Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 4

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 11, 2011

The fourth installment of Turn 10's Motorsport racing franchise, released in Fall 2011. It features 16 player online races, dynamic race conditions, cars from over 80 manufacturers, and compatibility with Kinect, both on and off the racetrack.

Two Questions; Favorite Car and Preferred Drivetrain

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JasonR86

Favorite Car:

2010 Ferrari 458 Italia

I fucking love this car. I've got it up to an R3 and it is the most balanced car I have. It is amazingly fast, has great acceleration, and I can really make any turn especially with traction and stability control off (without them I can really wipe the car's ass around corners).

Favorite Drivetrain:

2WD/RWD

I used to really like AWD in Forza 3. But, with 4 and with the driving assists off this game really allows for well done controlled drifts. I find trying to drift around corners in AWD cars next to impossible. But, with 2WD, I can really carry a lot of speed around corners.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

drifting a AWD is pretty easy and you can have much more aggressive angles, slide in early and just gun it out of it. I like drifting RWD cause AWD is easy and not the same.

Alex_Carrillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Alex_Carrillo

@DuhQbnSiLo: Well, yes and no. You can't hold a slide as well or as long with AWD.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#4  Edited By isomeri

Favorite Car:

Ferrari 599 GTO

This is an incredibly fast car, even by Ferrari standards. I used to be a big fan of the 458 in Forza 3, but have begun to fall in love more and more with it's slightly deranged cousin. With all the assists turned off the car is incredibly slippy, especially when you a add a few more horses to the 661 that come standard with the car. I find myself going lap after lap in constant powerslides, and every second I lose going around corners like a mad wolf I gain back on the straits thanks to that humongous engine.

Favorite Drivetrain:

RWD

It's not so much that I like RWD, but that I hate FWD and AWD. The terrible understeer I get in most FWD and AWD cars drives me mad. I just find it much easier to make fine adjustments to my driving line by feathering the throttle in a RWD car.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

I'd say my favorite car is the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA because it's fun to drive, gorgeous to look at and it's an Alfa.

And RWD.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By mfpantst

all you rear drive assholes.  I'm gaining a deep appreciation for AWD in this game. 

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7  Edited By JasonR86

@mfpantst said:

all you rear drive assholes. I'm gaining a deep appreciation for AWD in this game.

There's too much understeer. With traction and stability control off and with some control RWD cars can really whip around corners. I can't get AWD cars to do that consistently.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mfpantst
    @JasonR86: See I have the opposite impressions.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong (or right) but however I'm tuning my AWD cars leaves a pretty neutral turning feel, so I don't get all that much understeer.  Also I like (and this is going to my driving lack of prowess) how in a properly tuned AWD car, you can save yourself from a corner you entered too fast with a properly time burst of gas.  I just get way too much oversteer for the speed and weight trade-off in RWD cars.  Not that I don't like them, but I find myself consistently having to reduce the potential to go fast in my RWD cars just to get good cornering grip.
    slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By slowbird

@JasonR86: @mfpantst: there are many different factors at play here. Weight balance, tire width, shocks, anti-roll bars, differential settings, etc. With enough tuning, you can make an AWD car pretty neutral, and the same with RWD cars for the most part. I would say, though, that some cars start off too unbalanced to completely fix them within 4za's tuning parameters. If 4za would let me add ballast to certain cars to fix the weight balance, I'd be so happy.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By xMP44x

Favorite Car

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R. It's not a great car, and it's not my car, but it is in my club garage so I use it when I'm driving B-Class. Despite the fact it's not absurdly fast, it can handle incredibly well and also works for drifting. The engine noise is beautiful as well, as you'd expect from any and all rotary engine cars from Mazda. It looks even better than the FD, which I think is one of the prettiest Mazda cars I know.

I'm not fussy about my drivetrain, as long as the car turns and doesn't roll in doing so.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlexW00d

I know this is meant for Forza 4, but I don't have it so I will talk in terms of GT5. I think I only ever use FF ans FR/MR with that, so I can't really talk about 4WD except for rallying, but my two most driven cars are my Civic type R I tuned the shit out of, and my Nissan GTR I turned the shit out of. Both of which incredibly fun to drive, as they handle well and have some/a lot of oomph.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mfpantst
    @AlexW00d: Well I will say this, somehow the GT series (I haven't played 5 but have all the others) seemed to have a bias towards 50/50 weighted cars.  Predominantly that came across as a bias towards MR cars for me, and I don't know if that's just my ass talking or not, but in Forza 4 I don't feel that same mysticness from MR cars that I did back in GT.
    gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gatehouse

Favourite Car:

Lancia 037. Gorgeous to look at in the menus (especially with a Martini paint job) and just handles like a dream. Zero understeer and the supercharger gives it enough torque to zoom along nicely. Lovely jubbly.

Format:

Got to go MR. I love FR, but the added twitchiness of MR helps the way I play, I need stuff to handle like a go-kart.

bobeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bobeth

Ford GT. Looks incredible, very stable..

MR

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ben_H

Ferrari F40. Has been since the original Forza Motorsport.  The NSX is a close second.

Either AWD or MR are my favourites, with a slight leaning toward MR. I hate RW.   I am indifferent about FF.  I play with no assists on, as I always have.

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By wealllikepie

favorite car: the koenigsegg agera r (because it can reach the speed of OVER 9000) and AWD i suppose

Beast
    Beast
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#17  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Favorite Car:

Tough call. I love the Infiniti G37 because it's my dream car in real life and it's fun to drive in the game too. But it's a pretty close call, with the 2002 Skyline coming in at a very close second. That car isn't the fastest, but I love the way it takes corners and accelerates. I'm also super fond of both the modern and older Challengers, as I always feel like I'm just about to completely lose control of the car as I'm whipping along without ever quite doing so.

Favorite Drivetrain:

Probably AWD, though I'm not super particular. I don't do a lot of drifting, but I think AWD gets the best cornering on average.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By RandomHero666
    Favorite Car: Renault 5 Turbo, even though it is French.. It's sooo much fun to drive. I loved it in Forza 3, so much better in 4za. With a good tune it takes corners like a train. Pretty fun and easy to drift too.

Drivetrain: All depends on what I'm doing, Usually when Drifting I go with an uber-tuned AWD Silvia S15. If the Top Secret Supra wasn't so hard to get I'd use an RWD tuned one of them though.

I choose RWD usually

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.