Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

I havn't finished Forza 2 should I get 3

tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

Edited By tofford

I have been looking at the footage of Forza 3 and really like the look of the game. I have Forza 2 on my shelf and have played quite a lot of it but I am still no where near completion. The question is should I buy Forza 3 and play that or is it a waste of money when Forza 2 is there to be played.

tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#1  Edited By tofford

I have been looking at the footage of Forza 3 and really like the look of the game. I have Forza 2 on my shelf and have played quite a lot of it but I am still no where near completion. The question is should I buy Forza 3 and play that or is it a waste of money when Forza 2 is there to be played.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kohe321

Definitely! It's not like you're missing some key story elements.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By crunchUK

I've played LOADS of forza 2 (about 40 hours DRIVEN alone_ and still havent finished it. It's a big game.

EnglishDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EnglishDeath

Simple answer. Yes. 

Forza 3 is faster, better looking, easier (depening on what you want). Has some great new features like rewind and better graphic design package. And whatever you design you can sell for in game credits.  

And then there are the achievements. They come thick and fast (see my review).

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

Might be better to finish F2 and then F3. By that time F3 should be a little cheaper. Of course, that would depend on how fast you finish F2.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By grilledcheez

I finished Forza 2 pretty fast myself, but I think you should definitely get the new one...it's a big step up and you'll feel weird playing Forza 2 when you know you could be playing 3.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iam3green
    @crunchUK said:
    " I've played LOADS of forza 2 (about 40 hours DRIVEN alone_ and still havent finished it. It's a big game. "
    yes, i know what u mean. it took me about 2 to 3 months to beat the game. i got the gold medals in arcade and got all gold in the career racing event. i also spend a lot of my money to get  a lot of the cars to get the achievements. 

i would say maybe it depends on if u really like the forza game. there really isn't anything to it besides racing so maybe.
    Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Teirdome

I'm not going to wait to finish Forza 2 personally, nor will I ever beat it.  I am so tired of messing up that one turn and putting the car into a wall after 10 minutes of racing or messing up a turn and getting passed on the really hard races.  The rewind feature may make the game a bit easier, but I'm looking forward to it immensely.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By FlipperDesert

Yes, you should get Forza 3.

Twice. It's just that good.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By TheHBK

Forza 3 is the way to go.  Oh and by the way, you probably wont finish Forza 3, not with all the stuff there is to do and play around with.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By PercyChuggs

No! There's a HUGE spoiler at the end of Forza 2 that, if you don't see, you really can't appreciated Forza 3's story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.