Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War Collection

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

A high definition re-release of God of War and God of War II for PlayStation 3.

God of War Collection Summary

unreal999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By unreal999

To promote hype and excitement for the release of God of War III, Sony Computer Entertainment America teamed up with Santa Monica and Bluepoint Games to bring their bloody, kick-ass action games, God of War I and II, on a single disc, simply called God of War Collection.

God of War Collection lets you visit or revisit these two installments, giving you a chance to refresh your memories about Kratos; the game’s angry anti-hero, his desperate struggle to redeem himself, and to forget his violent crimes from the past. The most noticeable change from the Playstation 2 versions of these two games is obviously the graphics. While the bloody action and combat withstood the test of time, the graphics did not; however Sony has dramatically enhanced them by increasing the resolution to an awesome 1080p and improving the performance by having the games running at constant 60 frames per second. While both games look surprisingly good for last-generation games, the second one truly stands out. On numerous occasions the visuals looked so sharp and the action was so smooth, I was forgetting that it was almost three year old game, mostly because of the excellent art direction found in the series.

Unfortunately, there are some minor things that hold God of War Collection back. First, the in-game cut scenes were not remade, which results in having the actual game look better than the old cut scenes. While not a big deal, every time I had to see them I was pulled out from the experience. In addition, old glitches, such as infinite red orbs, are still working. It’s a shame, because the developers had a chance to fix them but chose not do to so; on the other hand I kind of appreciate that the games stay true to their older versions. Lastly, while the diehard fans of the series would kill for some extra content for these two classic action games, I believe it would be asking too much for the cheaply priced Collection.

Overall, God of War Collection is a truly great package. For thirty dollars, I don’t think you can find better deal if you’re looking for an action game. The improved graphics and frame rate greatly add to the overall experience, and make this the best versions of God of War I & II. Also worth mentioning are the easy-to-get trophies, which bring even more value to the package. Whether you want to refresh your memories or experience the God of War games for the first time, God of War Collection is worth your money.

unreal999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By unreal999

To promote hype and excitement for the release of God of War III, Sony Computer Entertainment America teamed up with Santa Monica and Bluepoint Games to bring their bloody, kick-ass action games, God of War I and II, on a single disc, simply called God of War Collection.

God of War Collection lets you visit or revisit these two installments, giving you a chance to refresh your memories about Kratos; the game’s angry anti-hero, his desperate struggle to redeem himself, and to forget his violent crimes from the past. The most noticeable change from the Playstation 2 versions of these two games is obviously the graphics. While the bloody action and combat withstood the test of time, the graphics did not; however Sony has dramatically enhanced them by increasing the resolution to an awesome 1080p and improving the performance by having the games running at constant 60 frames per second. While both games look surprisingly good for last-generation games, the second one truly stands out. On numerous occasions the visuals looked so sharp and the action was so smooth, I was forgetting that it was almost three year old game, mostly because of the excellent art direction found in the series.

Unfortunately, there are some minor things that hold God of War Collection back. First, the in-game cut scenes were not remade, which results in having the actual game look better than the old cut scenes. While not a big deal, every time I had to see them I was pulled out from the experience. In addition, old glitches, such as infinite red orbs, are still working. It’s a shame, because the developers had a chance to fix them but chose not do to so; on the other hand I kind of appreciate that the games stay true to their older versions. Lastly, while the diehard fans of the series would kill for some extra content for these two classic action games, I believe it would be asking too much for the cheaply priced Collection.

Overall, God of War Collection is a truly great package. For thirty dollars, I don’t think you can find better deal if you’re looking for an action game. The improved graphics and frame rate greatly add to the overall experience, and make this the best versions of God of War I & II. Also worth mentioning are the easy-to-get trophies, which bring even more value to the package. Whether you want to refresh your memories or experience the God of War games for the first time, God of War Collection is worth your money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.