Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Rewinding

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CounterShock

I don't play many racing games and i've only played the Time Trial challenge and I haven't even played Forza 3 (just watched my brother play a lot). After messing up a race I went for the select button and realized that this game doesn't have rewind. Does anyone think that this game needs it. Like I said I don't play these games often and I feel like that is a feature that should be in every simulation style game from now on. Just sayin'.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @CounterShock: 

no. it does not.  
    but hey its probably something that Polyphony Digital is looking into. but damn, GT5 looks better and better everyday. its going to be incredible. 

1000+ FUCKING CARS !
    CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CounterShock

1000+ cars does sound pretty awesome.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

I agree it should be in every racing game from now on.  I might even use it just because I do hate missing a turn on the last lap or something.  I don't mind either way.

DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DeadWeezel

When the idea of the game is to perfect your ability to control a car on a track having rewind just waters down the need for any ability at all.  I imagine Polyphony are not entirely in line with that sort of thinking. 

On the other hand if a game can offer something that pleases fans as an option, perhaps it should.  Those who think it silly can ignore it and it broadens the player base. 

Personally I am in favour of choice so long as it does not water down the game, but damn, games are too pandering and easy these days.  It seems many developers are scared of creating a challenge just incase they offend some kids who can't play. 

So uh, my opinion is no on rewind.  It is not needed at all, but the option would not be detrimental.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
    @CounterShock said:

"I don't play many racing games and i've only played the Time Trial challenge and I haven't even played Forza 3 (just watched my brother play a lot). After messing up a race I went for the select button and realized that this game doesn't have rewind. Does anyone think that this game needs it. Like I said I don't play these games often and I feel like that is a feature that should be in every simulation style game from now on. Just sayin'."

You're unlikely to see a rewind button on the Time Trial Challenge because it's a competition in Europe for the GT Academy -- where the winners get put into a real racing league. With real cars. 

Having said that, I doubt PD will put in a rewind option.
    CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CounterShock

After reading some of the replies I understand why PD wouldn't put that in. I guess I could sum it up by saying, Rewinding wouldn't make it the real driving simulator.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SeriouslyNow

I wonder if a "release the full game" feature will be included before 2011.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cameron

I think it will still be a good game without a rewind feature, but it was one of my favorite additions to G.R.I.D and Forza 3. I think it is a feature that the hardcore can ignore and the more casual players can really benefit from. It's a 'if you don't like it, don't use it' kind of feature. I really like using it because I hate losing a race because I overshoot one turn, but I know some people enjoy losing when they screw up, and with a rewind feature both types of players can enjoy the game.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Rayfield
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    "I wonder if a "release the full game" feature will be included before 2011. "

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Bouke

I play Forza 3 and try not to use the rewind, but if i'm on an endurance race in the 30th lap and wreck my car i'm not going to bother and rewind it... It is a good thing its there but i doubt PD will put it in GT5.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.