Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Your take on GT5's Jeff Gordon?

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Aus_azn

Beyond the poorly rendered graphics, what's your opinion on Jeff Gordon in-game?

I am not a fan. I find his in-race comments ridiculously deriding and almost downright supercilious, especially with his incessantly whiny tone when he says a line like "Don't hit the coooones" or his cocky attitude when he says "You ain't gonna handle this car that easy". It makes his extremely profitable races absolutely unbearable. Maybe it's just me getting caught up in the moment, but still...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I think a better question is why people are even playing NASCAR in a game that features racing that has turns in more than one direction. 

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Aus_azn: His poor animations make him look like a Muppet.
    NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NekuCTR

His face scares the shit out of me... that is all.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sanity

Yea, they should have just had him film that intro in person as i guess modeling people ain't there strong point. The one liners after passing or failing are really lame too.

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darklight

His face is pretty much in the uncanny valley territory. That and the fact that he's talking every damn time you start / end  / fail a challenge with comment not related to what happened most of the time dosn't help it at all. At the end I just want to tell him to shut the hell up and follow Sebastien Loeb example... oh and don't show you're face without a race helmet either, freak! -.-

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
    @dudy80 said:
    " Yea, they should have just had him film that intro in person as i guess modeling people ain't there strong point. The one liners after passing or failing are really lame too. "
    NASCAR requires a steady grip. 
    NASCAR is a delicate driving experience. 
    ...etc.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aus_azn
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @dudy80 said:
    " Yea, they should have just had him film that intro in person as i guess modeling people ain't there strong point. The one liners after passing or failing are really lame too. "
    NASCAR requires a steady grip. NASCAR is a delicate driving experience. ...etc. "
    I just think he sounds so pompous thanks to his tone. If that's the way he behaves in real life, I'd never want to meet him.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Binman88

Filming the intro, as someone mentioned, would have been faaaaaar better. He's a racing driver, not an actor, so his delivery of his lines is absolutely god-awful. If he was in front of a camera genuinely speaking about something he knows, it would be far more natural, and would be far more appealing to someone like me who was somewhat put off by the rubbish animation and voice-overs he provides. 

Having said that, I thought the events were actually kinda neat. I have more of an appreciation for the sport than I did before, but his constant need to remind you of what Nascar is about just comes across as annoying and a little bit needy. Not to mention the volume for his voice-overs isn't loud enough, so it just sounds kinda mumbled. 

xync4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By xync4

slightly off topic - JG allegedly lives in the fancy apartments across the street from the store where I work in Charlotte 
    I've never recognized him though I may have directed him to a product or greeted him without fully looking at him which I do all the time 
    I sometimes wonder if ppl are effing with me when they claim they've seen him 
    one coworker (who's almost certainly not a NASCAR fan) thought he was humorously short 

thats all I got

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Bouke

He looks like a muppet so if they had to do it ingame i would've had him with a helmet on or something maybe with the visor open?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.