Do I need to play quest for glory 2 before 3?

fang273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all, I beat quest for glory 1 and imported into 2, but it's just so dreadfully boring. I just got to the first elemental and have no interest in continuing. If I skip it, am I going to be missing much? Is importing a character a big advantage in 3, or is the created character fairly equivalent?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

You're fine to jump ahead, but if you thought II was boring, III might not grab you. IV was perfectly good, if bug-ridden.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ye, all the games are pretty seperate from each other except for the obvious character progression. There are a few "easter eggs" though, and one of the major ones is exactly between 2 and 3 (although it's more of a nice bonus rather than something essential). I'd have to disagree a bit with @sparky_buzzsaw though, all the corridor stuff in 2 can get pretty mind-numbing, especially if you don't really know your way around very well. All the other games are much more open and varied, especially 3.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I didn't complete any of the first three before digging into Shadows of Darkness, and that worked out fine for me.