The Wrestling Discussion Thread

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

You know what sold both Cena and Bryan's promos for me? That both of them said if they weren't in the main event, they would keep on living. That's what competitors actually sound like. Cena saying "I've killed my body because I've always wanted this belt, that's what drives me" is what competitors sound like, Bryan saying "if I get fired, I'll wrestle in an empty gymnasium because that's who I am" is what competitors sound like. The typical baby face gimmick "I do this for you" only works if you're monstrously over. Cena and Creative should be aware that he's not, and shouldn't be using that gimmick. Cena should be playing up that he wants to win, not that he wants to be loved, because no one marks out for co-dependence. If all John Cena is is a warm body who does what he's told (is this the 'loyalty' part?), then he can't get over as a competitor and should never have been pushed.

This is why I think the Cena thing was great last night. So much of this feud seems to be playing on the IWC and their perceptions of Cena, McMahon and Bryan. They're playing up VKM not thinking that Bryan isn't the the right fit, preying on the fears of his biggest supporters that at any second the other shoe is going to drop and Bryan will start getting buried again. Cena is the epitome of a product of the WWE machine. The build-up is wrestling vs sports entertainment, and I think they are all doing their parts brilliantly. This is not about Cena being monstrously over, its about him being the status quo and the 'smarks' resenting him and wanting Bryan to be their saviour and bring the title back to a wrestler. I think it's awesome. The only misstep last night was letting the opening segment go too long. If it had been half as long, it would have been perfect. No barber's chair. No Barrett. Just Bryan being himself and telling McMahon to eat a dick

Of course, this doesn't matter since Stephanie is clearly playing HHH against Vince and that will probably screw Bryan in the end

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By DisposableUser

Main Event Spoilers:

1. The Shield defeated Mark Henry and The Usos.

2. Natalya defeated Aksana.

3. Curtis Axel defeated Sin Cara.

Smackdown Spoilers:

1. Randy Orton defeated Rob Van Dam in a long match after RVD missed the Five Star Frog Splash and Orton hit him with an RKO.

- AJ Lee and Big E were on MizTV. Ziggler and Kaitlyn interrupted the segment. Miz used his SummerSlam host powers to book Big E and AJ vs Ziggler and Kaitlyn for the PPV. The heels ambushed the faces, but, in the end, the faces took them out with their finishers to end the segment.

2. Fandango w/Summer Rae defeated Kofi Kingston with the top rope leg drop.

3. Daniel Bryan defeated Wade Barrett with the YES! Lock. Barrett was clean shaven.

4. Kane squashed 3MB in a three-on-one handicap match when Kane pinned Mahal. After the match, Bray Wyatt cut a promo on the titantron about the Ring of Fire match at SummerSlam.

5. Christian defeated Alberto Del Rio in a long match with the Roll-up of Doom. After the match, Del Rio attacked Christian, but he countered and left the champ lying.

- Damien Sandow came rushing out to try and cash in MitB. As the match was about to start, Cody Rhodes hit him with a move from the top rope and the match never started. Rhodes stood tall to end Smackdown.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#203  Edited By turboman
Loading Video...

quick highlights of Awesome Kong/Kharma's Youshoot interview:

• TNA is the only company that bounced a check on her
  • Dutch Mantel (Zeb Coulter) deserves all of the credit for the Knockout division when it was hot.
  • Chyna made it possible for her to go to Japan/become a star
  • She knows somebody that might know how big Batista's dick is.
  • Threw a shoe at Scott Steiner at a Waffle House
  • Really not saying anything but nice things about her time at the WWE cause she really feels that she's going to be getting her job back as long as she gets fitter
  • on DDP Yoga
  • Humata(sp?)'s a FUH-REAK
  • Most japanese female wrestlers are lesbians
  • Has shit in a bucket, stirred it with water, and propped it up against a door to spill it on a TNA jobber as a rib.
  • Dixie Carter is two-faced
  • No one knows what the hell they are doing in TNA.
xlab3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Do you guys think the Shield can beat John Cena, the Rock and Randy Orton in a tag team match?

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The crowd really was dead on this week's show, those DQs were ridiculous too. I'd probably throw shit at my TV if Bryan won and Orton cahsed in at SSlam, hoping that doesn't happen; it's a nice TV.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd probably throw shit at my TV if Bryan won and Orton cahsed in at SSlam,

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that this has to happen. I think the heat on that would be insane and I think it creates a better story for Bryan to chase the guy who stole what was his

@drx25 said:

Smackdown Spoilers:

5. Christian defeated Alberto Del Rio in a long match with the Roll-up of Doom. After the match, Del Rio attacked Christian, but he countered and left the champ lying.

I'm really confused by this. Not the match itself, but the amount of time it was given. Isn't the typical use of a preview match short and with a wacky finish?

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By DisposableUser
Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drx25: Agh, that's a shame. I noticed when he went through that ladder at MITB he basically went arm first, I was surprised to see him wrestling the next night. Hopefully this time off will give them time to reinvent his character and get him back to being great. Even if you don't like the part where Sheamus opens his mouth, you can't deny he consistently has incredibly solid matches.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drx25: Yeah, I don't like the Sheamus character one bit, but you can't deny that he's a great working big guy. And you gotta hand it to him that he tried to work through the pain on the South Africa tour.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Do you think anyone will remember this?

Nah!
Nah!

Avatar image for doesitoffendyou_yeah
DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still love Wade Barrett. I didn't realise there was a significant following that disliked Barrett, but I'm coming to terms with him jobbing if it means he's 'paying his dues' somehow. The guy, to me, is a ready-made main-eventer. Particularly for the WHC scene. It's crazy to think he was main-eventing the WWE title picture years ago with Cena and Orton.

But I'm English so I'm probably being biased.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@doesitoffendyou_yeah: I don't think it's that people don't like Barrett. It's that he's been booked as such a complete joke for months now. It seems like just a matter of time before he shows up on TNA or something.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or to be more recent, Lesnar should be talking as often as Paul Heyman is wrestling.

Jesus Christ! Why did they let him talk on Monday?

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

seeing as one of the main reasons i hate Orton (other than the obvious being over rated being boring as painting growing grass and watching the results) is them making him beat christian night after winning whc... i think im done with wrestling if he cashes in at summerslam against Bryan

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@rabid619 said:

@drx25: Agh, that's a Sheam.

Fixed

But yeah, Sheamus is a great big guy. The match he had with Luke Harper on NXT was brutally amazing. Hopefully this works out for the best and his character and he will come back retooled a little.

Or he'll just ambush someone and Bro Kick them like a dick.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By InternetDotCom

4-6 months without Sheamus the wrestler is awful and terrible and I hate it

4-6 months without Sheamus the character is fine.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor old lobster head

I'm suspecting the SHIELD give Orton the win over Bryan at Summerslam.

If I was booking it, is have Bryan win clean, have the SHIELD monster him so that Orton comes out to cash in as the corporate champ, and at the last second have Cena come back in and save Bryan from the pin (either DQ or getting him out before the case is used)

You get Bryan the champ, Orton the heel, more SHIELD badassery, and Cena would be more of a face than he has been in years. Bryan could then feud with Randy while Cena could undo all the good will be just earned by literally killing the SHIELD on Raw and dancing on their corpses.

Also I find it hilarious that my phone keeps capitalising SHIELD.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

kssht CHARLIE ECHO NOVEMBER ALPHA ... Cena.

vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ITS A SHAMEFUL THING YOU LOST YOUR HEAD

Loading Video...

Grimmy616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Grimmy616

THURSDAY IS NXT DAY. DONT STOP BO-IEVIN OH YEAH

Man if that dance contest would have happened on Raw it would have been cringeworthy with a little Lawler creepiness. On NXT it was fantastic. Crowd got way into it.

Also, Tyler Breeze. TYLER BREEZE. The man got a "That was awesome" chant from his entrance alone. Now he just has to show some more moves. And maybe get a better finisher.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Total Divas is the bomb dot com

that is all

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Weekly NXT check-in:

• Byron Saxton announcing when Tyler Breeze enters and leaves the building brings me so much joy.
  • Dean Ambrose vs. Adrian Neville was pretty disappointing and I'm not really sure why. These are definitely two awesome wrestlers but for whatever reason, they never seemed to click.
  • Enzo Amore, man...I think he called Mason Ryan a chee-choo or something. I have no idea. Half of what he said didn't even resemble something close to english but I loved all of it. SAWFT SAWFT SAWFT SAWFT
  • On the other hand, what the fuck is CJ Parker doing? Is his new gimmick "dumb asshole"? Because if so, he's really nailing it.
  • Emma and Summer Rae's dance contest was about as great as I had dreamed it would be. The only negative was Summer getting the title match just because she says so? Dumb. EMMA WON THAT DANCE CONTEST FAIR AND SQUARE!
  • Tyler Breeze has entered my heart.
  • Stop touching my Renee, Bo. No one likes you. That's not how you sing "Don't Stop Believing." What are you even doing?
  • The crowd really elevated Leo Kruger vs. Bo Dallas were their white hot, undying hatred of everything Bo does.
  • Side note: Alex Riley's commentary? loooooooooooooooooooool
lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

NXT was fantastic (as always). Emma is fantastic, the dance off was pure gold.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, NXT continues to be so much better than it has any right being.

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#227  Edited By Roomrunner
No Caption Provided

The Dazzler funding my soon to be SALT FORTUNE!

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By GunslingerPanda

After last week's shocking debut of a guy who's name I've already forgotten but remember it was vaguely Mexican, what's in store for Impact! tonight!? Has Mr. Kennedy been taking facial expression lessons? Here's hoping not!

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that I will ever feel anything with the same passion that the Full Sail crowd hates Bo Dallas.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma is the best thing ever.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't go out of my way to watch NXT too often, but holy smokes people down there are doing the lord's work. I couldn't give two shits about Tyler Breeze before, but I'm in love with him now.

Loading Video...

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:

I don't think that I will ever feel anything with the same passion that the Full Sail crowd hates Bo Dallas.

Don't give up hope, friend. One day you too can feel that same hatred

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor old lobster head

I'm suspecting the SHIELD give Orton the win over Bryan at Summerslam.

If I was booking it, is have Bryan win clean, have the SHIELD monster him so that Orton comes out to cash in as the corporate champ, and at the last second have Cena come back in and save Bryan from the pin (either DQ or getting him out before the case is used)

You get Bryan the champ, Orton the heel, more SHIELD badassery, and Cena would be more of a face than he has been in years. Bryan could then feud with Randy while Cena could undo all the good will be just earned by literally killing the SHIELD on Raw and dancing on their corpses.

Also I find it hilarious that my phone keeps capitalising SHIELD.

It's logical booking like that, that would have Vince fire your ass before you could let the ink dry in your notepad. No place for it in the modern day WWE... :(

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By turboman

There's a new 5 star match from NJPW from Meltzer. I think it's great, but probably not deserving of 5 stars

Loading Video...

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enzo Amore and Tyler Breeze are my two favorite things ever.

k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By k9

Apparently people within WWE hate Total divas show:

Source: F4Wonline.com

- Even though the WWE Total Divas reality show is scripted, word from Monday’s RAW is that Eva Maria is “passionately hated.”

It’s also noted that the only person who comes off worse than Eva Marie is Ariane, known on TV as Cameron. One WWE source said, “Cameron is an idiot, but everyone in the company already knows that so it’s nothing new.”

The one thing that was real on the show was the tears by Eva Marie when she met with Stephanie McMahon. The storyline where Eva lied about her dance background in the hopes that she’d be chosen to be Fandango’s dancer was fake but when they started putting the show together, they got word that while Stephanie was always super busy on Mondays, she would make time if they could come up with a good storyline for the show.

Eva went into Stephanie’s office with the idea that she’d done something really bad and that Stephanie was pissed at her. Stephanie was in character the whole time but Eva didn’t know that, which is why we got the real tears on television. Some WWE talents were laughing at the storyline, since it’s almost impossible to get any time with Stephanie on Monday but it was played up on Total Divas like there was no problem.

-While it's successful reality TV so far, every single solitary person within wrestling who has commented on the show to me—including, I should note, people who were involved in the production of it—hate the show passionately. The only person in WWE who has spoken out has been Dolph Ziggler. Most of the wrestlers were overseas last week so they didn't see episode one, but many of them saw episode two and thought it was awful. There is the feeling that you don't speak out about it because it's the Bellas' vehicle, and Nikki is dating Cena, and if it gets back to Cena that's the end of your push. Dolph either didn't get the memo or didn't care.

Is the show deemed as exposing the business too much? I personally see the show as 70% scripted, like all other reality shows. I doubt the relationship between Cena and one of the Bella twins is even real. If anything the show is developing characters of all the female wrestlers involved, not tarnishing the prestigious name of WWE.

Oh, and look what I found on youtube. A playlist of the entire invasion storyline.

Avatar image for doesitoffendyou_yeah
DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enzo Amore and Tyler Breeze are my two favorite things ever.

I agree.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, the "Ring of Fire" match will not be like an Inferno match, where you have to set your opponent on fire. It will just be a match that happens to be happening white the ring is on fire.

Good luck, referee.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

So, the "Ring of Fire" match will not be like an Inferno match, where you have to set your opponent on fire. It will just be a match that happens to be happening white the ring is on fire.

Good luck, referee.

I was shocked to discover that there had been more than one of those matches before. I remember the first inferno match and it was terrible. I would have never expected them to go back to that well

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone know how we can adapt salty bet into wrestling?

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

You have no idea how long I've been pondering that this weekend. I think Bazza might of mentioned something about incorporating Salty Bets into VGCW.

The old system for the LoC title was sort of close. If we could somehow do it live in the chat for events instead of predicting the whole card before hand, I think you could mimic the Salty Bets format pretty close.

I still have the Fantasy Championship belts I made a while back waiting to be used for any occasion.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

I guess you could do the same thing they are doing for the Mugen fights: allow bets to be placed then calculate the odds according to the amount of money bet on each competitor when the match begins. Multi-man matches might muddle the process a bit, but I think it would still translate fairly well. The only problem is, obviously, wrestling matches are fixed and the results could possibly be leaked ahead of time, taking all of the fun out of betting.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k9 said:

Apparently people within WWE hate Total divas show:

Source: F4Wonline.com

- Even though the WWE Total Divas reality show is scripted, word from Monday’s RAW is that Eva Maria is “passionately hated.”

It’s also noted that the only person who comes off worse than Eva Marie is Ariane, known on TV as Cameron. One WWE source said, “Cameron is an idiot, but everyone in the company already knows that so it’s nothing new.”

The one thing that was real on the show was the tears by Eva Marie when she met with Stephanie McMahon. The storyline where Eva lied about her dance background in the hopes that she’d be chosen to be Fandango’s dancer was fake but when they started putting the show together, they got word that while Stephanie was always super busy on Mondays, she would make time if they could come up with a good storyline for the show.

Eva went into Stephanie’s office with the idea that she’d done something really bad and that Stephanie was pissed at her. Stephanie was in character the whole time but Eva didn’t know that, which is why we got the real tears on television. Some WWE talents were laughing at the storyline, since it’s almost impossible to get any time with Stephanie on Monday but it was played up on Total Divas like there was no problem.

-While it's successful reality TV so far, every single solitary person within wrestling who has commented on the show to me—including, I should note, people who were involved in the production of it—hate the show passionately. The only person in WWE who has spoken out has been Dolph Ziggler. Most of the wrestlers were overseas last week so they didn't see episode one, but many of them saw episode two and thought it was awful. There is the feeling that you don't speak out about it because it's the Bellas' vehicle, and Nikki is dating Cena, and if it gets back to Cena that's the end of your push. Dolph either didn't get the memo or didn't care.

Is the show deemed as exposing the business too much? I personally see the show as 70% scripted, like all other reality shows. I doubt the relationship between Cena and one of the Bella twins is even real. If anything the show is developing characters of all the female wrestlers involved, not tarnishing the prestigious name of WWE.

Oh, and look what I found on youtube. A playlist of the entire invasion storyline.

The Cena/Bella relationship is totally real. It might be exaggerated for the show, but they are actually dating. They didn't make that up just for some reality show. If it was actually fake, they would have incorporated it into WWE storylines by now.

How could a WWE produced show expose the business too much? They have control over what gets in the show and what doesn't. If anything, I'd imagine the wrestlers hate it because they think it is god awful and incredibly fake, not because it over exposes anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@turboman: Tyler Breeze! It's Shawn's booking with Rick Martel's gimmick!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers