Xbox One Preordered!

• 70 results
vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I finally took the plunge. After months of indecision and focusing on the PS4, this weekend I placed an order for the Xbox One, Day One Edition with FIFA14. FIFA 14 being the pushing decision and game.

I am currently a PS3 owner with PSN+, and a stack of PS titles. I committed this generation to Sony and feel like I have enjoyed what there was to offer. From Uncharted to Heavy Rain, the games have been great. The problem is that every year we (my brother and I) buy FIFA. Up till the launch of FIFA14 we were contempt with waiting till the next gen and had PS4 at the top of the list.

With the lack of launch games on either console we started to look at the games that we play consistently and realised that the Xbox One was the better console for us. All of my friends who are getting a new console are getting Xbox One's, they will all have FIFA14. Titanfall is the only next gen game which has my attention, and most third party games though heavily being pushed on PS4 are also coming to the Xbox One.

Yes the console is more expensive, Yes it may be a little less powerful but over the first year of the consoles life I am starting to see how, games wise, it has a little something on the PS4. Do not get me wrong I am going to miss PSN+; It has opened me to so many games that I normally would missed, but I cannot see Microsoft abandoning Xbox Live for entertainment purposes only. People forget the on the PS3 the only real indie game that held its own was Journey and that was about it.

So there we have it, I am looking forward to getting my hands on next gen consoles, and maybe next year if there is a PS4 title that intrigues me I may save up and get a PS4, but for time being with both consoles being so equal, it has come down to what games I am going to be playing over the next 6 months and the people I will be playing them with. And yes Watchdogs being delayed has played a massive part in my decision.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Syed117

You will get a lot of hate for this.

Get ready.

I'm on your side. Getting both at launch but year one seems much more exciting for xbox one.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
No Caption Provided

Welcome to this side. Here's some cake, and enjoy the show. :)

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have fun w/ you're low amount of p im gettin the ps4 home of the p.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: @syed117: Cheers guys looking forward to the Xbox ecosystem.

Enjoy counting your P's, we will probably be playing the same games just in different places.

Avatar image for perniciousdistortion
perniciousdistortion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly i had both pre-ordered and i had to cancel one of them due purely to financial reasons and im actually really happy to have games delayed, again for money purpose, its sucks that i have to give up on owning an XBO but ill have by titan launch. Sometimes being a parent sucks in reference to my hobbies lol anyway i cant wait to play both systems.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop taking all the p

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WickedFather

XBone is 720p? That's £7.20 - still too expensive.

P-P-pp-pwwwwned!!!!

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ok

The home of p is a place where you never want to go but if we're talking resolutions here then the only thing that should be coming out of people's mouth is PC otherwise keep it shut.

1080p? I'm about to step into 1440p, motherfuckers.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im honestly amazed that watchdogs was such a big factor to everyones decision on the PS4, did I miss something about it running garbage on the Xbox one or something?

That said Good on you for finding a day one edition pre order at this time of year, im sure it wasn't easy (alot of the places I look tend to not have any)

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I still don't understand the whole resolution controversy with the Xbox, will it not be able to do 1080p at all? Or is it only the launch games being 720p upscaled?

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ok

@chrissedoff said:

The home of p is a place where you never want to go but if we're talking resolutions here then the only thing that should be coming out of people's mouth is PC otherwise keep it shut.

Pshhh, I can beat that on the Wii U. 1080p native, plus I got four hundred and eighty p's right in my hand.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By colourful_hippie

@bestusernameever: It can render games at 1080p but a lot of games are getting scaled back because the performance isn't acceptable at that resolution hence the scaling down to 720.

@matti00 said:

@colourful_hippie said:

Ok

@chrissedoff said:

Pshhh, I can beat that on the Wii U. 1080p native, plus I got four hundred and eighty p's right in my hand.

PC multi-monitor says shut up.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Syed117

@bestusernameever said:

I still understand the whole resolution controversy with the Xbox, will it not be able to do 1080p at all? Or is it only the launch games being 720p upscaled?

Of course it can. Forza runs at 1080/60. Each game is different.

A lot of it has to do with the developer. BF4 is running at 720 and so is ghosts. Ghosts looks like garbage compared to BF4. That's one example. You're telling me a game that looks like ghosts can't even be bumped up to 900 on the xbox one? I don't buy that at all. I would bet that the next COD or maybe the one after will run higher than 720 on xbox one. Again, it depends on the developer.

This is launch and it's a time when developers haven't had much time to get games ready for new machines. It happens every time.

With time developers will make these machines do more and their games will perform better than what we are seeing at launch. At some point it's not just about resolution. You are trading some level of performance to get that magical 1080 that everyone thinks should be some kind of standard. BF4 isn't running at 1080 on PS4. It's being scaled there as well. You have a choice with fixed hardware. It's not apparent right now, but it will be over time. When developers know this hardware better, they can either try to maintain 1080 or choose to drop lower and use better textures, more effects, and anything to do more than just using a bigger frame. It's a trade off for hardware that isn't a pc with sliders and options to tweak performance based on individual systems.

PC players do it all the time. What is the better option? Having a lower resolution and increasing texture quality, effects and the overall look of the game? Or lowering all those things and bumping the resolution? I don't know anyone who would take resolution over those other things. Going forward you will see a lot of games on BOTH machines going below 1080 and scaling because if gives the developers more power in other areas. Just look at Ryse. That game is arguably the best looking launch game for either console. The character models, environments, textures and effects look amazing. It's only running at 900, but it still looks incredible. It may very well be the technical showcase for launch.

The PS4 is probably the more powerful console, but the gap for multiplatform games is only going to get smaller from here. This has always been when the difference is most obvious.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perniciousdistortion said:

honestly i had both pre-ordered and i had to cancel one of them due purely to financial reasons and im actually really happy to have games delayed, again for money purpose, its sucks that i have to give up on owning an XBO but ill have by titan launch. Sometimes being a parent sucks in reference to my hobbies lol anyway i cant wait to play both systems.

Man when I have kids (im in my mid to late 20's so it could be soon) I will make the same sacrifices.

@optix12 said:

Im honestly amazed that watchdogs was such a big factor to everyones decision on the PS4, did I miss something about it running garbage on the Xbox one or something?

That said Good on you for finding a day one edition pre order at this time of year, im sure it wasn't easy (alot of the places I look tend to not have any)

Yeah, I asked myself the same question... Maybe there is some extra content for PS4? Also yeah pretty lucky that I work for the largest supermarket chain in the UK's head office and my contact in the games department gave me a heads up that a couple had come in stock. Certain games will run better on certain consoles and the pc, but I agree if it doesnt run like shit I dont really care as long as I can play it.

@bestusernameever: It can render games at 1080p but a lot of games are getting scaled back because the performance isn't acceptable at that resolution hence the scaling down to 720.

@matti00 said:

@colourful_hippie said:

Ok

@chrissedoff said:

PC multimonitor says shut up.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By spraynardtatum

It's your funeral.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good for you! I am looking forward to joining you whenever that one exclusive land that I just HAVE to play, that and when they ditch Kinect pack-in. It was Lost Odyssey last time. I will probably get ps4 when FFXV land too.

masterrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I feel like Xbone is gonna do great in the UK. There are SO many COD: Ghost adverts on TV atm that end with 'maps and more exclusive to Xbox One'. All the people I know are getting Xbone because they had 360s. Also it comes out a week earlier than PS4 in europe, with FIFA and COD already out... Just seems like a perfect storm.

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man, fanboys. I can't wait for both consoles to out.

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Journey isn't an indie title. It's published by Sony. It was contracted to That Game Company under there 3 game deal. Apparently they made 4 games for shits and giggles. I just need to correct people on this because the terminology is being abused.

oh and congratulations on the day 1 edition! I thought those had sold out a while ago. I think they were giving away Fifa 14 with those in tier 1 European countries. Consider yourself lucky.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is Fifa 14 a system seller these days nice to know that

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bigjeffrey

The Only P(s) i care about is Dead Rising 3 PP

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok

@chrissedoff said:

1440p? that's impossible there's not enough p in the world 4 that much NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie said:

Ok

@chrissedoff said:

1440p? that's impossible there's not enough p in the world 4 that much NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo

That's why you gotta step your game up
That's why you gotta step your game up

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rangers517

I'll take the more powerful console that also has the games, thank you. http://i.imgur.com/KVX6jb4.jpg (and this is without sony's biggest 1st party studios having announced their games yet)

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By afabs515

You act as though Resolution Gate didn't change anything. But it did. It changed everything. EVERYTHING!

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good for you duder.

I'm not getting either at this stage, but both systems have pros and cons and will be totally comparable in the end.

The constant Sony fanboyism online has been kind of amusing, actually, as there really doesn't appear to be all that much differentiating them.

Go go gadget marketing I guess? Microsoft certainly didn't shine with their PR, but I wonder how much that will matter.

MisterBigMack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MisterBigMack

Was in a similar position as the TC, have had a 360 since launch of nov 2005 and have loved it, had a ps3 for a couple of years in the middle of the cycle for the uncharted 2, killzone 2 and heavy rain and to be honest, loved all these games but had the console for about 2 years and sold it after that, bought a blu ray player and kept my 360 all the way through, and still have it today....it does say a lot that I think, not to say the ps3 is a poor system I just think when you add a mixture of, the exclusives, the 360 got a year head start, majority of friends had 360s too.

And we come onto the xbox one, I considered switching, the price was a big and probably the main thing, it was 8 years ago I bought the 360 and I was 18 with a lot more money then, now 26 I have rent, newborn baby, life etc so to shell out £425 for a console is a hella steep, but I just hope to god Microsoft proves all the people who are doubting the console due to the added kinect and larger price etc

I think they probably know what they are doing, with the last gen people might say the 360 won but I don't think you could say the ps3 lost, the same way I think (and hope) it works out a similar way this time around.

Anyways, hope I made the right choice, Microsoft haven't let me down yet with the xbox 1 and 360 so we will see....

People need to play these consoles as well I feel before they slate them for what it hasn't got or has got, there has been way too much of that I feel...

Opinions?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By FluxWaveZ

People need to play these consoles as well I feel before they slate them for what it hasn't got or has got, there has been way too much of that I feel...

The PS4 doesn't have Titanfall; the Xbox One doesn't have Guilty Gear Xrd.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterbigmack: I do agree with you a bit, I think. Microsoft hiring Steam's main guy, Jason Holtman, gives a bit of foresight that they're looking at just the right way to do Steam-style sales. So I think its gonna be pretty comfortable this time around.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ordered this the other day. Should I have made a thread?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

I ordered this the other day. Should I have made a thread?

Dude. Look at this thing I got. I should probably let everyone else know, too.

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relevant -

Loading Video...
furiousjodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm in the X-Box camp as well - it has launch games I care about (Forza and Dead Rising mainly) and the media stuff looks really awesome to me. I really think the OS and services side of things far outweigh what the PS4 is offering for me personally. I really liked Kinect on the 360 and so does my wife - I'll probably end up getting a PS4 whenever Naughty Dog comes out with something but right now there isn't anything grabbing me in that direction.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relevant -

Loading Video...

For some reason this gives off some serious Katamari vibes. I love it.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre: Ha, I know right? It's cute, its dumb and its funny. I don't even know what anime it is but I weirdly want to check out more.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Oh wow. You're buying a console. Cool. I guess.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivek:

I told you the hate was incoming. Don't worry about it though. A lot of people are just assholes. For some reason they usually want to tell you how awesome Playstation is.

You're getting an xbox one so you posted on the xbox one forum to hopefully interact with other people getting the same console. Not sure why half the responses are calling out the guy for making the thread and the other half Sony fans being Sony fans.

What Jim Sterling said years ago still holds up to this day. Sony fans are the worst. I'll take the dude bros and 12 year olds any day over these pieces of shit.

Anyway, just a few more weeks. A lot of us are very excited. Don't let these other animals get to you.

jasbir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats I also pre ordered the xbox one back in july I ordered the day one edition with fifa14, ryse and dead rising 3.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivek said:

People forget the on the PS3 the only real indie game that held its own was Journey and that was about it.

As a 360 owner who missed out on a ton of great PS3 titles--indie and otherwise--this made me laugh.

Then again, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, and I would imagine that's true for the both of us. I never bought a PS3 because of the lack of party chat, so I would imagine it will be one of the things you will enjoy most about the Xbox One.

Personally, I was massively disappointed in Microsoft's retail exclusives during this past generation, so I'm mostly looking forward to Sony's efforts in that area.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By l4wd0g

Awesome duder! I really hope you enjoy it. I was torn between the two myself. I eventually decided to go with my friends to the PS4. I have to say, the day one Xbox One exclusives look fantastic.

SongWriter1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Good for you man, always go with what you think will work better for you, not for what everyone else tells you to buy. I'm going for a PS4 at launch mostly due to the PS plus instant game collection and vita off screen play. Not a system seller to everyone im sure but works for me, im sure you will enjoy the Xbox one and have a lot of happy hours of gaming to come.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EXTomar

I finally took the plunge. After months of indecision and focusing on the perfecting Windrunner, this weekend I placed an order for the Dota 2 Hero Roster Poster 2013 Poster. Windrunner being the pushing decision and game.

I am currently a 360 owner with XBox Live, and a stack of titles. I committed this generation to Microsoft and feel like I have enjoyed what there was to offer. From Fable 2 to Halo 3, the games have been great. The problem is that every year we (my brother and I) buy indie games. Up till the launch of Minecraft we were content with waiting till the next gen and had 360 at the top of the list.

With the lack of launch games on either console we started to look at the games that we play consistently and realised that the PC was the better system for us. All of my friends who are getting a new console are already on Steam. Titanfall is the only next gen game which has my attention, and most third party games though heavily being pushed on consoles are also coming to the PC.

Yes the PC is more expensive. Those consoles may be a little less powerful and over the first year of the consoles life I am starting to see how, games wise, it has a little to nothing compared to the PC. I am really not going to miss XBox Live since it didn't do much; It blocked me more than helped me playing so many games that I normally would enjoy, but I cannot see how to justify staying with Sony or Microsoft just for PSN+ and Xbox Live for entertainment purposes only. People forget the on the PC has far more indie titles than all consoles combined.

So there we have it, I am looking forward to getting my hands on next gen consoles maybe next year but for time being with both consoles are releasing so little in the future, it has come down to what games I am going to be playing over the next 6 months and the people I will be playing them with. And yes Watchdogs being delayed has played a massive part in my decision.

ps. In case people missed the humor and point, what is the actual discussion?

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre: Ha, I know right? It's cute, its dumb and its funny. I don't even know what anime it is but I weirdly want to check out more.

It's called Azumanga Dioh. Brilliant anime, I highly recommend you check it out.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I don't care much for FIFA, but when did it become exclusive to Xbox One, since that's the reason the OP is giving for buying an Xbox One. It'd make more sense if there were actual exclusives on the system he was interested in for his reasoning.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Wouldn't a PS4 and a copy of Fifa still be cheaper than the Xb1 and the free copy?

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@theking said:

Wouldn't a PS4 and a copy of Fifa still be cheaper than the Xb1 and the free copy?

It is. I think it's a psychological thing where people think they're actually getting a deal because the word "free" is involved.