Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gotham City Impostors

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Freelance vigilantes in superhero garb take on psychopathic criminals wearing clown makeup in this (now free-to-play) Batman-themed multiplayer first-person shooter.

Do enough people play this?

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By artgarcrunkle

So since Bad Company 2 is dead on PS3 and I have no interest in playing BF3 on console I was looking for this to be the shooter I pop in when I have nothing better to do. Is this game already dead in the water like most downloadable console shooters?

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
    deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I play quite a lot, (PS3) and seems better now they've released the patch with the DLC. There always seems to be a steady flow of players.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

You can't play Battlefield so you choose Gotham City Impostors? How peculiar. Still, yeah there's enough people for you to get games. At least for now, maybe not for too much longer.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By artgarcrunkle

@James_Giant_Peach: Why? It's the exact same shooter as every other console shooter only you have a grappling hook. Exactly what I'm looking for when I want to play a quick fun game.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By napalm
    @rawrsair said:

I play quite a lot, (PS3) and seems better now they've released the patch with the DLC. There always seems to be a steady flow of players.

They did finally release the downloadable content (weapons and all) on the PlayStation 3?
    Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
    deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Napalm: They sure did

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#7  Edited By MightyDuck

Is the game still semi popular? I was thing of picking it up...but I'm guessing it's already too late.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f39c75856922
    deactivated-5f39c75856922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's actually faster getting into a match now than it was when it came out. Plenty of people playing it cause it's awesome.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#9  Edited By MightyDuck

Good to hear! What version would that be? I'd be picking it up on the ps3. Perhaps the impending moving is increasing numbers?

toastface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By toastface

I just fired this up on my PC, spent a lot of time trying to find a match, every time failing to do so. Once it rounded up enough people to play 3 vs. 3, but just got stuck saying "contacting server". On PC at least, this game goes from broken to ok to broken more often than I would like. Currently, for me at least, it's sitting in "broken". I have so few actual playing hours in this game, I regret paying for it now (which is a shame, because those playing hours were really good fun).

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By killacam

gonna check this out on ps3 today. thanks ps+. hopefully this will bring an influx of noobs so i don't get too owned.

toolzz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#12  Edited By toolzz360

there are enough people playing to have fun, but some more would be nice

bloodfarts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bloodfarts

I just got this early this week on PS3. Every game I got into was a laggy mess. Pretty fun when it was working, but seemed to perform way below the 360 version.

toolzz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#14  Edited By toolzz360

@Bloodfarts said:

I just got this early this week on PS3. Every game I got into was a laggy mess. Pretty fun when it was working, but seemed to perform way below the 360 version.

yea the ps3 and pc versions have had problems from launch onwards, i would expect monolith to have addressed them a little better

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By kindgineer

I watch a YouTube personality "AllShamNoWoW" who plays it often and it seems pretty populated. It sounds like a title that really found it's audience well and kept it.

Rhinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rhinox

I still play GCI whenever I find the time. Occasionally I have to back out of an empty lobby and try again to find players, but never more than once. There's an active community still there and we're still having fun with the game. I encourage all who are still interested to check it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.