Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

God of War III (Video Preview)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    IGN's Chris Roper has previewed that game in video form.

Video Preview of God of War III

I think it's definitely a good thing if he feels slightly heavier, he certainly did feel floaty in the first two games, but of course it worked fine in those games, but here with more realism it's better to have him heavier feel I think.  

The whole zipper-tech effect looks sexy, especially the blood spatter that Kratos gets all over his face and body, but I think it could look a little better, if it used similar soft body tech to what Gears 2 recently used. I just think the blood and guts needs to undulate more as they seep out, plus it does not seem to steam slightly as it hits the air, which I think it should. 

The combat looks great and this whole on-the-fly switching of weapons should make for some awesome combos.

The game looks great, but for me even in the E3 demo it looked a little bare in places due to some low quality textures in areas, that should be sorted out by the time it hits in March, After some optimization they should be able to see where they can push some extra gloss. Every GoW game to date has come out looking as awesome as it can, you cannot expect any less from this.

Thoughts about the game and what weve seen so far?

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Luke

This game is gunna be so kickass and looks great!  I especially like the Combo System, where you can switch weapons on the fly. 

Hope they get a price-cut on the PS3 before this comes-out, so all my friends waiting for this to happen can play the game at the same time as me. 

Also, I hope Sony gets their Trophy API in order as well, again by the time this comes-out, so I can show-off my Platinum for this game here on GB come March 2010 :p

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

I really hope enemies actually force you to switch repeatedly, due to tough tactics they may employ because of good reactive AI.

Bosses that require multiple weapons use to take them down will no doubt be standard, but I want the same to carry through to smaller NPCs to add more depth to the combat throughout.

Avatar image for demonicpoetgamer
    DemonicPoetGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DemonicPoetGamer

Stig Said some weapons work better for diffrent enemies. Also we'll be faced with 50+ enemies so yea diffrent weapons for diffrent situations. I like the cestus. Its looking really kool. Also the Firebow looks nice too. Cant wait to get my hands on this bad boy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.