Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Uh...are you guys still touting Forza 3?

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @crunchUK: Sadly, yes.
    @Diamond:  Ha ha, yes, you sensed my sarcasm did you not?
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By crunchUK
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @crunchUK: Sadly, yes.
     "
    Lol. Why are people making such a vast fuss over it exactly? I swear you need a mental retardation to enjoy nascar.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By TwoOneFive

surprised at how this thread is still alive but there is one in the forza forums thats similar and nobody cares. clearly there is a lot of 360 fanboys on here. 

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By crunchUK
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " surprised at how this thread is still alive but there is one in the forza forums thats similar and nobody cares. clearly there is a lot of 360 fanboys on here.  "
    You posted this thread in forzamotorsport.net?
    PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By PJ
    @TwoOneFive said:

" Hopefully they have all of the trailers from E3 on PSN and XBL in HD soon.

This is a tad bit late and might be a stupid question, but why would a PS3 exclusive game published by Sony have its trailers up on XBL.
    Now I know some will call me retarded but it just seems a tad bit strange in my eyes.
    cmsJustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By cmsJustin

You give Philadelphia a bad name

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Andorski

lol wut

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By crunchUK
    @PJ said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:

" Hopefully they have all of the trailers from E3 on PSN and XBL in HD soon.

This is a tad bit late and might be a stupid question, but why would a PS3 exclusive game published by Sony have its trailers up on XBL. Now I know some will call me retarded but it just seems a tad bit strange in my eyes. "
    5 months too late... :S what if you ever wanted an abortion?!
    alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By alternate

People tout Forza as they can actually play it.  It has had a sequel since the last GT game has been in development.

j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By j_drace

Gran Turismo will always have more cars and what not, but it will never match Forza 3's customization and that's what makes Forza so special.  It's easy for a beginner to pick up and play, but those with plenty of technical know how also are able to enjoy it to it's full extent.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#111  Edited By Gabriel

Well it will be better than Forza when GT5 releases 5 years from now.

Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Lambert

The reason the GT5 devs are taking so long is because it takes time to copy every feature from the Forza games.

And as others have said, Burnout > all.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#113  Edited By TheHBK

Is that still not out?  I have been enjoying Forza for a while now.  And that GT time trial demo was gay.  Seriously, I get the feeling Yamauchi is the biggest bitch in the world.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#114  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'm a pretty old dude so I know the story behind Gran Turismo and how ground-breaking and mind-blowing the original was, but I can't help but wonder:

Do the kids and 20somethings out there nowadays have any idea why fans of the franchise are sooo rabid about this game?
    Short of it's legacy and title does it really stand out from the crowd as much as some people seem to think it does?
    Has the franchise been boiled down to little more than "The Playstation's big-name exclusive racer"?

Polyphony really has their work cut out for them, and I'm not sure if any amount of extra dev time would ever create the game fans are selling it as.

...oh yeah, and I'm so curious what the total production cost of this game will be when it's all said and done.

tooPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By tooPrime

Yeah but Forza is a real game that exists.  GT5 is like a theoretical construct.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By crunchUK

I think what people are failing to realize is the logical factual side of the argument - There have been 3 forza games (2 of which are rated higher than 90 on metacritic) in the space of 0 GT games. Really, how much better than 92 out of 100 can nearly 6 years possibly be worth? 

As for my opinion, there's only so much you can simulate. I don't see GT5 with brake temperatures, humidity that affects downforce, varying degrees of tarmac wear... and even if it did, nobody other than the craziest most no-life nerd will notice. The majority of people don't even know the existence of these things.I think turn10 has realized this, and in forza 3 has focused on other aspects that make the game so much richer than more detailed simulation.  

Polyphony seem to have completely lost touch with reality, basically. Forza 3 is a sim made exciting in so many ways, GT5 is still... just a sim. And you can't even really argue that it's a better one.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#117  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @crunchUK: Good points. And of course there's no argument as to whether Forza is better then GT5, for obvious reasons. I think GT5 will come with a Duke Nukem Forever demo.
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#118  Edited By Gabriel
    @crunchUK said:
    " I think what people are failing to realize is the logical factual side of the argument - There have been 3 forza games (2 of which are rated higher than 90 on metacritic) in the space of 0 GT games. Really, how much better than 92 out of 100 can nearly 6 years possibly be worth?  As for my opinion, there's only so much you can simulate. I don't see GT5 with brake temperatures, humidity that affects downforce, varying degrees of tarmac wear... and even if it did, nobody other than the craziest most no-life nerd will notice. The majority of people don't even know the existence of these things.I think turn10 has realized this, and in forza 3 has focused on other aspects that make the game so much richer than more detailed simulation.   Polyphony seem to have completely lost touch with reality, basically. Forza 3 is a sim made exciting in so many ways, GT5 is still... just a sim. And you can't even really argue that it's a better one. "
    Are you really comparing Die Hard car guys to nerds with no lives because of technical aspects in the simulation, really? really?
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By toowalrus

I'm sure it'll be good... but I'm burned out on racing games for now. Sorry.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By crunchUK
    @Gabriel said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " I think what people are failing to realize is the logical factual side of the argument - There have been 3 forza games (2 of which are rated higher than 90 on metacritic) in the space of 0 GT games. Really, how much better than 92 out of 100 can nearly 6 years possibly be worth?  As for my opinion, there's only so much you can simulate. I don't see GT5 with brake temperatures, humidity that affects downforce, varying degrees of tarmac wear... and even if it did, nobody other than the craziest most no-life nerd will notice. The majority of people don't even know the existence of these things.I think turn10 has realized this, and in forza 3 has focused on other aspects that make the game so much richer than more detailed simulation.   Polyphony seem to have completely lost touch with reality, basically. Forza 3 is a sim made exciting in so many ways, GT5 is still... just a sim. And you can't even really argue that it's a better one. "
    Are you really comparing Die Hard car guys to nerds with no lives because of technical aspects in the simulation, really? really? "
    I dunno, care to actually reply to my post instead of bitching about figures of speech?
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jadeskye
    @Protoroll said:
    " Seconded "
    Thirded
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By TheGremp

Is it fanboy debate time already?  Good.  There's nothing good on TV right now anyways, and now I have something to watch.

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#123  Edited By wh1terav3n
    @TwoOneFive: Hokay, 1. stop trolling. 2. Forza 3's amazing, there's nothing you can possibly do to deny that. The livery editor, marketplace and driving are fantastic. 3. That said, GT5 had better be better than all 3 of the Forza games combined. Because that's how long this has been in development. That's sad. This game would have to be the best GAME in the world, not to mention the best driving game of all time, to make up for how long its freakin taken them. Oh by the way, there was just another delay, its not coming out till the fall. Which means 3 forza games + another year tacked on.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @wh1terav3n said:

" @TwoOneFive: Hokay, 1. stop trolling. 2. Forza 3's amazing, there's nothing you can possibly do to deny that. The livery editor, marketplace and driving are fantastic. 3. That said, GT5 had better be better than all 3 of the Forza games combined. Because that's how long this has been in development. That's sad. This game would have to be the best GAME in the world, not to mention the best driving game of all time, to make up for how long its freakin taken them. Oh by the way, there was just another delay, its not coming out till the fall. Which means 3 forza games + another year tacked on. "

yeahhh, so this is going to be what Forza fanboys say when GT5 is released? "well gosh darn, it damn better be great! It took dem done forever to make it! hardy har har yeeeeehaw!"  
    seriously though, everything you say is bullshit, there is no rule that says if a game takes a long time to make it automatically must be perfect. gt5 will have its imperfections no doubt, but overall it will be an outstanding racing sim. 

@TripMasterMunky
     said: 

@TwoOneFive said: 

@TripMasterMunky said: 
    " Yeah, Forza definitely has better AI and more realistic handling. Each car feels unique. In GT, everything just feels...off.GT is cool and all, but I don't think there's any way it could beat Forza now. "
    how do you know? gt5 isn't even out yet.  
    we'll compare AI once the game is out.  
    Um, because I've played GT1-4? Not to mention there was that prologue too. I don't know what Forza 3 will handle like either, I've never played it, but I'm relating to previous entries in the series. "
    gt 1-4=\=gt5 
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By ArchScabby

I like Forza 3.  Prove me wrong.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#126  Edited By CoolDrMoney

GT fans must be the most patient people ever. In the span of five years, I would take three excellent games over a whole bunch of trailers and a $30 demo.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#127  Edited By ez123

God, OP fucken sucks. Why would you bump this embarrassment? Let it die!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#128  Edited By mike

This fanboy fest has gone just about far enough. Let's try to take a more objective and less personal approach to discussing the differences between games and systems, people. This isn't System Wars and it never will be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.