Headset in Gears of War 2

#1 Posted by DarkEnzanArikado (189 posts) -

So how do you talk in Gears of War 2, I don't play much of multiplayer on the Xbox 360 and I know Halo 3, you press up on the D-Pad. So what button do you talk with? Because it usually just says that I am talking but no sound is coming out.

#2 Posted by Dr_shiggityshwa (72 posts) -

Well all you need to do is talk, there is no button to press. Now, if you playing warzone or guardian then the dead players cannot hear you, even when the round ends. This is the same if your dead, you can talk to all the dead players but not you your teammates who are alive.

#3 Posted by DarkEnzanArikado (189 posts) -

Ah ok thanks, so it just detects the voice in the mic then. I haven't tried warzone or guardian yet but thanks for the tip since matchmaking is so slow...

#4 Posted by jakob187 (21663 posts) -

For a second, I thought this was a thread finally acknowledging one of the things I hate a ton in the Gears games:  Marcus Fenix touching his ear to listen to his com and thereby negating my abilities to free roam the levels well and shoot random shit.

But no...it's just about XBL crap.
#5 Posted by DarkEnzanArikado (189 posts) -

Nah, it is just me being stupid and not knowing how to work things. But that is rather annoying, if there was an ambush when Marcus was talking, he would so die.

#6 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"For a second, I thought this was a thread finally acknowledging one of the things I hate a ton in the Gears games:  Marcus Fenix touching his ear to listen to his com and thereby negating my abilities to free roam the levels well and shoot random shit.
"
Press select next time and you can.
#7 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Burns09 said:
"jakob187 said:
"For a second, I thought this was a thread finally acknowledging one of the things I hate a ton in the Gears games:  Marcus Fenix touching his ear to listen to his com and thereby negating my abilities to free roam the levels well and shoot random shit.
"
Press select next time and you can."
Really? I'll have to try that.
#8 Posted by DarkEnzanArikado (189 posts) -

I gotta try that out also then. Thanks for the tip.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.