Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

The Gears Are Turning

Avatar image for deactivated-596e898e86d3d
    deactivated-596e898e86d3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Epic finally announced Gears of War 3 yesterday, which means I will most likely spend the next year becoming super-excited for the game. It's happened with every Gears prior and will happen again. It's inevitable. I'm simply too dumb or too naive to believe the next game will be anything but a masterpiece... at least until after I've beaten it.

Hopefully Cliff Blezinski will finally capitalize on the potential of Gears and take it one step beyond the realm of summer blockbuster into being a legitimate artistic endeavor. "Ashes to Ashes" is showing me all the pieces of what I see as something beautiful, but I fear the final picture may prove to be something other than what I thought it was going to be.

It's tough to try putting a puzzle together when you have no idea what the end result is supposed to be, but I reckon I have no other choice but to give it a shot.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fwylo

I Loved the first one, but for some reason never got around to playing the second one. So i'll have to play that one first if I plan one even touching the 3rd.  We'll see I guess.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Romination

i think the artistic endeavors are subtle, but definitely there. There's some ideas in it that are surprisingly deep, especially considering what everyone knows about the game

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShaneDev

I cant wait for more of that dialogue, "More like ten shit loads".

Lukaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Lukaz

We're on the same boat Ariase.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.