Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GOG.com

Concept »

A digital distribution platform that focuses on providing DRM-free computer games, both old and new.

Finally in their catalogue!

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TorMasturba

A game that has long been voted for on GOG but never added. Baldur's Gate has finally been added. 

Being a fan of GOG and a massive fan of BG I instantly decided to purchase it. Pretty cheap too. 

What games would you lot like GOG to start selling now that they're out of Beta and seemingly more serious about their niche in the video games market?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I'm not quite sure about the GOG release of this, I think 9.99 for only BG1 + the expansion is a bit expensive, since the pack with both BG games and both their expansions are available in stores for that price.

Though I'd feel a bit stupid buying that 4-pack since I already own all the BG games except the BG1 expansion already, and already two copies of BG2.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#3  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Personally, I'm pretty excited for the implications that them having Baldur's Gate means for me, as opposed to the game itself (which I already own). It is foreseeable that they could release the rest of the Infinity Engine catalog, and as someone who has never played either Icewind Dale or Planescape Torment, this excites me. In addition to that though, they might also have the rights to release older D&D games like Pool of Radiance and Eye of the Beholder, which also sounds pretty great. 

But what else would I want them to release? Pretty simple: I want them to get the rights to Wizardry, so people can get to play Wizardry 8 without having to resort to illegal measures. The rest of the series.... ehhh. Really don't care.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@ArbitraryWater:

yes, I look forward to Planescape Torment.

Icewind Dale 1+2 is also widely available in the same fashion as BG1+2+expansions, but Planescape Torment is impossible to find anywhere.

And yes, the Wizardry series is what I've been wishing for the most (apart from KKND) since I first heard of GOG, I love Wizardry 8, but I have only managed to get a pirated version. I saw a copy in a store once for ~$100. Seems the rights are owned by some japanese company though, so I guess it can be hard for them to get that released. There are other Sir-Tech games on GOG though, so I hope they can get their other games too.

The first Wizardry games are probably way too hard and aged to be fun to play these days, but the Cosmic Forge trilogy with Wizardry 6, 7 and 8 would be awesome to have on GOG.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

I own copies of pretty much all the Black Isle era Isometric RPGs, but this is good news.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By TwoLines

Dungeon Keeper. 
    I'd really like to play it again..

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By skrutop

Man, I'm sorry I switched to a Mac now.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By aleryn
    @fisk0 said:
    "

@ArbitraryWater:

yes, I look forward to Planescape Torment.

Icewind Dale 1+2 is also widely available in the same fashion as BG1+2+expansions, but Planescape Torment is impossible to find anywhere.

And yes, the Wizardry series is what I've been wishing for the most (apart from KKND) since I first heard of GOG, I love Wizardry 8, but I have only managed to get a pirated version. I saw a copy in a store once for ~$100. Seems the rights are owned by some japanese company though, so I guess it can be hard for them to get that released. There are other Sir-Tech games on GOG though, so I hope they can get their other games too.

The first Wizardry games are probably way too hard and aged to be fun to play these days, but the Cosmic Forge trilogy with Wizardry 6, 7 and 8 would be awesome to have on GOG.

"
    Yeah doesn't surprise me that a Japanese company snatched up Wizardry.  So much niche love for classic Wizardry 1st person dungeon crawlers over there, especially nowadays.  

I'd love to play the series that inspired the genre, in general.  Good choice, that'd be my first pick as well.  Oh, yeah and ditto on KKND.  Damn shame those guys went under recently.
    fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
    @Aleryn said:
    Yeah doesn't surprise me that a Japanese company snatched up Wizardry.  So much niche love for classic Wizardry 1st person dungeon crawlers over there, especially nowadays.    I'd love to play the series that inspired the genre, in general.  Good choice, that'd be my first pick as well.  Oh, yeah and ditto on KKND.  Damn shame those guys went under recently. "

Have Krome Studios closed down? I know Game Room seem to have gone horribly wrong, but they released Blade Kitten just a week or two ago?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.