Lack of HD Collection Makes Me Sad

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

In a time where current consoles are seeing so many "HD collections" being released, it saddens me that Sony has yet to release The Mark of Kri and Rise of the Kasai in the same manner. If anything, Mark of Kri and Rise of the Kasai are two fond games from my teenage years, much the same way as ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

Anyone feel the same way? Do we need to beg and plead for Sony to do these games some HD justice?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JZ

Didn't you make this thread already? Also it's not sony's fault that you are the only person to like those games ever.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

These aren't exactly games everybody knows about. There's a chance I'd cover them, which should tell you the level of obscurity we're dealing with.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Wemibelle

Every time I've ever mentioned Mark of Kri to someone, they have NO IDEA what I'm talking about. Pretty sure the number of people who would be interested in that are in the thousands. Not enough to validate an HD version.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

Totally forgot about Mark of Kri. I fucking loved that game.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I'm being somewhat redundant here, but why would Sony, or anyone else for that matter, put effort into an HD collection of games no one really gave a shit about the first time? The whole purpose is to bring back popular, beloved classics.

Those games were probably really fun, don't get me wrong, but that's like me asking a re-release of Folklore when PS4 comes out. As much as I love that game and joke about demanding a sequel, I am more than well aware no one really gives a shit about that game. Not even the people who made it.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@JZ
Didn't you make this thread already? Also it's not sony's fault that you are the only person to like those games ever.
They were really well received games, actually.
JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JZ

Folklore was pretty but fuck if I played more than a hour of that game

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hughesman

I actually loved the first game. Cool art style and great combat. It was awesome the way the concept art played in the loading screens then formed seamlessly into the game.

I think sony not putting that dude in playstation all-stars kinda shows where that character is on their priority list.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By project343

I've literally never heard of this game, and I spend way too much time looking at this industry and playing its games. Sounds like a waste of an investment, to be honest.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By brownsfantb

I feel like these games were more known because of their violence rather than actually being good.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Seriously? These games weren't well known? That is news to me overall. I remember these two games very fondly, and if I remember correctly, they were well-reviewed and had a decent commercial success. Mark of Kri must've done well if they made a sequel to it.

Nonetheless, I'm not saddened more by the fact that there are people who either don't know about these games or think they were bad.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I just got to thinking about this game today. Man, did I ever love the hell out of it, but hardly anyone remembers either game, especially not the sequel. It's a shame, too, as the radial, mutli-enemy combat they did was totally out there for the time and a lot of fun. Hell, until Rocksteady did that first Arkham game, I probably would have called Mark of Kri the best third person combat outside of a pure character action game, especially for fighting multiple dudes at once. I really need to track down a copy; I'm super interested in seeing how the game holds up.

Don't really care about an HD remake, but even a spot on PS2 Classics for PSN would be alright with me, since I don't have a backwards compatible PS3. I'd also be interested in some kind of reboot on PSN as a download only title. Keep the smallish scale, boost the art's fidelity, freshen up the combat mechanics (hopefully without changing them drastically), and put more enemies on screen.

I reckon It wouldn't cost that much relatively speaking, but I also reckon that no one would buy it, so it wouldn't get greenlit. Ever.

Bah.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I just discovered this game was not called the Mark of Kai.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I know this is a necro thread, but I cant help but say that I hated this game. I did not get the fan hype around it at the time. I found it to be mechanically dull and the story was nothing special.

It really bored me.