Do we think theres any chance of getting the X this year?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I really want the Series X, as the value proposition for Game Pass is too fucking awesome.

However, it's sold out ABSOLUTELY everywhere, and looks like it will be for ages.

Do we think there's any chance I'll get one this year?

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By frytup

I dunno, how are you going about looking for one and how much are you willing to pay? Will it be possible to just click a button on Amazon or walk into a store and pick a Series X off the shelves at retail price within the next 12 months? Probably not, but somewhat impossible to say with any certainty. I don't see the chip shortage going away that quickly.

That said, it's not like this is totally out of your control. If you have the time and patience to watch stock trackers and/or you're willing to pay a scalper, you can get one.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubt it. Unless you're checking websites every waking second of the day, I don't see these things getting any easier to find. I would say I'd except a production ramp up near the holidays, but I also expect more demand around the holidays, and more bots buying them up for scalpers to flip on holiday buyers.

BoyNukem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got one from Amazon in June on a whim. I was just browsing, saw they were in stock and grabbed one. This is in the UK mind you, where there's less demand. Series S' seem to be freely available in shops here.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ThePanzini

If you really want one then you shouldn't have an issue getting one, you just got to do a little chasing.

Most if not all the retailers in the UK will tweet out when their expecting to get new stock in before they go live, after looking for 5min I found Argos has them in stock atm.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I weirdly had an easy effortless time getting a PS5 from GameStop, but that was definitely not the case with the Series X and I decided at the time that because I had the money, that I would pay scalper prices.

That turned out to be a good decision (for me, maybe not for others) because the series X is THE console I prefer by quite a bit.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By liquiddragon

I joined https://discord.gg/Jx7cShyU (Refresh - In Stock Alerts) and https://discord.gg/KUpFQ3Dv (pcbuildhelper.com) on discord, set notifications for the series x pages and was able to get the Series X pretty easily at Best Buy in March. Good luck!

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Also got one from best buy about a month ago. Missed out on a couple drops, but got one without too much effort.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

If you look through my post history, I said I wouldn't be getting a Series X. Why would I? I've got a pretty good gaming PC. Rather put my money towards it!

But I did want a PS5. Over several months, I continuously checked different places and tried and failed constantly to get one. I checked Wal-Mart for an Xbox Series X out of curiosity one day, just to see if they had one. They did, I tried to get it, and I got it. It was through their All Access thing, so you might want to try researching that.

So yay. I got a Series X when I didn't mean to. I have used it for messing with stuff on Game Pass quite a bit so it's not totally useless! Part of the reason I kept the order, frankly, was simply to ensure that I'll be able to continue playing new games. Graphics cards have been impossible to purchase at reasonable prices for over a year now. My 1070ti is chugging along nicely, but my brother played the Halo Infinite beta with his 1070 and had to turn resolution scaling down to 1080p and all the settings to medium to hang between 50-60FPS. That's OK with me, but if Avowed and Outer Worlds 2 and other such games require more to run, I might wind up needing to get them on the Series X instead. So that's nice.

EDIT: And, for the record, I'm not following someone's Twitter to fight a bunch of assholes for a console. I'll just check occasionally and when one is available I'll buy it. If no PS5 shows up for two years, I guess I'm waiting two years. I don't want to be part of a rat race for a fucking games console.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Efesell

If you put in the effort you'll get one. It just involves obnoxious things like tracking telegram channels and being ready to spam click add to cart buttons on various stores. It is annoying but it will get you one eventually, it's how I managed to get my PS5.

I don't think you'll be able to just walk into a store and pick one up this year but if you want one it's not THAT hard to accomplish.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I cant help but feel it'll take until 2023 for me to get my hands on these things. They're still selling out as fast now as they did a year ago so for the average consumer who needs it to be in stock on an afternoon off while getting groceries I just dont think thats going to happen when you cant even get one online without spending an inordinate amount of time 'plugged' in to every social media platform there is.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you happen to be in the Xbox preview program thing, sign up for the raffle they do there. It’s not guaranteed and it might take a while, but I got mine after like three months wait and didn’t have to stress out refreshing Bestbuy.com at all.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I guess it may come by this fall of 2021.

Eroq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was able to get one pretty easily through the all access thing, which I would recommend as long as you don't mind paying up front for two years of game pass ultimate.

gomezar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: there’s stock right now on Walmart’s website if you don’t mind the all access $35 a month thing.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I was hoping to get a next gen console by this Christmas but I think that may end up not happening. If so it'll be weird to go this long into a gen not having a current thing...I got a PS4 about a year after the gen started. I guess it's convenient that the current gen for games is kind of only kicking into gear in 2022. Hopefully by then they'll be a little more plentiful.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#17 FinalDasa  Moderator

They seem to pop up occasionally and I've heard of some stores having them in stock, but it all seems luck of the draw.

chiefbeef123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look up NowInStock alerts for the Series X. They have a telegram channel that sends out a message whenever it's back in stock.

tacobelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're an absolute chore to get but it's do-able. I followed some store trackers and was able to get a Series X back in May from Target. Not sure if you use Twitter, but I followed some restock trackers there and turned on notifications for their posts.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just bought one off ebay. It's not exactly ethical, but I don't wanna wait till Xmas 2022

woodek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got mine through target. They had one in store in stock one morning when I checked on a whim so I purchased it. I've also gotten two ps5s (one for a friend first then one for me later when I had money) through walmart's drops. The first ps5 was in december last year, the series x was in january, the ps5 in february.

mackdack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: I have a good PC with a 2070 Super and I still got a Series X. I use the X as a gamepass machine and even though I can have my PC on my TV I use that mostly for higher end titles and multiplayer games with friends.

I made my purchase work for me just like you did. As a gamepass machine it will pay for itself over time. I love to play a lot of games so in that way it was a decent buy for me.

Plus it was the new shiny, lol.