Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gotham City Impostors

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Freelance vigilantes in superhero garb take on psychopathic criminals wearing clown makeup in this (now free-to-play) Batman-themed multiplayer first-person shooter.

Game unplayable now?

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BleedingStarX

Since this free DLC after every game I finish the game just locks up during the after game report screen. This has happened 10 games in a row now and the only way to carry on playing seems to be to hit the dashboard and reload. Why is this happening all of a sudden or is no one else experiencing this?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By DocHaus

Judging by my own experience and those of various posters on the official forums I'd say everyone is experiencing this. The problem seems to be that the Monolith team took down the dedicated servers and made all connections P2P while they tweaked said servers over the week, and decided to release the patch for XBL earlier at the same time. So if the host happens to quit when a match ends (which is not uncommon) then the game is stuck trying to figure out which screen to send you to. They'd better hit the ground running on Monday to expedite getting those dedicated servers fixed or there won't be a player base left to save.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By BleedingStarX

Ah okay, hopefully its fixed soon then

qawsed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By qawsed

I held off buying this until a few days ago hoping they'd fix the bugs I kept hearing about. There were still problems, but they were manageable. Then I Installed the update and it's practically unplayable. I've never had a shoddier time with a 360 product.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@BleedingStarX said:

Since this free DLC after every game I finish the game just locks up during the after game report screen. This has happened 10 games in a row now and the only way to carry on playing seems to be to hit the dashboard and reload. Why is this happening all of a sudden or is no one else experiencing this?

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

Then again I was hoping it was just a string of bad luck. Atleast now it will be fixed (hopefully)

qawsed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By qawsed

They fixed it.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By DocHaus

Well I'll be damned. Looks like they did fix it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.