Not mentioned during 2012 - suddenly a game of the year contender

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PandaBear

So does anyone else find it baffling that Frog Fractions wasn't mentioned at all during the year, not a news story or a podcast mention, and then goes on to become one the best games of the year according to the Giant Bomb guys? And I get that the GOTY podcasts have spoilers, so I can deal with the twist of the game being ruined, but at no point during the year do I remember the guys saying "Hey try Frog Fractions!".

For the record I can think for myself, and I do find games on my own, but I come to a site like this for a bit of guidance. I feel a little let down this game wasn't mentioned earlier in the year. Am I alone?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

There's nothing to spoil about Frog Fractions. There is no amazing revelation. Some guy made a game that was super wacky and some people were caught off guard by it for some reason, as if a flash game could not do the things that Frog Fractions does. Everybody started talking about it at the same time and hyperbole inevitably followed.

Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By living4theday258

i noticed that but it didn't bother me as i never plan to play it.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm

It's just some stupid flash in the pan that came along and freaked everybody out right before Game Of The Year discussions.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

I think there was a Worth Reading about it.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By PandaBear

I'm not saying it's a big game, so it being a "flash in the pan" shouldn't matter. If it's worth playing I think it's worth mentioning, especially if it's considered one of the BEST games of 2012. I don't just come to GB to hear about big AAA titles, I want to hear about indie stuff too... it should have been mentioned IMHO.

petervs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By petervs

Its all based on opinions, if you agree...good for you, and if you don't...well then good for you :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.