What are you excited for in Gears 3?

#1 Posted by Loyal_Dragoon (118 posts) -

As the title suggest, what are you excited for?  I'm really pumped for the multiplayer, and the campaign. Not really a fan of Horde Mode, but i will give it a try.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10545 posts) -

Being able to play as The Cole Train during part of the campaign is really awesome. 

#3 Posted by EuanDewar (4781 posts) -

Pretty much all of it.

#4 Posted by Toxin066 (3257 posts) -

Dedicated servers, and FINISHING THE FIGHT.

#5 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

The epic edition..

#6 Posted by MetalMoog (907 posts) -

Taunting my PS3 only friends with it. Telling them how awesome it is and how they are missing out, yo. :D

#7 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Not really ill probably be playing dota 2 and RO2 and CSGO and BF3. EPIC MAKE A NEW UNREAL!

#8 Edited by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

Campaign and sweet, sweet horde.

#9 Posted by Casey25 (138 posts) -

Pretty much everything. 

Single player will be great.  4 Player coop and the series finale. 

The new horde might be pretty fun, something to do every once in a while, same as Beast. 

But the multiplayer, ohhhh the multiplayer.  I'm convinced it's going to be the best multiplayer game i've played in a long time (judging by the beta). 

They're fixing pretty much everything i didn't like about gears 2 multiplayer, and adding so much great stuff.  Rifles will be useful.  There will be a greater variety of weapons and they will be VIABLE in different situations  Anyone can have their own preference and style for spawn weapons.  The host issues and bad lag/bullets not going where you tell them will be gone.  Movement is refined, where you wont be hopping constantly to go faster than simply sprinting.  Meatshields are nerfed.  There are more ways to get kills and more satisfying ways to get kills and humiliate the enemy like punching people in the face for 10+ seconds.  There are executions for every weapon.  The chainsaw is actually useful. Grenades are more balanced. 

The beta just blew me away.  But i'm especially looking forward to playing gametypes without respawns.  That was the main thing i didn't get from the beta, because I enjoy the tension of having one life per round and the greater emphasis on strategy that comes from warzone and execution (and I don't like people getting lucky and spawning behind me).

I fully anticipate it to be my GOTY and keep me entertained for a looooong time. 

#10 Posted by Starfishhunter9 (369 posts) -

Campaign mostly. I want to know how it ends.

#11 Posted by Marz (5646 posts) -

probably horde 2.0 and the Carmine situation.

#12 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

the story

#13 Posted by President_Barackbar (3438 posts) -

Multiplayer. They've taken out everything that I didn't like about it before and polished it to perfection, and that was just the beta.

#14 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

I just hope the multiplayer isn't a joke.

I really hope there's more modes than what the beta gave up, I'm gonna miss the one life rounds.

#15 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

After playing the beta it's gotta be the multiplayer. It's soo much better than in the first two games.

#16 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

Fucking everything.

#17 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

The end of the story. So the campaign I suppose.

#18 Posted by mordukai (7140 posts) -
@Starfishhunter9 said:
Given Epic's past record in mediocre story lines I won't be expecting something...Well...Epic. I say it's going to end up mostly along the lines on how Halo 3 ended. Well, minus Marcus being frozen and sent off to a galaxy far far away.  

Anyways, back on topic. The thing I am most excited for is that this time I won't drop sixty unnecessary bucks on it. 
#19 Posted by Vexxan (4616 posts) -

Finishing the fight! Never played much of multiplayer in GoW1/2 but I will probably at least try it this time.

#20 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@Starfishhunter9 said:
This. I'm not anxious to play the game, but I'm interested in seeing how it all ends and if Dom ends up killing himself.
#21 Posted by left4doof (286 posts) -

Multiplayer I guess. And that bitchin controller .

#22 Posted by g6065 (271 posts) -

That it being released means Arkham City is less than a month away.

#23 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

Pretty much all of it.

@MariachiMacabre said:

Fucking everything.

#24 Posted by krazy_kyle (716 posts) -

Whenever it gets cheaper in a month or two so I can buy it for half the price. har har har

#25 Posted by Sweep (8826 posts) -

Weapon balance and dedicated servers. I need that retro lancer.

#26 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -
@EuanDewar said:

Pretty much all of it.

#27 Posted by shootermcclay (219 posts) -

Unreal Tournament IV

#28 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

Tbh, I'm not excited for Gears 3 at all. Looks like more of the same and I want new experiences. I will probably play it sometime next year or so.

#29 Posted by GunstarRed (5044 posts) -

Campaign, My pretty gold retro lancer that i'll inevitably never use. Insane Horde mode additions, Beast,fighting through the pain.
#30 Posted by Redbullet685 (6029 posts) -

Everything.

#31 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I wil jump right into the campaign with my cousin, then Horde and beast mode till we drop.
We had so much fun in Gears 2, this can only be better!

#32 Posted by DH69 (61 posts) -

Campaign and Horde #*$@ Competitive multiplayer. 

And im still hopin they kill Anya instead of any one else.

#33 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I'm am really excited for it, I was so close to getting the epic edition but I really can't afford it, can't wait!!!

#34 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -

I can't wait to hug those chest high walls.

#35 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

Finishing the campaign is the part I am most looking forward to. I will definitely play a lot of the multiplayer but I am not super excited after playing the beta.

#36 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

Most excited to see how the story ends, despite the shit people give it, I like the gears universe. Also I spent a lot of time playing Horde in Gears 2 so I'll probably be burning a lot of hours in Horde 2.0.

#37 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

The campaign.

#38 Posted by rmills87 (463 posts) -

Horde 2.0 - I love the idea of building fortifications using the money earned from kills. Now, I must say that in every game I own except for a few, the single player campaign ALWAYS takes priority over everything else on the disc. So even though Horde 2.0 wins it, the single player campaign is a cunt hair below Horde 2.0.

#39 Posted by JackSukeru (5906 posts) -

More chest-high walls!

#40 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -

Everything,even horde/beast modes for them days when i'm not playing all to well :3

But mostly the MP as gears 2 was one of my most played MP games ever :D.

#41 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

I'm most interested in the singleplayer because I want to see it through, but I'm looking forward to horde and MP as well.

#42 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1862 posts) -

I really want to play as a Ticker in Beast mode, it seems both creepy and exhilarating.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.