Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Lambent--I really missed the point of these dudes in 2

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JCGamer

So I was reading the Gears of War 3 piece in Gameinformer, and it mentioned how the new enemy in the game are the Lambent.  In various other places, I've heard mention of how the Lambent are another race that was chillin' under-under ground and have sprung up.  Did I totally miss that point?  I thought the Lambent were the result of experiments the COG did to the Locus.  If not, what was the point of that science facility level were a bunch of crazed locus/lambent bust out of the test tube things?  

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I don't remember much about the Gears 2 story... I DO remember chainsawin' those dudes though. If I can do it again in 3, I'll be happy.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Meltac
    @TooWalrus said:

" I don't remember much about the Gears 2 story... I DO remember chainsawin' those dudes though. If I can do it again in 3, I'll be happy. "

This time.. you can do it SIDEWAYS!
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Rhaknar

i dont even remember the lambent in gears 2 >_>

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Linkin10362

They first started showing up in Act 4 as glowing Locust that were fighting the normal ones. I don't believe you fought any or if you did, it wasn't many. The ones in Gears 3 are much more than just glowing Locust though.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

Lambent Locust are mutated versions of the Locust because of the emulsion.

xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By xpxTomxqx

Oh yeah, I remember those guys. How come I see some sought of COG - Locust alliance against the Lambent in Gears 3?

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Questions regarding that lab and Marcus Fenix's father have not been answered yet. They will be addressed in Gears 3.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By sweep  Moderator

During Gears 2, while you are fighting Locust in the Hollow, you might remember the Locust forces ignoring you and fighting another enemy which later turns out to be the Lambent. The lambent are basically locust creatures that have been exposed directly to Imulsion (the crude oil resource on the planet Sera) and have mutated as a result. Think of it almost as though the Lambent are like proper monsters, they don't use weapons or have a structured army like the Locust - they are just rage fuelled creatures that kill everything in their path.

The lambent are also explosive - as you may remember from the crappy last boss at the end of Gears 2.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By OmegaPirate

As long a shotuguns are fixed and ni can  chainsaew d00ds- yes

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.