Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Do you want new characters?

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SSValis

Considering this is the end of the trilogy does that mean that we will get a new protagonist next game? Hopefully, because I don't really care about these characters at all. This series could be so much more awesome if we could get a better connection with them. Maybe they could do a stranded story arc or do a emulsion war one. Just something where the heroes don't look and sound like juiced up meat heads. Maybe the main characters can wear helmets next game...... I'm sure it has been brought up before but I'd like to know what you guys think?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

Go read the Gears of War books. The characters are great, and I wouldn't agree with your opinion about changing characters. 

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MikeGosot
    @NTM said:
    Go read the Gears of War books. The characters are great, and I wouldn't agree with your opinion about changing characters. 
    I love the Gears Of War books, but... Don't you think they should've made the characters likable in the game, not only in the books? 'Cause seriously, i just care for Dom because of the books. ._.'
    SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SSValis

The majority of the population does not read the books, just so you know.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By flaminghobo

I think that Delta Squad are a great set of characters, though this may be a slightly more biased opinion due to Gears of War being my first real console game experience. I'd be a little apprehensive about getting into a new series of Gears games if it meant I'd be playing a different set of characters.

afrokola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By afrokola

@SSValis: While this may be true, the point still stands that the characters from the Gears of War books are awesome! Hell, I would even go as far to say the characters from the comic books are pretty darn cool too.

As far as main characters of the series wearing helmets, Carmine is the only one I think that should be wearing a helmet of the main cast. I wanna see the faces of my squad mates, that's why I think Halo Reach worked as well as it did; if they never took their helmets off during the campaign, why would I care any more for them than the AI UNSC marines that serve as cannon fodder?

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SSValis
    @texaseanacre said:

@SSValis: While this may be true, the point still stands that the characters from the Gears of War books are awesome! Hell, I would even go as far to say the characters from the comic books are pretty darn cool too.

As far as main characters of the series wearing helmets, Carmine is the only one I think that should be wearing a helmet of the main cast. I wanna see the faces of my squad mates, that's why I think Halo Reach worked as well as it did; if they never took their helmets off during the campaign, why would I care any more for them than the AI UNSC marines that serve as cannon fodder?

ok well maybe not football pads next trilogy
    afrokola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By afrokola

@SSValis: Ha ha, I can totally get behind that!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.