Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Gran Turismo 5 Damage Models?

Avatar image for shadowsaber_806
    ShadowSaber_806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShadowSaber_806

Hey, just curious if anyone else noticed the damage models during the E3 GT5 trailer (during the WRC portion I believe). That would be amazing.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Binman88

I saw them in the rally part alright; I'd imagine that will be the extent of GT5's damage models.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JakJ

I noticed it too. Let's hope it isn't just some sort of sick tease. Lack of damage totally killed the realism for me in recent GT games.

ShadowSaber_806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShadowSaber_806

Honestly, I was getting hyped for forza 3 after being dissappointed with the long wait for GT5, but that trailer pretty much changes everything. Im suprised they got the rights to both the wrc and nascar (personally I'm not a huge fan of nascar, but the WRC is a different story).

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ket87

GT5 better have damage simulation, I hopped on the Forza boat a few years ago as far as sim racing goes and its gonna take a lot from GT5 to pull back. Especially after Forza 3 got the car companies to allow their cars to be rolled over and not be glued to the ground which is one stupid stipulation they've had with licencing forever that just ruined the "realism" that these games have been striving for.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By randiolo
    @ShadowSaber_806 said:
    " Honestly, I was getting hyped for forza 3 after being dissappointed with the long wait for GT5, but that trailer pretty much changes everything. Im suprised they got the rights to both the wrc and nascar (personally I'm not a huge fan of nascar, but the WRC is a different story). "
    yea i don't care for nascar also.. but seeing that WRC logo made me jump..something to scratch my Colin Mcrae 2 itch?  i really cant wait any longer for this game.
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By artofwar420

GT is great, I'm getting the new PSP just because it's finally getting a Grand Turismo game. 

It'd be cool looking to have damage models, but if it's a GT game, it's not just gonna be aesthetic, it's gonna have to affect gameplay, that's why I think they're taking a while to show it, or why they omitted it in Prologue.
    MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By MrPerfect

I think that if they could add a few cool damage models it would blow all of our minds.

ShadowSaber_806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShadowSaber_806
    @artofwar420 said:
    "GT is great, I'm getting the new PSP just because it's finally getting a Grand Turismo game. 

It'd be cool looking to have damage models, but if it's a GT game, it's not just gonna be aesthetic, it's gonna have to affect gameplay, that's why I think they're taking a while to show it, or why they omitted it in Prologue.
    "

Yeah, first thing that comes to mind is the colin mcrae rally games, letting you finish the race with like one tire, misaligned steering, and the engine constantly shutting off from heavy damage, lol
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK
    @randiolo said:
    "
    @ShadowSaber_806 said:
    " Honestly, I was getting hyped for forza 3 after being dissappointed with the long wait for GT5, but that trailer pretty much changes everything. Im suprised they got the rights to both the wrc and nascar (personally I'm not a huge fan of nascar, but the WRC is a different story). "
    yea i don't care for nascar also.. but seeing that WRC logo made me jump..something to scratch my Colin Mcrae 2 itch?  i really cant wait any longer for this game. "
    I heard they was making a colin mccrae flight simulator...
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By get2sammyb
    @crunchUK: That's pretty low man. I feel terrible for raising a grin. Really I do.

And yes, I too noticed the damage physics.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6308c1821738f
    deactivated-6308c1821738f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

I'm guessing the WRC and NASCAR stuff will have full damage models, but as far as the normal street cars are concerned, I wouldn't expect anything more than some scratches and busted headlights.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Binman88
    @randiolo said:
    "
    @ShadowSaber_806 said:
    yea i don't care for nascar also.. but seeing that WRC logo made me jump..something to scratch my Colin Mcrae 2 itch?  i really cant wait any longer for this game. "
    I hope they have a similar co driver set up like the old CMR and WRC games had. Maybe even get Nicky Grist to do a little voice work.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK
    @get2sammyb said:
    " @crunchUK: That's pretty low man. I feel terrible for raising a grin. Really I do.And yes, I too noticed the damage physics. "
    is that a complament?
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I think in the end the Wait for GT5 will be worth it.... it always is

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.