Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Freedom Planet

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 21, 2014

An independently developed 2D platformer that shares many similarities to the early Sonic games, as well as Ristar and Gunstar Heroes.

The final boss... erm... what?!?

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By FreakAche

Like I'm all for punishing difficulty in games, which I feel most of the other bosses in this game manage to pull off, while still being fun, due to just being based on learning the patterns. But the final boss is an absurd difficulty spike where the fasts come at you so fast and unpredictably, that no human player could possibly react to them in time. I feel like my only hope of winning this is brute forcing through hundreds of lives until I have a run where I'm lucky enough to deal damage to him faster than he's dealing damage to me. Very disappointing ending to an otherwise good game.

Edit: I should mention I came back to this and beat it. Rage rescinded.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MocBucket62

@freakache: A random Freedom Planet thread out of no where?! On Giant Bomb?! Sweet! Let's talk!

So yeah, Brevon is an edgelord jerk that's also real pain at the end and the first two sections are crazy. I'd recommend in the first phase to run away from his missiles attacks as far as possible and then do similar methods from the mid boss in Battle Glacier (dragon boost when you see the warning signs for him trying to ram you and jump and attack when his machine in jumping).

The second phase is what I find is his hardest form. Hit his face whenever he's running into you while he's performing his flame trail attack. If you're Lilac, do a Dragon Boost when he's about to bounce around the arena and be as far away from him as possible when he's bouncing or when he lands his ultimate attack.

And here comes his final phase. You can try to attack him up close, but keep in mind some of his attacks simply throw you without doing any damage. Whenever you hear him yell, that's a opportunity to jump and stay in the air so he doesn't cut your life bar in half. Also jump first thing in his final phase because his overpowered sword will be his first attack no matter what. Look for him to do his flying attacks and study where he's going to avoid him, but stay close because he'll land back in the arena and that's a golden opportunity to land your special to eat up his life bar. Use a Dragon Boost once he land's and you can get a quarter of his health to vanish. Carol's Chun Li kick will work here too. If you're Milla, you don't have to worry about fighting this final form because the game won't let you do that for some reason. But also do your best when trying to avoid his bomb because even if you're on the roof, he's smart enough to throw bombs at you up there. Maybe run up when you see him throw bombs.

Also the game will checkpoint you at a specific phase you don't have to fight the all three phases at once after you lose all your lives and continue. You can do it! It took me awhile but eventually I figured it out and boy it felt great to Dragon Boost Brevon's stupid face.

Edit: Didn’t read your edit before typing my hefty tips. Glad you beat it! Freedom Planet rules.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@mocbucket62: Heck, at first when I saw the post I was thinking this was in reference to Lost Planet! o_O

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.