• 57 results
#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Dates via IGN:

• Tuesday, July 2nd – PlayStation Network (North America)
  • Wednesday, July 3rd – PC/Mac (Steam, Telltale Games Store)
  • Friday, July 5th – Xbox Live (Worldwide)
  • Wednesday, July 10th – PlayStation Network (Europe)
  • Thursday, July 11th – iOS (Worldwide)

That's way earlier than I expected!

I'm excited for this, of course.

#2 Posted by Ramone (2961 posts) -

Dude!

#3 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

pretty dumb to have it release tomorrow in the states on ps3 while us europeans need to wait next WEDNESDAY ! Still hyped for it !

#4 Edited by BeachThunder (11806 posts) -

I'm not ready ;__;

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10864 posts) -

Cool! Any word on price?

#6 Edited by FourWude (2261 posts) -

@mooseymcman: 400 microsoft coins. And a piece of your corrupted soul.

#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -
#8 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

Fuck yes! I am so ready for more Walking Dead!

#9 Posted by JacDG (2119 posts) -

pretty dumb to have it release tomorrow in the states on ps3 while us europeans need to wait next WEDNESDAY ! Still hyped for it !

Yeah, what the hell...

#10 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1721 posts) -

Was not expecting this at all. But completely awesome! I could really go for more of this game.

#11 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

This may be a silly question but can I play this without owning any of the other episodes?
I've all but abandoned my xbox360 which has TWD episodes on it and it appears I would have to add 500 MSP (~$8) just so that I could get the 70 points I'd need to buy the episode... and be left over with 430 MSP that I do not intend to use.

So, yeah, I'd rather buy it on the PC or PS3 if I can play it without the base game.

#12 Posted by TheHT (11102 posts) -

i'm afraid.

#13 Posted by Milkman (16619 posts) -

Holy shit, that's tomorrow. I'M READY

#14 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

My body is ready. The first season was among the best gaming experiences I have had this generation.

#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

This may be a silly question but can I play this without owning any of the other episodes?

I've all but abandoned my xbox360 which has TWD episodes on it and it appears I would have to add 500 MSP (~$8) just so that I could get the 70 points I'd need to buy the episode... and be left over with 430 MSP that I do not intend to use.

So, yeah, I'd rather buy it on the PC or PS3 if I can play it without the base game.

The FAQ says you need to own at least episode 1 to access this DLC.

#16 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Awesome, going to get it on PC on the 3rd and get to play it over the Holiday. Pretty sweet.

Is this just a single episode? Possibly with Clementine? Do we have any details?

#17 Posted by WilliamHenry (1202 posts) -

I definitely want to play this, but with the way all the other episodes have gone on sale for practically nothing, what incentive do I have for playing it right now?

#18 Edited by Coafi (1483 posts) -

Fuck yes! More Walking Dead is all I need, I wonder if this episode will have the same dramatic tension the other ones had. I really hope the rumors of the second season coming out this year to be true.

Edit: Shit, I just realized I erased all the content I had on my 360, does this episode carry any details from the previous episodes at all?

#19 Posted by SeanCoughing (261 posts) -

@coafi: as long as you didn't for whatever reason delete your save data you should just have to re download the first episode in order to access the new episode.

#20 Posted by BeachThunder (11806 posts) -

I definitely want to play this, but with the way all the other episodes have gone on sale for practically nothing, what incentive do I have for playing it right now?

To avoid spoilers :P

#21 Posted by RecSpec (3799 posts) -

Damn, really hoping PSN updates early tomorrow, otherwise I'll probably end up playing this Wednesday.

#22 Posted by MildMolasses (3218 posts) -

It wouldn't surprise me if they throw episode 1 up for free on pc to try and get more people into it. They did that a lot around the holidays and that way you would only have to pay for the dlc. I'd wait a few days to see if they do that

#23 Edited by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

@jacdg said:

@jimmyfenix said:

Yeah, what the hell...

I'm unfortunately not surprised, as it's gotten to be a routine at this point. Every TWD episode from #2 (edit: actually, it'd might have been #3) onward would always be added in a week after on the EU-PSN store =/

#24 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
#25 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Oh man.

#26 Posted by Encephalon (1240 posts) -

Whoa. That snuck up on me. Very excited.

#27 Posted by Slag (4225 posts) -

Now already?! holy crap

#28 Posted by stryker1121 (1394 posts) -

I'll be downloading this bad boy on Wednesday...my only concern is the slightly effed save filed that I worked around to finish the first season.

#29 Posted by BeachThunder (11806 posts) -

=( Why does PSN get it first. I mean, it's even available on PSN before it's available on Telltale's own store...

#30 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

I'll probably wait until season 2 hits, I can't handle another cliffhanger ending :<

#31 Posted by WilliamHenry (1202 posts) -

@williamhenry said:

Spoilers are easy to avoid. I don't think I need to spend $5 to do that.

#32 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Well, unfortunately your season pass doesn't allow you to get this episode for free. I loved TWD, but I'm not sure if I want to pay for another episode, at least not right now. We'll see.

#33 Posted by ripelivejam (3746 posts) -

GUYS!!! don't worry!! this is gonna be the lighthearted rom-com/buddy cop/die hard episode. it's all gonna be tongue in cheek, high-octane action filled fun

and a refreshing palate cleanser from such downers as the first season of TWD and The Last of Us!!! It's...

...i'm going to be weeping uncontrollably in the next couple days aren't i? :(

#34 Posted by Hunter5024 (5601 posts) -

I like this tactic of announcing the release date the day before.

#35 Posted by golguin (3869 posts) -

I'm not ready. I just deleted all my save files to start all over again and make sure I don't get hit with the wrong choices bug. I have until Friday so that should be enough time.

#36 Posted by Wuddel (2088 posts) -

Good lord, I am in episode 2! I got this savebug which does not carry over your decision.

#37 Posted by Humanity (9025 posts) -

It's not related to the original characters so I don't care much about it. The gameplay aspect of these games isn't really all that appealing.

#38 Posted by BeachThunder (11806 posts) -

@beachthunder said:

@williamhenry said:

Spoilers are easy to avoid. I don't think I need to spend $5 to do that.

Not if certain people are assholes and place spoilers in thread titles =(

#39 Posted by Wuddel (2088 posts) -

Damn, I am in epsiode 2 thanks to the savebug

#40 Posted by ThunderSlash (1652 posts) -

@wuddel: Playing on the PC? Your game is probably saving in the wrong folder location. When I played it I had to move the save files from the My Documents folder to the Steam game installation's. The game reads from a different location than it saves. I can't believe that they haven't fixed it yet.

#41 Posted by Wuddel (2088 posts) -

@thunderslash: yes, on PC (steam version). I did not even know that this was the issue. I haven't checked in months if they have fixed it. Pretty ridiculous.

#42 Posted by Bismarck (430 posts) -

I finished season 1 few days ago, can't wait to get my hands on 400 days. The trailers showed characters from season 1, and I wonder what kind of an impact would my choices have in the DLC.

#43 Posted by Milkman (16619 posts) -

Anyone know what time (approximately) this should go up on PSN today?

#44 Posted by CallMeTetris (72 posts) -

@milkman: It's already up, I downloaded it a little while ago (waiting til tonight to play it). I dunno if it's listed in the PSN store, but you can get to it through the main menu of TWD.

#45 Edited by RazorRamen (45 posts) -

@callmetetris: It's listed in the store. Already played through it, it's pretty short and not nearly as engaging as any of the previous episodes.

#46 Edited by GeneralZod37 (260 posts) -

@humanity: The characters you play as, although however brief, are fun and got me primed and ready for season 2.

#47 Posted by Nodima (1161 posts) -

It's ok, some interesting scenarios but nothing fleshed out at all. I feel like I heard these mini-episodes would be 45 minutes to an hour but they're more like 10 minute vignettes where nothing much happens. The writing is pretty subpar and the stitching is REALLY twitchy compared to the more polished - but still rough - stitching in the game proper.

For $5 it's hard to complain, but I wouldn't say you get your money's worth, either.

#48 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I'll be downloading this bad boy on Wednesday...my only concern is the slightly effed save filed that I worked around to finish the first season.

I'm in the same boat. My save is definitely jacked up in some way :/

#49 Edited by Voxus (332 posts) -

It doesn't in anyway hit the same highs that happened in Season 1.

#50 Posted by handlas (2672 posts) -

I've downloaded and installed it twice and it shows up on my XMB no where. Anyone else having this issue?