Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Secret lancer smackage

keagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By keagan

So, I've asked around no one will me how to smack someone with the lancer.   I was under the impression you couldn't smack anything with the lancer. Five minutes ago I saw someone do it repeatedly and he would not answer my pleas.
    Someone freakin' tell me. 

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Burns09

You mean over the head when you are downed?

Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Prime20

When someone's down hit b, instead of revving your saw you'll just bonk them on the head.

keagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By keagan

I am talking about while you are standing there.  I guess this could have been a glitch.  The odd thing is that the dude killed a wretch and then smacked another guy.  Maybe I was lagging and didn't see him switch guns.

Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Prime20

Maybe he was wielding a hammerburst, cause you can get smack happy  with one of those, all you can do with the Lancer is rev the saw or bonk someone like i said earlier.

That said, was it someone you were playing horde with? Or was it an NPC or a bot? Cause sometimes the bots can and will glitch out and do something that you cant pull off.

keagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By keagan

Look, I've played 21 hours of horde mode alone.. I say this to note that I know what I'm referencing.
    This dude was smacking people with a golden lancer.  Standing there and smacking people.  No revving, just that swift elbow move. There is no way it was a hammer burst because he had a sniper rifle on his back.  It was odd.. I can only chalk it up to a glitch.

Monoxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Monoxide

You sure it wasn't a golden "Hammerburst"?

Also, maybe I'm not understanding this, but what does having a "Longshot" rifle on his back have to do with anything?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.