• 198 results
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nightriff

Mod edit: This is now the Summer Sale master thread.

User Edit: Lucked into this!

Steam Purchases so far:

• LEGO Worlds - just wanted to buy it, wasn't on sale
  • Half-life 2: Episodes 1 & 2 - who knew Half-life 2 is really Half-life 2: Episode Zero?
  • The Fall - for you Vinny
  • Geometry Wars - finally get to play it
  • Crypt of the NecroDancer
  • HuniePop - don't judge me, could go for a fun match 3, and look at the overwhelming positive rating
  • Rock of Ages - $ .99
hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

You should link that Russian source.

Google translate:

Steam Sale starts June 11 at 20:00 Moscow time.

June 20 will "Sale Encore," which will involve all the companies that participated in the Summer Sale.

Herself sale end June 22 at 20:00 Moscow time.

events and other details so far unknown.

also advise to read our guidance on sales, not to spend all the money in one day .

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just got an email form pay pal telling me to get ready for steam sale between 11 and 21 of June

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I think that's the day my PC arrives. Valve must be watching.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There are a new set of steam cards on everyone's profiles labeled mystery. It's gonna be soon

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

It is starting to look like this may be the case. They only have 25 "Weekly Specials" when they usually have 100+.

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Ready your mouses men! Prepare your wallets!

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Whelp, the steam sale is definitely here but the servers are a total mess right now.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Terrible deals. GTA5 is on SALE for $60. Thats one of the big daily/flash sales too, not the generic all month long 25% off price games normally are. Black Mesa 15% off is considered a big flash sale? So whats its normal sale price, 5% off?

Steam's summer sale used to be like 50% off base price of everything for two weeks, with daily specials like 90% off. Then on the last day, everything goes back 90% off again one last time.

Today, games that are practically given away, or found in a GameStop bin for $0.50, like Mirrors Edge, are being advertised at $10. $10 wouldn't even be a good normal MSRP price for that game today. EA will give you Mirror's Edge in exchange for a FaceBook like, you know?

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently they are now paying YOU to buy the worst games ever.

You can't beat -175%
You can't beat -175%

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

For those that are new:

No Caption Provided

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jiggajoe14: Needs a "Did the publisher hike the price of the game before the sale started?" choice.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

So far:

• Night of the Rabbit
  • Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space
  • Metro Redux Bundle
  • Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@teddie: seen any of that so far? I know it's happened in the past.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0e8dcf3078d
deactivated-5f0e8dcf3078d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'm not the only one that thinks what they did with GTA V is gross right?

amirite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rachelepithet: You're totally ignoring how recent both of those games are. Steam has never put new games on a very high discount when they're new. Always 5-10% off. Arguments about the age of Black Mesa is a different story... it's "new" in the context of the Store.

That said, I'm pretty skewed out by the GTA thing. So they came up with a bundle deal that just HAPPENS to work out to $60 again after the discount is applied? FUCK YOU. And of course the value add to justify the price is a completely digital good, costing them nothing and giving them the thinnest justification in the world to keep the price the same. Ugh. Really bummed out by it. I can wait for the game but the principle here bothers me so much.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is the monster game working for anyone? I'm apparently level 5 from doing nothing and it seems broken, I can't buy upgrades and clicking monsters doesn't change anything.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Teddie

@mb: Yeah, there's a crowdsourced thread on reddit for it. Only 3 things on there so far though (GTAV, Xcom:Enemy Within and Warthunder).

The GTAV stuff is super gross, they removed the regular version of the game from steam entirely, so the discounted version that's full price is the game + some ingame currency (basically how they skirt any legal issues).

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF is that Steam boss fighting game thing to unlock game sales? Is this their new community-lead thing? I keep going into it confused what is even going on (and I swear my clicking does no damage)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mike

@teddie: Holy shit...yeah, I just saw that. You're right, gross is the best way to describe this kind of thing.

Otherwise, I'm hoping for a deeper discount on Elite: Dangerous than 10% at some point during the sale. Also, looks like ArmA III is on sale again, albeit at only 35% off, but none of the DLCs are on sale yet. Looking to pick up the Helicopters pack for that hot new RotorLib action. We'll see.

No Caption Provided

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

lol R* really pulled that shit didn't they? So dumb and pointless.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not particularly bothered by the GTA stuff. Why do you think you're entitled to a discount on a particular game just because the Steam sale is happening? I'm not clued in on the relationship between Steam and developers and who decides what in regards to pricing during big blowout sales like this, but if this is what Rockstar had to do in order to continue to charge 60$ for a game that was released pretty recently, then I don't see a problem with it. With the bundle options you're still getting more with your money then you were yesterday, I don't see why that's gross just because it's June 11th.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mike

@bushpusherr said:

I'm not particularly bothered by the GTA stuff. Why do you think you're entitled to a discount on a particular game just because the Steam sale is happening? I'm not clued in on the relationship between Steam and developers and who decides what in regards to pricing during big blowout sales like this, but if this is what Rockstar had to do in order to continue to charge 60$ for a game that was released pretty recently, then I don't see a problem with it. With the bundle options you're still getting more with your money then you were yesterday, I don't see why that's gross just because it's June 11th.

Publishers elect on whether to be a part of sales or not, as well as what kind of discount to apply to their games. Rockstar did this just so GTA V would show up as being on sale for 25% off, that's why it is so scummy. They didn't have to put the game on sale.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chroma Squad's down to 2.25. Daily or not I'm getting it.

Edit: must have been an error or was fixed. Thanks @MB even if my hopes and dreams are crushed.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mike

Chroma Squad's down to 2.25. Daily or not I'm getting it.

I show the soundtrack for $2.49, but the game is only 10% off at $13.49.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked up Ziggurat so far, always seemed like a good FPS roguelike but I'm sceptical of spending more than £5 on a Roguelike. £3 is a perfect price point for me.

RE: Rockstar - It's misleading but at least they didn't remove the base game and charge more than the RRP for the bundle, only then would it truly be shitty, still heaps misleading though.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Ha I wondered when Game Pubs were going to start doing this BS trickery, department store been doin this for yeeaaaars

I once saw a pack of Men's Boxer/Briefs that were going for 25% more"On Closeout" than then they were selling for at full price two weeks prior at a JC Penney Liquidation sale

I think this year I'm 100% waiting for the final day

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

25% off Darkest Dungeon just aggravates me. Hurray for more Flash Sale slots though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: @teddie: Don't forget how adding the microtransaction card makes it impossible to refund.

MrSensible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MrSensible

I didn't wait eighteen months to play GTAV just to pay full price. Rockstar thinks they can buck the industry trend and keep their franchise prices high, and maybe that's true, but I'm not biting until they give me a real discount.

Here's hoping for the Fall/Winter 2015 sales.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bushpusherr

@mb said:
@bushpusherr said:

Publishers elect on whether to be a part of sales or not, as well as what kind of discount to apply to their games. Rockstar did this just so GTA V would show up as being on sale for 25% off, that's why it is so scummy. They didn't have to put the game on sale.

In fairness, the placard on the store page says "Grand Theft Auto" not "Grand Theft Auto 5." And what is the repercussion from this, that someone sees that and has a fleeting 15 seconds of hope that they'll be able to get get GTAV at 25% off, only to be let down? I'm not ready to grab a pitchfork over that. Calling this "scummy" or "super gross" is blowing this way out of proportion in my view.

And whether or not you care for the extras in the bundles, you are still getting more for your money today then you were yesterday.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure the GTA thing is a glitch. I saw the same thing happen to Skyrim DLC before, oddly enough. It was fixed shortly after.

Edit: Well shit, I guess it's not a glitch and Rockstar really is that scummy. Fuck you, Rockstar and Take Two. If I ever buy GTA V again it's gonna be when it's $20 or less. I cannot in good conscious support this shit.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

How is the Homeworld collection these days? I remember a bunch of people complaining about banjaxed formations and pathfinding.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: looks like something changed. Both were at 85% off, so likely a misprint/error.

Hopefully, i can wait for a flash sale.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: @teddie: Ubisoft definitely does it as well. It's a really scummy practice but it's quite common sadly.

Although Take-Two/R* took it to the next level by adding complete bullshit to their GTAV copies to make the sale look even better.

As for the crummy cookie clicker game, I'm anxiously awaiting the moment someone releases an automated script for it. :V

MrSensible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MrSensible

Regardless of how you feel about whether GTAV's current Steam price is fair, it's still an incredibly disingenuous way for Rockstar to present their game in the context of a "sale".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bushpusherr: When the sale started the front page listed GTA V, then you click it and find out it's the series, and GTAV is only adding a card or another game for the same price. It's incredibly scummy and deceptive and I'm shocked Valve let that be on the Daily Deal list. Well, shocked probably isn't the word, Valve hasn't exactly been the most pro consumer thing around lately.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't bought anything yet. Don't really want anything. Definitely don't need anything. Probably gonna buy like 5 or 6 games at some point.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said it was scummy, no one is "grabbing a pitchfork." I really don't see how you can possibly defend this type of behavior. Rockstar did this to get the game on sales list but avoid giving it an actual discount, that's all there is to it. If you don't think that is gross, that's fine, but a lot of people do. I think you're going to be in the minority on this one.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Rockstar pulled this crap on PSn not too long ago too. Would've probably paid forty five for their boring ass game again too, but nope. After that, I'm not sure I really care to revisit GTA V again.

No buys for me yet today, but this monster game thing is... well, it's something? I like that they're trying new things, but I wish they'd get away from the stupid badges.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bushpusherr

@fluttercry: "Incredibly scummy and deceptive"? Really? Honestly, worst case scenario, you're confused for like half a minute and then a bit disappointed. They aren't tricking you into buying anything here. At worst, they've tricked you into clicking a thumbnail and spending a minute of your life looking over underwhelming deals.

And calling out Valve for not being "pro-consumer" in a thread dedicated to a semi-annual weeks-long sale that they have no obligation to have seems a bit silly.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It feels nice to see a Steam sale come along and think "nah Steam, I'm good."

@teddie said:

The GTAV is super gross, they removed the regular version of the game from steam entirely, so the discounted version that's full price is the game + some ingame currency (basically how they skirt any legal issues).

lol that's fucked up.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bushpusherr

@mb said:

I said it was scummy, no one is "grabbing a pitchfork." I really don't see how you can possibly defend this type of behavior. Rockstar did this to get the game on sales list but avoid giving it an actual discount, that's all there is to it. If you don't think that is gross, that's fine, but a lot of people do. I think you're going to be in the minority on this one.

I would only consider this scummy if it was some sort of mystery box where you didn't know what you were getting before you bought it, and it turned out to be shit no one would have rightly paid for if they had known.

Like, "GTA5 plus mystery bonus in game content" or something, having it turn out to be in-game currency.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluttercry: "Incredibly scummy and deceptive"? Really? Honestly, worst case scenario, you're confused for like half a minute and then a bit disappointed.

I mean, that's kind of the definition of "deceptive"...

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@fredchuckdave: Why? Is it because of the "final price will never be lower than now" statement? Genuine question since I'm considering going for that offer.

MrSensible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

I would only consider this scummy if it was some sort of mystery box where you didn't know what you were getting before you bought it, and it turned out to be shit no one would have rightly paid for if they had known.

Rockstar is clearly taking advantage of the way Steam presents sale information on the main page. Of course they'll include GTAV in a GTA Franchise sale. But they're trying to sell it at what is essentially full price (who wants to pay for fake GTA cash anyway?), while knowing that GTAV will be anyone's main reason for clicking the GTA sale link on the Steam Store front page in the first place.

How is that not scummy on their part?

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By kewlsnake

Sigh, I've been waiting six months for a sale on the Dark Souls 2 DLC. It seems like Namco completely abandoned sales on the base game + DLC in favor of Scholar of The First Sin. Zero interest in replaying the "upgraded" game and losing my character.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bushpusherr said:
@mb said:

Rockstar is clearly taking advantage of the way Steam presents sale information on the main page. Of course they'll include GTAV in a GTA Franchise sale. But they're trying to sell it at what is essentially full price (who wants to pay for fake GTA cash anyway?), while knowing that GTAV will be anyone's main reason for clicking the GTA sale link on the Steam Store front page in the first place.

Because what they are offering today is still of greater value then what was on offer yesterday. It's still a deal. Is it a completely underwhelming deal? Totally. I don't have GTAV on PC and this won't be enticing me to pick it up.

You know what was scummy? When the original version of Doom 3 was removed from the store when the remastered version came out, effectively making the new version the only one people could buy. This? Whether or not they removed the base un-bundled game from the store, you're still getting the exact same game (with extras) for the same price. The only negative action out of this was you clicked on a sale link that turned out to be unappealing.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Corvak

@wandrecanada: That can't be right. Wheres Bad Rats?

GTA V isnt a 'terrible' offer. You get more than you did before, if you like GTA Online. Theres also a Max Payne III bundle for the same price.

Just feels real dishonest to do that just to get in the 'on sale' list.

MrSensible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsensible said:
@bushpusherr said:
@mb said:

Because what they are offering today is still of greater value then what was on offer yesterday. It's still a deal. Is it a completely underwhelming deal? Totally. I don't have GTAV on PC and this won't be enticing me to pick it up.

You know what was scummy? When the original version of Doom 3 was removed from the store when the remastered version came out, effectively making the new version the only one people could buy. This? Whether or not they removed the base un-bundled game from the store, you're still getting the exact same game (with extras) for the same price. The only negative action out of this was you clicked on a sale link that turned out to be unappealing.

At least the un-bundled GTAV is back on the Steam Store for now. Also, your argument doesn't hold water because their stupid GTA Buck$$ hold no inherent value for me and likely anyone else. Can you really call these Shark Cards a "value-add" with a straight face?

They're intentionally misrepresenting their game on the front page in the hopes that someone won't be paying attention to the actual price and/or doesn't realize there's no reason to pay for in-game currency in GTAV.