DS Virtual Console is out...in Japan

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

The first DS Virtual Console game is out in Japan which happens to be Brain Training. Still bizarre that DS games have come out before N64 games. Anyways, I'm excited for this. Hopefully some other games will be out shortly after and the availability for NA/EU.

Waaaaaah pic.twitter.com/vwrEmXBmJG

— Daan Koopman (@NintenDaan) June 4, 2014
No Caption Provided

EDIT: FOOTAGE

EDIT 2:

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Why couldn't they format the TV screen as the top screen and the pad as the bottom screen? Is there some complex technical reason, or is it that nobody really thought of the possibility?

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wrighteous86

@video_game_king: I can see that working for some games (like Brain Training above--though the time it takes to look up and down might lower your score a bit), so it probably should have been an option, but for other games where the DS functions as one larger continuous screen, that wouldn't really work.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

Whoa. Did they announce that this would be happening? I haven't heard about this.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@lordandrew: they announced DS VC during that financial thingy where they showed the concept of the NFC stuff.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By crithon

pretty neat, although first game I'd want would be Rocket Slime or Ninja Gaiden DS. Still it's nice to think of future proofing the DS library on the WiiU.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

And yet we still haven't gotten any fucking N64 or GC games. Huh.

But still, I'm rather happy about this, especially because it came waaaaaaaaay earlier than I thought it would. Now I'm just hoping that Ninty will start opening themselves up to fan-translations, or at least do some Hanabi Festival-style thing for import games. The day I can constantly spam "LIVE A LIVE IS THE BEST THING SQUARE EVER MADE AND EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES IS A FUCKING RETARD" in the messages of everyone on my friends list will be a happy day indeed

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

@steamrickroller: GameCube games will probably come around Smash Bros. time. We'll have the perfect controller for it.