Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gemini Rue

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 24, 2011

An intense indie adventure for the PC and iOS, set in a bleak future dominated by a corrupt crime syndicate. The game was the 2010 winner of the Independent Game Festival Student Showcase.

How long is Gemini Rue?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

Ballpark figure, how long did it take you to finish the story on your first run?  I'm thinking of buying but i wanna know if it's worth the $15.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SSully

I didn't play it, but when researching the same question I found it is around 8 hours on average for peeps. 

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Vodun
    @Jedted said:
    "

Ballpark figure, how long did it take you to finish the story on your first run?  I'm thinking of buying but i wanna know if it's worth the $15.

"
    You determine this solely on how long it lasts?

It depends on how easily you figure out the puzzles I guess. But it''s about the standard length of an oldie game. 3-4 hours if you blast through the content and know all the puzzles, double or triple that if you have to stop and think.

There's a demo, get that and try it out. If you like that you'll like the game. Don't put so much stock into length.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By fjordson
    7 and a half hours for me. Absolutely worth the 15 bucks. Best game I've played this year.
    thamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By thamster

yeah no more than 10h unless you get really stuck

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

My roommate asked me, for some unknown reason, if this is going to be available for Mac at any point. Any ideas?

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By daavpuke

I'd say about 8 to 10. I got stuck on like 2 pieces, so it's more around 10 hours or so for me, but other than that it should last you long enough. It's a very compelling ride from start to finish, so it's well worth the money.

psychofish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By psychofish
    @HandsomeDead: Not likely to be out on Mac... the AGS engine it's based on doesn't have a Mac port.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Daveyo520

A few hours, I was not keeping track. It is long enough. It is a really amazing game. I love it. One of my favorites in a while because I really like adventure games and the atmospheric is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.