Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War

Franchise »

Humanity is at war with an underground enemy known as the Locust horde, and the player must use cover and team work to survive.

A Return to Gaming Through an Unusual Path (For Me That Is...)

chibiodgiek18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By chibiodgiek18

So I noticed lately that I hadn't been gaming as much as I would like, and I couldn't figure out why. I would come home from work, ready to start up my 360 or DSi for some much needed game time, and then I would just end up looking at the screen for a few minutes, turning it off, and getting on the computer or something. So while at my aunts yesterday I decided to borrow Gears of War 1. Let me describe my history with the game:

As a younger gamer I played gears when it was first released and for some reson hated it. I talked it down at school and just had a general disinterest in the craze. Later, when Gears 2 was released, my uncle invited me over to play together. We spent awhile messing around on Xbox live and playing The Horde, when I realized that Gears 2 was pretty fun with a friend, maybe I just didn't give it a chance.

So back to the real story, I DID give it a chance, and I ended up playing until 3am last night and I've been playing a couple hours this morning too! I love it and I don't know if I was too young to appreciate it at first or if my tastes in gaming have changed as I grew older. But anyways, I'm about to get back in there and play some more. Now if only this gaming enlightenment can happen on my DSi as well. :]

chibiodgiek18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By chibiodgiek18

So I noticed lately that I hadn't been gaming as much as I would like, and I couldn't figure out why. I would come home from work, ready to start up my 360 or DSi for some much needed game time, and then I would just end up looking at the screen for a few minutes, turning it off, and getting on the computer or something. So while at my aunts yesterday I decided to borrow Gears of War 1. Let me describe my history with the game:

As a younger gamer I played gears when it was first released and for some reson hated it. I talked it down at school and just had a general disinterest in the craze. Later, when Gears 2 was released, my uncle invited me over to play together. We spent awhile messing around on Xbox live and playing The Horde, when I realized that Gears 2 was pretty fun with a friend, maybe I just didn't give it a chance.

So back to the real story, I DID give it a chance, and I ended up playing until 3am last night and I've been playing a couple hours this morning too! I love it and I don't know if I was too young to appreciate it at first or if my tastes in gaming have changed as I grew older. But anyways, I'm about to get back in there and play some more. Now if only this gaming enlightenment can happen on my DSi as well. :]

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Alex_V

Good for you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.