Very atmospheric "Christmas" trailer for The Order 1886

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

As much as I am sceptical of The Order 1886 there is no denying that it is a very beautiful looking game and very atmospheric too. This is the first trailer that has actually made me slightly more pumped instead of worried for the game. I really hope the The Order is good because it's one of the few big new games, that isn't a sequel, out next year and Ready at Dawn is a really talented studio so I wish them all the luck with their first original game that isn't a spin-off.

Are you still excited for The Order or have your expectations declined since its original reveal?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Yeah, after they started showing gameplay and whatnot, I wasn't as hyped as I was when I imagined what it would be when they first announced it, but as long as it's a decent game at the very least, I think I would give it a go.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

It looks as great as ever, but I haven't seen much of it. The gameplay they've showed gives the impression that there isn't much room for exploration, which gives me the suspicion that the graphical quality of the game was achieved by sacrificing scale and size. If it turns out that the game is 4 hours long, mostly cut-scenes and with environments that are ludicrously small, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm hoping that it won't be that - I'm hoping the game will be amazing and fantastic, but the lack of gameplay footage makes me suspicious.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Man, I can never take trailers with little kids creepily singing in the background seriously.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Looks beautiful

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just can't get exited about this game, this coming from someone who likes steam punk novels.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Press X to feel emotion

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It continues to look incredible, but hearing about how little gameplay there seems to be in any of the demos people have played, and instant fail stealth sequences sounds pretty lame.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

hmmmm okay, I still feel it's missing something. For some reason I'm getting maybe a Early John Carpenter vibe, survival and smaller cast, but then there's the whole king Arthur thing also.

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Mistzero

Eerie singing by kid is so atmospheric in 2014, not. To your question though, I'm gonna wait for the reviews before purchasing this one. I've been burned by Destiny so not gonna take anymore leaps of faith for video games especially after the year we've had of broken ones.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

This game continues to unimpress the more I've seen and read about it. Sure, it looks pretty, but when that's at the cost of seemingly everything else then what the fuck ever. The PS4's very own Heavenly Sword equivalent as I like to say.

Loading Video...

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I want this so bad. I'm totally okay with it being a cover based third person shooter/QTE fest. The story looks cool, and that's what is most important to me.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Hey, I enjoyed my time with Heavenly Sword.

I don't know, I don't need every game to redefine gaming, and some of my favourite stuff ends up being in this "good, not great" range. If this comes out and is a competent but linear Gears-a-like I'd say mission accomplished.

On the other hand, I'm not the biggest fan of this year's Shadow of Mordor, so hey, variety is needed to account for subjective taste. How about we all wait for the game to be out before we start over or underhyping, eh?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It amazes me how eager people are to dismiss this game for what seems like no reason at all.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Hey, I enjoyed my time with Heavenly Sword.

I don't know, I don't need every game to redefine gaming, and some of my favourite stuff ends up being in this "good, not great" range. If this comes out and is a competent but linear Gears-a-like I'd say mission accomplished.

On the other hand, I'm not the biggest fan of this year's Shadow of Mordor, so hey, variety is needed to account for subjective taste. How about we all wait for the game to be out before we start over or underhyping, eh?

Just because I think The Order looks mediocre as Hell doesn't mean I apparently want every game to ''redefine gaming''.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Well, that's both good to know and not at all what I said, so... yeah.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yummylee

@noelveiga: You responded to me with ''I don't need every game to redefine gaming''. That was the crux of your counterpoint to me posting about how unimpressive it looks.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: No, not really. It was the crux of me explaining what *I* like and why *I* often like games that stick to form and don't do anything mechanically impressive.

So that's me not disagreeing that it doesn't seem like The Order is going to be revolutionary beyond its looks, saying that maybe that will click with *me* so *I* will withold judgement.

Notice how none of that is about you or disagreeing with you or disproving you? Not every interaction you have with people on the Internet is an antagonistic argument.