#1 Edited by familyphotoshoot (651 posts) -
#2 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

The Vita is the new Monster Hunter clone machine and the Wii U currently has no games. So no, it's still too early to be really worried.

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (12976 posts) -

That's cause the Vita's fucking rad (piece of hardware without games). The 3DS is doing fine, Nintendo's not going anywhere, even if the WiiU is a disaster (which, we haven't seen yet, and I'm predicting 500,000,000 people are going to buy a WiiU for Bayonetta 2.)

#4 Posted by ProfessorEss (7123 posts) -

Anyone know how the Wii U's sales in Japan compare to the what 360's were?

That'd be a real sign of doom eh?

#5 Posted by Optix12 (576 posts) -

Saw this earlier today in my daily (and soul crushing) hope that the Vita will get some form of price cut other than Japan. Sony are really trying with this price reduction to get the vita out, they have a bundle which includes a 32gb card for $40 less than what it normally sells there. And with stellar games like this coming out for it, the sales should keep going up and up.

#6 Edited by Video_Game_King (34612 posts) -

I am disappointed that this isn't some type of "you finish the joke" thread.

#7 Edited by alternate (2655 posts) -

Japan tends to buy systems when a game comes along that they want. If it is still selling poorly when something like Zelda (not sure if this is still that popular over there) comes out then they are in trouble.

#8 Edited by awesomeusername (4057 posts) -

No. I don't care for Nintendo so there's that.

500 people are going to buy a Wii U for Bayonetta 2

Fixed. :P

Seriously though, I would prefer Vanquish 2. I never played Bayonetta so I'm being an ass obviously but eh. I hear it's poop on PS3 so I wouldn't buy it.

#9 Edited by believer258 (11044 posts) -

It's still too early to tell for both systems. Besides, the Vita apparently had a (relatively) good week and the Wii U had a pretty bad week; plus, this only counts sales for one week.

I guess now's a good time to fess up. I wouldn't mind if the Wii U tanked so badly that Nintendo had to become a software company, at least for their console games. I just can't justify buying such a badly designed console for such a small handful of games. The 3DS is a different story, I want it to stay running strong - but I want Xenoblade Chronicles and the Metroid Prime games and whatever they're going to actually do for the Wii U to come to a console that I actually care to own for more than just a tiny handful of games.

EDIT: I know the above isn't going to happen this generation - hell, it took Sega three tanked consoles to become a software company, and two handhelds if I remember right.

#10 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

The Vita has had 1½ year to build it's library. The fact that it wasn't doing better than the WiiU that had 3 months to build it's library or something is frankly quite embarassing to begin with. It also got a price drop this week.

#11 Posted by TooWalrus (12976 posts) -

@toowalrus said:

Seriously though, I would prefer Vanquish 2. I never played Bayonetta so I'm being an ass obviously but eh. I hear it's poop on PS3 so I wouldn't buy it.

I played on 360, but I hear they've patched out the major issues on the PS3 version. I've also heard that it's the greatest game ever created- the ending, especially. One of these things I heard from myself, though.

#12 Edited by Gaff (1493 posts) -

Anyone know how the Wii U's sales in Japan compare to the what 360's were?

That'd be a real sign of doom eh?

The GAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516506. This whole GAF / video game sites circle is becoming ridiculous.

(Also, for the click-averse: XBox 360 473 (down from 506 last week), Vita 11456 (up from 8044), WiiU 9633 (down from 10744).

#13 Posted by awesomeusername (4057 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@toowalrus said:

I played on 360, but I hear they've patched out the major issues on the PS3 version. I've also heard that it's the greatest game ever created- the ending, especially. One of these things I heard from myself, though.

Eh, I've never been very interested in the game anyway. I'd play it if I got it for free though. But only because you said the PS3 version got patched.