Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

Angry Kratos Edition, "I just beat it!," Thread *SPOILERS*

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RsistncE

No Caption Provided
    So now that the game many of us have been waiting for is out, I figured it's probably best to have one of these threads to keep spoilers from leaking into other topics and generally just having a space for all those who have beat (or are even still playing) the game. Discussion get!

Yoink.
     Yoink.
    mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By mrfluke

that ending was fucked up, thats my 2 cents  

the game was extremely badass from start to finish except for that last last scene with the final revelations with athena  

not satisfied with that ending man , way too fucked up 

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Burns09

His body missing and the blood trail leading to the sea. Is he alive did he die, god damn that stuff bugs the crap outta me.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Burns09 said:
    " His body missing and the blood trail leading to the sea. Is he alive did he die, god damn that stuff bugs the crap outta me. "
    He is alive, and if you get a Platinum the game hints at  DLC Epilogue. I'm more interested in how this could lead into another sequel involving his brother.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By rjayb89

Oh, so he becomes a Big Daddy.  Awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@rjayb89 said:
    " Oh, so he becomes a Big Daddy.  Awesome. "
    Hah.

Didn't actually play it, but I watched a Let's Play on Youtube. Pretty gorgeous game, if I do say so myself. Brutal as all fuck.
    DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeShawn2ks

After the credits roll and it showed where Kratos died it looks like the stone forms a phoenix.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By lemon360

Kratos couldn't have survived that. He got killed the same way at the beginning of God of war 2. Although in 3 Kratos didn't get crushed by a giant hand just prior to the Blade of Olympus going through him.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Dany

Never played GOW, any of them, but saw the ending on youtube. That is a sure fire way to end the series for Kratos, kinda risky

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EvilTwin

Signing my name to the "I just beat it" thread.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By JokerClown88

Signing the just beat it list.  That was a very satisfying game.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RsistncE

Also signing the just beat it thread :D

One of the greatest games I have ever played.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vitor

Beat it - felt it went downhill after Chronos though. 

Epic first 5 hours and amazingly paced (loved how each of the main titan fights were multi-tiered affairs, broken up by normal enemies, platforming and puzzles and yet somehow still managed to retain their momentum), but the Giant box temple and everything after that was just ugly (especially the MC Escher gardens which looked like they were ripped out of the HD God of War 1+2 collection) and dull with the same enemies you'd already faced, forced closed arena fights to artificially lengthen the game, some bad checkpointing, simplistic puzzles with nowhere near the scale they had in prior entries in the series, invisible walls everywhere and a frankly unearned redemption arch and tonal shift featuring one of the worst voiced little girls I've ever had the misfortune to watch try to act. The dialogue wasn't always great but hearing her wax lyrical on hope was near Final Fantasy levels of anime melodrama. 

Loved parts of the game, hated and was bored by others and had my jaw dropped by the awesomeness of few more - inconsistent is how I'd describe it. 

Also, the next game will so star the brother that was hinted at in the bonus materials of the first game...

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By canucks23
    @Dany said:

" Never played GOW, any of them, but saw the ending on youtube. That is a sure fire way to end the series for Kratos, kinda risky "

They've already come out and said that Kratos's story was finished with 3, so i guess this is as good a way as any. I wanna see what they'd do with a GoW game without him.
    Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chuggsy
    @Vitor said:
    " Beat it - felt it went downhill after Chronos though.  Epic first 5 hours and amazingly paced (loved how each of the main titan fights were multi-tiered affairs, broken up by normal enemies, platforming and puzzles and yet somehow still managed to retain their momentum), but the Giant box temple and everything after that was just ugly (especially the MC Escher gardens which looked like they were ripped out of the HD God of War 1+2 collection) and dull with the same enemies you'd already faced, forced closed arena fights to artificially lengthen the game, some bad checkpointing, invisible walls everywhere and a frankly unearned redemption arch and tonal shift featuring one of the worst voiced little girls I've ever had the misfortune to watch try to act. The dialogue wasn't always great but hearing her wax lyrical on hope was near Final Fantasy levels of anime melodrama.  Loved parts of the game, hated and was bored by others and had my jaw dropped by the awesomeness of few more - inconsistent is my opinion of the game. "
    I thought Pandora was alright, I liked her voice acting.

As far as the hope speeches... I've played enough Kingdom Hearts that those kinds of speeches don't put me off, I've heard ALOT worse. I thought it was sorta a nice change for the God of War games, to have a little bit of a message. I don't think they overdid it. The whole point was that Pandora was like his daughter obviously, so I think it worked well enough.

(Nothing against KH, I love that series, but I'm not sure If I can take another speech about the power of the heart, and how light defeats darkness etc.)
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By captain_clayman
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @Burns09 said:
    " His body missing and the blood trail leading to the sea. Is he alive did he die, god damn that stuff bugs the crap outta me. "
    He is alive, and if you get a Platinum the game hints at  DLC Epilogue. I'm more interested in how this could lead into another sequel involving his brother. "
    i don't wanna play as hercules!  he's a dick
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By captain_clayman
    @LiquidPrince said:

" @Burns09 said:

He is alive, and if you get a Platinum the game hints at  DLC Epilogue. I'm more interested in how this could lead into another sequel involving his brother. "
    Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chuggsy
    @LiquidPrince said:

" @Burns09 said:

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Chuggsy said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:

" @Burns09 said:

i don't wanna play as hercules!  he's a dick  "
    Not that brother.
    Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Burns09

@LiquidPrince   Oh! That brother.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By shirogane
    @Chuggsy said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:

" @Burns09 said:

i don't wanna play as hercules!  he's a dick  "

Like Kratos isn't? Or wasn't...hmmm
    Taklulas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Taklulas

No Caption Provided
    Enough said.
    nokypoky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nokypoky

The boss fight with Zeus got more and more unsatisfying and the Labrynth levels seemed out of place. But the game is definately worth a rental at the very least, it was a good gaming experience overall - By the Gods.

Ecinsiefil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Ecinsiefil

I really liked the ending, actually.

Not sure why everyone is complaining. I guess it's because everyone expected Kratos to be an angsty bitch 'til the last, but I think the ending actually gave Kratos a good send off.

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
    DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just beat it, I thought the ending was pretty grim.

It was kind of appropriate. All that anger can only come from some fairly serious self loathing.

I thought the script was terrible, though. It was really corny in places, all that prattling on about "hope is why we are here" and all that, and coming from the mouth of that whiny teen Pandora character made it seem even more like some self indulgent high school English essay. It's a shame, because the production values in the game proper are astonishing. 

I really wish game developers would think a little more about the writing, especially with a linear story like this one. How much does it cost to bring in a good writer early on? I don't know, but as a proportion of the budget for a game like this it can't be that much.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @nokypoky said:
    " The boss fight with Zeus got more and more unsatisfying and the Labrynth levels seemed out of place. But the game is definately worth a rental at the very least, it was a good gaming experience overall - By the Gods. "
    the whole game lead up to the labyrinth...out of place?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.