• 185 results
marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@mariachimacabre said:

Oh, and before this inevitably devolves into console wars drivel, this is a bummer but I'm getting an Xbox One for Titanfall in March anyway so I'm not worried. And I doubt EA will keep the series exclusive going forward because why would they?

Big sellers have before. Maybe Respawn would want to stay small and focused (they are apparently a pretty small developer right now) and Microsoft would obviously help them out.

Obviously Halo and Gears, and Uncharted or whatever else, could sell a lot more going multiplatform.

The thing is, is that is 3 first party published franchises. Titanfall is not. Still willing to bet anything Titanfall ends up on the PS4 sometime in 2014. If they came out and said this game would be on PS4 down the road, there would be very little incentive to buy an xbox just for this title. Bioshock and Mass Effect were exclusives to never be seen on a SONY console once upon a time as well, and we all know how that turned out.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@mariachimacabre: I read that Respawn owns the IP rather than EA. So they're the one's keeping it exclusive, with EA having no say in it.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Obviously it's probably likely down the road to go multiplatform by no one knows. Between the TITAN ASS FOR M$$ posts and all the port begging of sorts posts it's just kind of... okay guys lets just see what happens. No one knows yet. Respawn may have the say and they may just want to stick with Xbox.

Game looks awesome though!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre: I read that Respawn owns the IP rather than EA. So they're the one's keeping it exclusive, with EA having no say in it.

As publisher, EA absolutely has a say in it. They're the ones with the money in this deal. If they say (and it's EA so they would obviously benefit from it, as any third party publisher would) "Hey Titanfall 2 should be multiplatform, here's a lot of money to make that happen." you'd better believe it would happen.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@hailinel said:

@grissefar: Yes,"I was being reductive, but I seriously don't see what's special about Titanfall. From what I've seen, it plays like an Infinity Ward shooter (no surprise there), but with mechs. If there's something special about, try informing me and point out where I'm wrong instead of mocking my personal tastes.

All the positive impressions?

It's probably not for you. But just look up any of the many glowing impressions about the game that say it's much more than just a new CoD.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am not worried about it, I am happy with what the PS4 has.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Quarters

Fine with me. Haven't been interested in the game AT ALL since it was announced. I just don't like this multiplayer only trend for shooters and such. Give me a good campaign any day of the week. Bummer for those that were hoping for this, however.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@hailinel said:

@grissefar: Yes,"I was being reductive, but I seriously don't see what's special about Titanfall. From what I've seen, it plays like an Infinity Ward shooter (no surprise there), but with mechs. If there's something special about, try informing me and point out where I'm wrong instead of mocking my personal tastes.

It's probably not for you. But just look up any of the many glowing impressions about the game that say it's much more than CoD.

Don't forget that it looks really, really fun. I lost interest in Call of Duty after MW2 but this looks like it adds quite a bit (parkour, mechs, CQC, etc.) to feel significantly different.

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and before this inevitably devolves into console wars drivel, this is a bummer but I'm getting an Xbox One for Titanfall in March anyway so I'm not worried. And I doubt EA will keep the series exclusive going forward because why would they?

I could see them doing a 3 game deal. That's a huge fucking deal if they did and I think it's likely. Microsoft have deep pockets and I think it would be a massive boon for their game portfolio. It was a pretty big deal for them at E3 so I can understand why they would want to bank roll on this.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@mariachimacabre said:

@artisanbreads said:

@hailinel said:

It's probably not for you. But just look up any of the many glowing impressions about the game that say it's much more than CoD.

Don't forget that it looks really, really fun. I lost interest in Call of Duty after MW2 but this looks like it adds quite a bit (parkour, mechs, CQC, etc.) to feel significantly different.

Same. I couldn't be less interested in CoD and the mechs aren't even the coolest looking part of this, the parkour jetpack stuff is to me. It's like Tribes for urban environments.

I also am interested to see more about how they blend world building, story, etc with multi. Plus there's even AI enemies in the match which I think is very smart (the matches feel bigger, world feels alive, and easy kills to make everyone feel good).

More than just CoD going on in this game. It's clear to see if you follow it.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

A perfectly logical business move. XBONE is where the game's main audience is accustomed to the platform anyway, and maybe Sony would rather direct it's supporters towards Killzone. I'm sure it's only a timed exclusive, and that one day it'll see a PS4 release, but whether there'll be an active multiplayer scene for a johnny-come-lately is yet to be seen. Do we have sales data on the Mass Effect games on PS3, or BioShock for that matter?

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Bummer, shame I'll never get to play this.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre said:

I could see them doing a 3 game deal. That's a huge fucking deal if they did and I think it's likely. Microsoft have deep pockets and I think it would be a massive boon for their game portfolio. It was a pretty big deal for them at E3 so I can understand why they would want to bank roll on this.

I don't know. If that's the plan, it seems like that would have been a good thing to announce sometime in the last 4 months while their PR was exploding. To temporarily take the sting off, you know. EA has never been a company to shy away from a potential money making opportunity and if they think they have the next big multiplayer shooter franchise on their hands, they'd be stupid not to put it on everything that could run it.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not terribly bothered tbh. I have a PC that will accompany my eventual purchase of a PS4, but even so I remain utterly indifferent to this game.

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By kingclaw
No Caption Provided

drainbamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Seems that most of the positive statements people have made about it after playing it have to do with the speed and traversal aspects of it, that it feels fresh and that the mech vs non-mech fights are a lot of fun to mess with because neither one is overpowered. Other than that, it has AI enemies in the multiplayer matches and they claim they're telling some kind of story in the multiplayer (no idea how that will work, but thats what they're saying). It may not be for you if you aren't a fan of CoD style shooters, to each their own ya know? But those are the reasons people are more excited about it than another call of duty as near as i can tell.

RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

It's probably not for you. But just look up any of the many glowing impressions about the game that say it's much more than just a new CoD.

It's a next step for COD but I don't think it's a massive leap in terms of game play. Mobility and mechs is what it seems to be doing differently but at its core it's still a progression shooter from the looks of things.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@kingclaw said:
No Caption Provided

And then he immediately said, in response to someone asking if they'll ever make a PS4 game, that they will, "just not the first Titanfall." so....sounds like no plans have been made past the first game, yet. Or none they're willing to talk about yet.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@roarimadinosaur said:

@artisanbreads said:

@hailinel said:

It's a next step for COD but I don't think it's a massive leap in terms of game play. Mobility and mechs is what it seems to be doing differently but at its core it's still a progression shooter from the looks of things.

Progression was never the issue. The gameplay was. I still love Battlefield.

This is layering lots of interesting gameplay over the first person shooting. Looks really fun (and from all accounts, is very fun to play).

I don't care if a game is groundbreakingly innovative. This is a FPS. It just has to be fun.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:

#shotsfired

It's a good thing I'm a PC gamer. Don't have to worry about crap like this too often.

This is what I was thinking, as well. Hell, if I could get Destiny on PC, there'd be little reason to get a new console in 2014.

The PC version hasn't been ruled out yet still so there's still a chance of that happening.

@hailinel said:

@grissefar: Dude, it's COD with mechs. If there's a magical next-generation revelation in Titanfall, I don't see it.

LOL

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

awwww nuts. ah well, im sure i'll play it on XONE or a hypothetical Titanfall 2 at some point, just later than I would like.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#73  Edited By Sergio

Microsoft must have paid a lot for this, since they would need to cover the lost potential sales on the PS4. I don't consider Titanfall a system seller for a number of reasons, but its Microsoft and EA's gamble to take.

Doesn't affect me in any way since I wasn't interested in the game. It looks nice, but I don't really care much for FPS mechanics, let alone one that only offers multiplayer.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring on the digital only era - No more big publishers screwing over developers.

RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RoarImaDinosaur

@mariachimacabre: It's still coming out on 2 other platforms which Microsoft happen to own so it will make it's money back. I think a lot of these kind of deals happen fluidly. One day it's timed and the next it's a life time exclusive. Assassins creed was once meant to be a PS3 exclusive but it wasn't. We all expected FF XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 to be exclusive. It didn't. Things change very quickly I imagine in that environment but I think Microsoft is a different beast when it comes to spending. I think the interest levels from the media has shown them that and they reacted on that quickly.

It would not surprise me if the 2nd and 3rd game are funded and published by Microsoft. It would make a lot of sense if Titanfall were to blow up. I'm curious to know what EA's stake is in all this and whether or not they plan to buy out Respawn at some stage. It sucks for PlayStation fans but I think this was always going to sell best on Xbox anyway. That's just my feelings on it.

@artisanbreads: That's nice. Everyone has their own wants and needs in a game. It just hasn't met mine yet. I'm waiting to see more.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Add aliens!

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingclaw said:
No Caption Provided

And then he immediately said, in response to someone asking if they'll ever make a PS4 game, that they will, "just not the first Titanfall." so....sounds like no plans have been made past the first game, yet. Or none they're willing to talk about yet.

Ya, sounds like Titanfall 2 will come to PS4. Whatever, it's nice to see that honesty at least. He's probably sad because it wouldn't have been that hard to scale down the PC version somewhat to make it work on the PS4, while it's gonna take a lot of work to make the crappy 720p xbox version.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Sure man sorry for mocking you. You said it yourself. It's like IW shooter 2.0, made by the original IW guys. I don't know if you know this, but an IW shooter is synonymous with a sick level of polish - it's snappy, it's 60 fps on consoles, load screens are short and respawns are instant. They don't compromise. They don't throw in fighter jets just because it sounds cool, because fighter jets don't have any meaningful place in the game. So you know that when they do put something new in such as double jumping, wall running and mechs, you know it's going to feel great and fit right into the game. And since it's an IW game, you know the shooting is great and will be accompanied by a healthy metagame that feels rewarding, but doesn't make high level players overpowered and doesn't allow people to buy their way to the top. And you know there's going to be a ton of minor innovations, such as seeing the grenade through the wall, and all of this combined makes it feel a step or two above the rest.

So I guess the special thing about it is that it's an IW shooter but to the naked eye it might look like every other game. But I'm also pretty sensitive to jank and bullshit and stuff that just doesn't "feel" right so that's why I like it, know what I mean?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre said:

@kingclaw said:
No Caption Provided

Ya, sounds like Titanfall 2 will come to PS4. Whatever, it's nice to see that honesty at least. He's probably sad because it wouldn't have been that hard to scale down the PC version somewhat to make it work on the PS4, while it's gonna take a lot of work to make the crappy 720p xbox version.

Or he's sad because he just wants to release the game to as many people as possible? Or just go with your console warz version of the story bro.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By bigjeffrey

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

They say that now but I don't believe them. Lets say the PS4 is a huge early success while the XBO struggles. They don't even think about it? Come on, it's EA

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@grissefar: Hey, it's cool. Thanks for the clarification. It does sound like more is going into it than I give it credit for. Just not the game for me.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely a significant action by MS. I'm actually surprised MS came up with enough money to do this. Not that they don't have it, but spending it is another thing.

Future versions surely will cost even more to remain exclusive. Likely the series will go to PS4 at some point, like the Mass Effect series went over. Biggest question is for how long, and when the next version comes out. Next year? Later? Will there be a Titanfall Ultimate Edition that crosses platforms (like DOA3, etc.)?

For the record, I despise purchased exclusives of all sorts. Paying to make your competitor's platform worse is selfish and doesn't help out gamers.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really like Online-Only, multiplayer exclusive games so this won't affect me. I don't really like FPSes either so I'm just going to move on with my life.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my god, this console tribalism never fucking ends.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But what about all those people who were already planning on playing the game on PS4?!

RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski: Those people will just have to go without on PS4 or play on another platform.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dont be afraid

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#93  Edited By Snail
@nictel said:

Bring on the digital only era - No more big publishers screwing over developers.

Are you saying that you think Titanfall's budget could have been Kickstarted? Or are you being sarcastic?

They need a lot of money to make a game like this. Also servers the like of which only companies like EA can provide.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@snail said:
@nictel said:

Are you saying that you think Titanfall's budget could have been Kickstarted? Or are you being sarcastic?

They need a lot of money to make a game like this. Also servers the like of which only companies like EA can provide.

Also EA's signature day-one server issues!

I kid, I kid. Sort of.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail: I thought TitanFall is using whatever server/cloud/voodoo service that Microsoft is offering for X1 games.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@andorski said:

@snail: I thought TitanFall is using whatever server/cloud/voodoo service that Microsoft is offering for X1 games.

I believe it's blood magic

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Death to next-gen consoles. That's my new position.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By marc

Not surprised but a real shame. I don't think I'll be so inclined to play its sequel without playing the first so this may never be in my hands. :/

It's an online only shooter. My guess is it will have very little story, if any