Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GoldenEye 007

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 02, 2010

GoldenEye 007 (for the Wii and Nintendo DS) is a re-imagining of the 1997 Nintendo 64 classic of the same name (as well as the 1995 movie it was based off of).

First Impressions: GoldenEye 007 Wii

temmink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By temmink

Well, these are my very first impressions having completed the first mission on 00 and played a little bit of multi. Groan. I wish they had just released the original as a Wiiware title. Frankly the framerate is pretty horrible, the graphics are sub average (even for Wii), the controls are alright but my major complaint is that all the changes that they made haven't been improvements. The multiplayer is some weird MW2 via GoldenEye thing and has lost most of the charm of the original. The single player story is weird, taking little detours from the original and to be honest, it just feels wrong with Daniel Craig. Also I noticed they didn't use Sean Bean's likeness for Trevalyan, they could have at lest thrown him a bone, I haven't seen him in much recently. Frankly I don't know how much more I am going to play, I really wanted to like it but so far it's not pushing any of the right buttons.

Sigh out of five.

temmink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By temmink

Well, these are my very first impressions having completed the first mission on 00 and played a little bit of multi. Groan. I wish they had just released the original as a Wiiware title. Frankly the framerate is pretty horrible, the graphics are sub average (even for Wii), the controls are alright but my major complaint is that all the changes that they made haven't been improvements. The multiplayer is some weird MW2 via GoldenEye thing and has lost most of the charm of the original. The single player story is weird, taking little detours from the original and to be honest, it just feels wrong with Daniel Craig. Also I noticed they didn't use Sean Bean's likeness for Trevalyan, they could have at lest thrown him a bone, I haven't seen him in much recently. Frankly I don't know how much more I am going to play, I really wanted to like it but so far it's not pushing any of the right buttons.

Sigh out of five.

durden77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By durden77

wahh why isn't it just Goldeneye 64 again wah

temmink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By temmink
    @durden77 said:

" wahh why isn't it just Goldeneye 64 again wah "

Normally I would agree except that on this occasion they endlessly talked about trying to emulate the original and didn't. It probably would have made an entirely acceptable but forgettable addition to the collection of bond games if they had just used it as an inspiration in a new property instead of actually re imagining and remaking GoldenEye itself. Of course it is obvious why they did it, a totally cynical move to latch on to the nostalgia of 20-somethings like me who grew up playing the original and get them to buy a game they wouldn't have looked at twice otherwise. Anyway, thanks for engaging in the discussion... I assume you loved it?
    BitterAlmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BitterAlmond

I agree, the single-player had some shaky framerates in the the big climactic scenes, and the regenerating health really bothers me (although I'm so glad for the 007 Agent mode with the body armour), but it's got enough throwbacks to the original to keep me entertained for a while. Any word on whether DK mode made the cut? I haven't found it among the options, but it may be an unlock.

temmink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By temmink

I don't think it made it in. There is Big Hand mode (slappers only with giant hands) in multi but I think that is it. I could be wrong though, I hope it's in there somewhere...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.