Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Finally gonna play Gears 2

SquadBroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SquadBroken

Oh man, Gears 3 just got announced so I guess I finally gotta go back and play Gears 2.  All the Gears 1 veterans I know say it's not as good as the first.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington

The single-player is good, it's just the multiplayer that doesn't live up to Gears 1.  
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Burns098356GX

Ive never liked the Gears online mode, in either game. The campaign is what sells it for me.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Zippedbinders

I've actually enjoyed the hell out of Gears 2, and I thought Gears 1 was average at best. Though, to be fair, I'm no big fan of playing online. Split screen everything and bots is what sold me on Gears 2. Horde with my roommate has been incredible fun. So much fun I keep thinking about going back and buying Gears 1 again, only to realize that it has none of what I enjoy about this one. Not to mention the story for this one is leagues better than the first.

Tornac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Tornac

The campaign kicks major ass, and Horde mode is awesome, but I don't know... Gears multiplayer was never that good, and if you liked the first game's, you'll definitely love the online here, cause it's better, but it won't change your mind if your a hater. It's also very buggy online, at least it was the last time I played.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.