Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 6

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 05, 2013

The sixth entry in PlayStation's flagship racing series, Gran Turismo 6 hopes to bring a better, richer driving experience, including 1200 cars and new features like improved car personalization.

Any one else tried the demo out yet ?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders i was wondering if any of you guys and gals have tried out the GT6 demo out yet and im wondering what your thoughts are about the demo.

The demo is only 1GB and i was really surprised how quick the UI stuff has taken to load. That was one major problem with GT5 and is pleased to see that issue resolved. The racing is traditional GT but performance was kind of dicey. It is still a beautiful game but the frame rate was a bit choppy especially in cockpit view.

Calling this the Nissan demo must mean more demos are to come but after playing this demo i am kind of interested to see what the full product will look like. Still sucks it is coming out at the tail end of November and only for the ps3. What do you duders think about it ?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm free of choppy framerates on my OG PS3 slim, which isnt' free of FPS issues in other games. It's also got plenty time left for performance tweaking

Vehicle collision is straight outta the original GT from 15 years ago. Everything else is good.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

About time GT caught up to Enthusia on the suspension modeling. Other than that, it looks to be a minor improvement on GT5, the same way GT4 iterated on GT3.

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By CharleyTony

I was a big GT, GT2 and GT3 fan but the more recent games (GT4, GT5 and this demo) have not been able to reproduce the feeling of speed I get in the Forza and Dirt games (personal preference, I do understand that GT games are way more technical and less arcady).

I like to play with the "Behind the car view" and I like it when the camera is low and drifty (not static). In the GT6 Demo, I really didn't like how the (only) behind the car camera felt.

There are other things I didn't care for but this is just a demo...

I do appreciate the fact that they might have the menus and game interface right this time.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, congrats on 1000 posts, jimmyfenix! :)

TechDemoTREX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neeeh. I am so god damn tired of them making the same game over and over again. The AI is still rock stupid, the UI is still too slow and it looks just as sterile and boring as its predecessors. It'll be a totally competent game but is has no character. I really liked the early games but the genre has moved on and so far I don't see GT6 doing anything to rope me back in? Just the same thing all over again.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new suspension modeling is kinda nice to see. I like how both cars dived when I broke hard in the more extreme turns. The courses, except for Silverston, are some of the more driven courses in GT5 but in reverse. I like how fast the interface popped up especially when compared to GT5. I don't like the stupid AI which posed zero challenge and I also hate the fact that when you start the demo you have to use default controls. Seriously, can I customize my controls before I hit the track and better yet can't you scan my system to see that I played GT5 and just load those personal settings I had?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Flogging a dead horse. RIP GT3.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I sucked in it. Give me Burnout!

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I thought it was great. The new suspension model is nice, makes the cars feel a lot more alive than they did in GT5. AI is still pretty atrocious but at this point I doubt that'll ever change. Looks a lot nicer and ran fine for me, but I play in 720p so that might be it. Pretty excited for it.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

I thought it was fine. The menus were a bit confusing to me but on the same token I was ignoring the guy trying to give me a tutorial so that is partially my fault. I thought the car looked nice and the game ran fine for me, but the AI is still horrible and the track was not really that impressive looking. The most recent Forza definitely looked better.

I also noticed there was no damage modeling whatsoever. Have they said that there will be damage in the final game cause it is a bit silly right now to have this super accurate car handling but be able smash head on into a wall and have nothing happen.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By devilzrule27

Hey duders i was wondering if any of you guys and gals have tried out the GT6 demo out yet and im wondering what your thoughts are about the demo.

The demo is only 1GB and i was really surprised how quick the UI stuff has taken to load. That was one major problem with GT5 and is pleased to see that issue resolved. The racing is traditional GT but performance was kind of dicey. It is still a beautiful game but the frame rate was a bit choppy especially in cockpit view.

Calling this the Nissan demo must mean more demos are to come but after playing this demo i am kind of interested to see what the full product will look like. Still sucks it is coming out at the tail end of November and only for the ps3. What do you duders think about it ?

Whats his face creator guy said it's coming to PS4 eventually so I'll just wait for that. I still play GT5, I have no need for 6 on the PS3 really.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@raven10 said:

I thought it was fine. The menus were a bit confusing to me but on the same token I was ignoring the guy trying to give me a tutorial so that is partially my fault. I thought the car looked nice and the game ran fine for me, but the AI is still horrible and the track was not really that impressive looking. The most recent Forza definitely looked better.

I also noticed there was no damage modeling whatsoever. Have they said that there will be damage in the final game cause it is a bit silly right now to have this super accurate car handling but be able smash head on into a wall and have nothing happen.

But the GT games has always been shit at that stuff

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. GT3 is still my favorite, but at least from the demo, I'm enjoying this quite a bit. GT4 and 5 just didn't strike that same chord with me as 3 did.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@red12b: I've honestly never played more than these demos so I'm more looking at it compared to other racing games and in that comparison the lack of damage and terrible AI really stands out compared to the great stuff done in Forza and in Codemaster's games. Also the environments I feel have looked better in previous GT demos I've played so I'm not sure what is up with this one.

TangoUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TangoUp

Quite amazing that a game like GT5 is the top selling game on the PS3. Brand loyalty can only take you so far though.

I'm going to avoid (new) GT games from now on though. Sometimes, it literally feels like a badly programmed AI is making decisions at Polyphony Digital.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xyzygy

It plays exactly the same and looks exactly the same as GT5. The only difference is the improved UI. I definitely don't need this game, nothing is new. It's the same game.

Don't get me wrong, I like the formula, but they NEED to shake things up a bit and offer something new. The brand loyalty that is exhibited with the GT series is hurting it a lot because it's telling Polyphony that they don't need to change anything in order to sell tons of copies. Polyphony takes advantage of that and to me that shows their weakness as developers.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jimmyfenix
    Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Unilad

In the words of Ollie Williams...

"IT'S GRAN TURISMO!!!!"

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Phoenix654

Tried it out the other day, did everything up to the full Silverstone lap in the 370Z. It seems to have the same load times as GT5, but they're better hidden under nice flag graphics and information about the upcoming race. It's slicker than it's predecessor, but keep in mind this is a 1GB demo with exactly 2 cars in it (unless there's more I missed somewhere). No tuning, no customizable settings on the car, one track... you'd expect it to be a bit more streamlined in terms of time. I will say that restarting a race (or a section because going off and getting an invalid time happens a lot at first) goes super fast. Not quite Trials or Super Meat Boy fast, but impressive for such a sim heavy game.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@red12b said:

@raven10 said:

But the GT games has always been shit at that stuff

I don't think that's Polyphony's fault though. I bet they really want to implement realistic damage modeling, but the car companies doesn't let them, and they prioritize having as many cars as possible in those games. Which is fair enough, but it's really a bummer that you can drive like a psychopath in those games with no repercussions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.