Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

From Dust

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 27, 2011

As a benevolent god known as 'the Breath', players must lead their people to safety and help them retrieve the lost knowledge of their ancestors by manipulating the shape of the terrain of the world in this spiritual successor to Populous.

From Dust - An arcade title?

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ProfessorEss

Am I the only shocked by this? I was sure it would be a full retail release. 
    Considering the wiki I guess some people knew.

I guess it makes the potential risk of making a game like this substantially less.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By shinigami420

The did say it from day one that it was coming to xbox live and psn

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @shinigami420: Hm. Guess I was just blinded by the visuals every time I checked out media for it.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By YoungFrey

Out of this World is still a fond memory as one of the most entralling unique games I ever played, so I'm excited for this.  I'd guess it's a downloadable because they didn't think the game could remain fun for the length of a full game.  I'd rather that than a long game that got boring well before the end and cost 4 times as much.
    WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

I felt the same with Hydrophobia. 
    I felt it would be more than just an arcade title. It might have ran better if they chose to do otherwise.
    McBEEF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By McBEEF

Will it be released on PC or just the consoles? Totally thought this was a full retail title too.

Edit: Ignore me,  just looked at the overview

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jams

@ProfessorEss said:

Am I the only shocked by this? I was sure it would be a full retail release. Considering the wiki I guess some people knew. I guess it makes the potential risk of making a game like this substantially less.

I was also surprised. I thought that it was going to be a full fledged game. Especially since Ubisoft's doing it (right?).

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sjupp

@jams said:

@ProfessorEss said:

Am I the only shocked by this? I was sure it would be a full retail release. Considering the wiki I guess some people knew. I guess it makes the potential risk of making a game like this substantially less.

I was also surprised. I thought that it was going to be a full fledged game. Especially since Ubisoft's doing it (right?).

Same here! Although I could see why it would only bee an arcade game. There isn't that terribly much to the trailers. (It still looks really interesting though, I'm probably going to pick it up.)

drmadhatten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By drmadhatten

Definitely a wiser decision to go XBLA. I know so little about this game even with research.

Binaryfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Binaryfart

It seems to be part of this new crop of "near-retail" downloadable games, like Bastion, Trenched and Stacking.

I love this "in-between" format - I have a new kid and just don't have the time to commit to a full retail game, so to get the quality of a full release (tee hee hee) in the shortened timeframe is just ace!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.