head on this when I get it.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By flameboy84

Play_Asia took money from credit card last night! Send it already!

flameboyNE for those on XBL!

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#62  Edited By Sergio

I watched the Quick Look last night and ended up ordering a PS4 copy this evening. Now I wait with anticipation. Talked myself out of also getting the Vita version - it was in my cart up to confirming my purchase.

MrCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This game is fun as hell, been really enjoying the 5-ish hours I've played so far. Picked up the digital 3DS version after the QL while waiting on play-asia to have PS4 version in stock.

A warning for fellow crazy people that imported a Japanese 3DS though: apparently every single person online is amazing at the game (or I am terrible I guess), I've been getting destroyed :P

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrck said:

This game is fun as hell, been really enjoying the 5-ish hours I've played so far. Picked up the digital 3DS version after the QL while waiting on play-asia to have PS4 version in stock.

A warning for fellow crazy people that imported a Japanese 3DS though: apparently every single person online is amazing at the game (or I am terrible I guess), I've been getting destroyed :P

I feel like it's gonna be the same on every version!

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I had been meaning to import a Vita copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris during most of 2014, but never got around to it (mostly because of my budget). As soon as the Quick Look went up, though, I rushed to Play-Asia knowing what would happen.

PS4 and Vita versions were sold out, so I just grabbed it on Xbox One. No regrets.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#66 chaser324  Moderator

I've had a copy of the game in my cart on Play-Asia multiple times in the past two weeks, but I finally managed to pull the trigger on an Xbox One copy this morning.

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By wafflez

What have I done.. oh, I ordered the PS4 version. PSN: Sonixe

Lepruk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Lepruk86

As soon as I saw this on UPF I had to have it.

I adore puzzle games and am a fan of both series.

Fuck Giantbomb... for showing me things I want to buy.

Ordered the PS4 version.

PSN ID is Lepruk if anyone wants to add me feel free.

PS@danryckert Please stream this game. I enjoy watching you play.

MrCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy84: Oh for sure, I just figured that since the 3DS (WiiU too I assume?) is region locked the odds of facing Japanese players is higher than on other systems, but it all depends on how many bothered importing the game I guess.

Can't wait for my PS4 version to arrive so I can try some local play, seems like the way to play it, online is still fun though.

langdon_alger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By langdon_alger

yup, grabbed the ps4 version off ebay ($55 w/ free shipping seemed reasonable). Now to wait... ...

Lepruk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone actually tell me what the menu says when they choose their characters? Is it junk patterns? (the one that can move left and right to cycle through?).

Also anyone found someone on youtube or a streaming site to watch whilst we all wait? :D

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By dadjumper

@lepruk86: Going from the Quick Look, It says "Choose your operation method" and the options are "Normal A", "Normal B", "Arcade A", "Arcade B" and "One handed", so my assumption is that it's different control configurations?

Lepruk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadjumper: Arrh okay; well I can test that.

Thank you so so much! +1 Interwebz for you!

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well my copy shipped on Saturday and according to Fed Ex arrived at my local depot at 8.48am today...so fingers crossed should arrive today or tomorrow.

b4rr0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just placed an order from Solaris Japan for the PS4 version. I had a great experience with Solaris when I bought my Framemeister so hoping there's no issues this time either.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well my copy (sent expedited via fedex) from Play-Asia failed to deliver, man at the desk of our building called to say they needed payment before they could deliver it. Guess I got hit with import tax? For the record just for anyone else ordering I'm in Ontario Canada.

izzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I ordered my copy from play asia and it came with a $5 off a purchase of $60 or more coupon. If anyone wants it the code is EC-OKO-BGS.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bibamatt said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE TRANSLATED MENUS.

I picked the Vita version up while in Japan in July. I've been playing through the story mode on that and loved it SO much that I got a Japanese friend to ship me the Xbox One version over Christmas.

Any Xbox One players up for online multiplayer at any point? @flameboy84, I'll add you! @recspec, you too! @fram, what's your gamertag?

Also will add @code3xbl, thanks for the thread again!

My gamertag is Bibamatt, make sure y'all add me back!

GT is Captain Fram.

My copy just arrived today! Will probably take a took at it later tonight. Also thanks in advance to the OP for those menu translations!!

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still haven't got a this-gen console, but I love me some Puyo. If anyone's interested, the real competition is in a fan made PC clone called "Puyo Puyo VS" that has a regular online community of about 1000 people. It's completely free, but only features rulesets from older games (Tsu which is still tournament standard for Puyo Puyo and Fever, but the real action is with Tsu) and there's no Tetris. Most of the community is quite good. It's a real trial-by-fire for those uninitiated. Google 'er up and come get your ass kicked in some ranked matches by some pros.

To whet your appetite (This is the arcade version of Tsu:)

Loading Video...

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

I got my vita version yesterday! It's pretty fun, although I'm not very good at the Puyo Puyo side of things yet. I haven't played online yet but I will someday, my PSN is 'beetle_jay'.

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Xbox One, Skipper Sonne.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fram said:

@bibamatt said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE TRANSLATED MENUS.

I picked the Vita version up while in Japan in July. I've been playing through the story mode on that and loved it SO much that I got a Japanese friend to ship me the Xbox One version over Christmas.

Any Xbox One players up for online multiplayer at any point? @flameboy84, I'll add you! @recspec, you too! @fram, what's your gamertag?

Also will add @code3xbl, thanks for the thread again!

My gamertag is Bibamatt, make sure y'all add me back!

GT is Captain Fram.

My copy just arrived today! Will probably take a took at it later tonight. Also thanks in advance to the OP for those menu translations!!

I'm definitely up for some online multiplayer once I've got to grips to it. Didn't manage to find the time to play last night!

Lepruk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avoid ordering from Nin-nin game.com like the plague. No customer support / response and they haven't even begun processing the shipping after a week of waiting.

I am going to have to reorder from play-asia but I don't want to do this if they finally decide to ship my game. Opened a paypal dispute currently.

Sad day for importers everywhere... Feel for me guys! :(

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

Does anybody have more detailed translations for the online menus?

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yesssss, Puyo Puyo Tetris!

I preordered the Vita version and have been playing it off and on for a while. The QL reignited the fever, and now the PS4 version is on a plane or a truck or wherever it is by now. Really hyped to get it. If anyone's on the fence after watching the QL, it is a hell of a lot of fun single player too.

Sucks to hear about Nin-Nin-Game. Import sites that have never done me wrong: Play Asia, CDJapan, YesAsia, and AmiAmi.

PSN: bssteph and I would gladly participate in any tournament that happens.

Lepruk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Lepruk86

@bsstephan: Thank you; I will stick to those in the future.

Just as a reply; They responded to my paypal dispute by saying the item is ready but I need to cancel my dispute first. I've replied with a big fat not-a-chance as they have no way to cancel. Said they can either ship it or refund; their choice.

I hate having to escalate things due to poor service. Thanks for the concern though :).

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I bought this on PS3 and then paid the extra $6 for expedited shipping. What a great way to spend basically all my discretionary income!

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By dadjumper

@joey: I'm still waiting for my copy of the game, but if you send me screenshots I'd be happy to overlay translations!

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone who ordered from Play-Asia when the quick look came out gotten their copy yet? Apparently mine shipped on the 17th but my tracking number keeps coming back invalid. This is my first time ordering from Play-Asia so I don't know what to expect. Are we talking 1-2 weeks shipping time? 4 weeks?

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3 version here, PSN: Kidman364

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Has anyone who ordered from Play-Asia when the quick look came out gotten their copy yet? Apparently mine shipped on the 17th but my tracking number keeps coming back invalid. This is my first time ordering from Play-Asia so I don't know what to expect. Are we talking 1-2 weeks shipping time? 4 weeks?

I'm in Australia, but I ordered from Play-Asia a couple of days after the Quick Look and opted for the more expensive shipping option. The game arrived at my door yesterday.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Xbox One copy is on its way.

Gamertag: dgtlty

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Ravelle

My PS4 ID is Voltburn.

Currently stuck on 3-10 of Story Mode. The AI plays merciless.

No Caption Provided

Here's the translation for the menu's for those interested. And here's a french site with some translations. http://bayoen.fr/ppt/menus.html

Chuugoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Hey, duders! I made something that I think you might like.

Doctor Dog probably won't, though.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the shipping method you selected. It can take anywhere from around a week to around a month.

I ordered mine on the 18th with Fedex Economy shipping, it went out on the 21st and is estimated to arrive on the 26th.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle:

I only just saw this thank you so much!

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quid_pro_bono said:

It depends on the shipping method you selected. It can take anywhere from around a week to around a month.

I ordered mine on the 18th with Fedex Economy shipping, it went out on the 21st and is estimated to arrive on the 26th.

Ordered mine from www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ and it arrived within a week with FedEx.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the input guys, I'll keep an eye on the situation. Hopefully it comes soon!

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

@chuugoku: Thanks for the video. I went through the entire story mode not knowing what was going on, so this should help a little bit.

I have the PS3 version. PSN: RuriKidA if anyone's interested.

afancydinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just ordered my copy for the PS4 and couldn't be more stoked! Feel free to add me:

PSN: dinnerdad