Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

The Online Social Racing Is Great - Big Thanks GT-Planet Users!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

I spent well over six hours playing GT5 today, after about a week long break.  I spent pretty much the entire time inside a lobby shitting around with fellow GB users and GTP users.  From karting, to races, and to even Cat and Mouse on a rally track...we covered all the tracks.   

For all the hate this game gets, I wonder how many really put time and effort into the private lobbies with buddies.  I love how fluid it is, and how you can just watch people race right off the bat, or run dry laps until the race starts.  The text-chat and voice chat work perfectly together and whatnot.   

I'll post screenshots of us fucking around and whatnot, but yeah...if you're still playing GT5 or want to get into it, try out the online with private lobbies.  The game already gives you a good chunk of premium cars for free if you don't have any.  Plus if you share garage, you can use other cars.

Again, big thanks to GT-Planet users who dropped in!  Sorry we did like zero planning for the charity race, but we got about a month to figure that shit out.  We'll be fine, and people tend to do best on their last lap hurdle.  :P

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PillClinton

hmmm...i'm also on about a week break of gt5 after playing almost non-stop since it came out...still gotta get in on those GB GT5 race nights and what not.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Binman88
    @KaosAngel: Sorry I didn't join when you messaged me. I had B-spec running from the comfort of my bed :p Sounds like it was a fun night.
    Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I want to play this game so fucking badly. After Christmas I'll finally be able to.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

i joined in for a few hours that was fun. i thought cat and mouse was fun. there were a couple of times me and frank could have won. we should do it again  :)

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Devil240Z

Damn wish I had been there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.