Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Gears 2 update causes more problems than it solves?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    Yesterday Epic released an update that was supposed to fix the matchmaking in Gears 2 multiplayer. Since downloading the update I have noticed absolutely zero improvement in any on the areas where improvement was supposed to take place - Matchmaking is still a long and laborious process. If anything I have noticed increased lag during games, and my Xbox has now started freezing halfway through a Gears 2 multiplayer matches for no reason at all. This only happens with Gears 2, I can play other games online for hours without any problems on my 360, and its a relatively new console so I doubt its a hardware error.

Is anyone else having issues after downloading the Gears 2 update?
    DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DARKIDO07

The update can solve the problem for people instantly or in a few days.  Just keep playing matches and it will get better.

10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By 10MP

i only had the problem where my party couldn't find a 5th person if we only had 4 in the party and that was fixed.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

It still takes a shitload of time in comparison to the deity of matchmaking (halo 3). 
    I say they should just screw matchmaking and opt for something like Call of Duty, meaning match you up with whoever, but no lobby system.  Because well, Epic has proven so far they're not cut for anything more

The game just seems like it could have used a public online beta.  And you'd think they would have learned their lesson after Gears 1.  Granted the actually problem is different (1 was laggy, 2 can't find games)

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By daniel_beck_90

yeah , it ain't as great as it was supposed to be

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By AutomaticSnake

my game freezes for a few seconds in the menu after the update. glitchy ass game

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "It still takes a shitload of time in comparison to the deity of matchmaking (halo 3). 
    I say they should just screw matchmaking and opt for something like Call of Duty, meaning match you up with whoever, but no lobby system.  Because well, Epic has proven so far they're not cut for anything more

The game just seems like it could have used a public online beta.  And you'd think they would have learned their lesson after Gears 1.  Granted the actually problem is different (1 was laggy, 2 can't find games)"
    yeah,... out of one frying pan, into another. i have yet to experience gears 2s problems but gears 1s weren't all that bad at the end of the day. TBH i notice host advantage more in GRAW and vegas lol.
    Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Babble

I found it to be a great improvement, at first nothing special but after a few matches I was finding them in about 30 seconds or less.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.