Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Used Car Rotation

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Red12b

Hey all 

Just wanted to point you to an absolute leyand (Legend) who is up to the cumbersome task of tackling PD's baffling Used Car rotation, 

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4200484   

some hot tips... 

Every time you see a loading bar in "GT Life" equals one day, that is not the "GT" logo, but the loading bar that fills,  

1 loading bar equals one day 

Order the list of cars by Dealer Acquisition and the top six car blocks are the new cars,  
    Each day the list will move down by 6 cars, so every 5th day there will be a completely fresh batch of cars.  

The fine chaps at GT planet are also working on an excel spreadsheet to track what cars are opened up at what day, 

So the thing to take away from this is, 1 day gives you 6 brand new used cars to choose from, oxymoron?  
    1 day equals one loading bar screen, you can re-try events and as long as there are no loading "bars" it will count as one day. 

Hope this helps! 
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

Nice work on that dudes part! im currently trying yo find a japanese car made before '79 and theres nothing i can afford in premium, and nothing in standard 

Was wondering what the rotation was!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel
    @OmegaPirate: Damn, that's the last one I need for the Beginner Series too.  x.x
    mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By mjk1
    @OmegaPirate: @KaosAngel: If you win the Supercar Nostalgia Cup (Amateur Series) you will get a Dome - Zero Concept '78 which can be used for the Japanese Beginner series.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel
    @mjk1: I love you man, just got the car.  <3
    lutonhatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By lutonhatter

@OmegaPirate: @KaosAngel: I've got a suitable Japanese car if you want to borrow it.

Also I have finally got hold of a truck if anyone still needs to borrow one of them. I've updated my car list in the car sharing thread.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Jackel2072

thank you

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.