Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 7

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 04, 2022

The seventh main entry in Polyphony Digital's driving simulator franchise.

Gran Turismo branded Fanatec Direct Drive Steering Wheel has been leaked

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Hello, there motorsport fans!

When I was browsing through GTPlanet's news articles then suddenly, I found this:

Gran Turismo-Branded Fanatec Direct Drive Wheel Appears on Social Media – GTPlanet

No Caption Provided

The previous GT branded steering wheel I've known was Thrustmaster T-GT II which was released this year recently but for this one, it is not 100% confirmed if it's real or not.

P.S In my opinion, the steering wheel design doesn't look as good as Thrustmaster's T-GT II.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By whitegreyblack

IMO that looks fake as hell. Fanatec's packaging is usually much better than that. I also doubt they'd do such a lame "I drive the sporty Toyota Camry" looking wheel rim. The CSLDD base is also large enough that you should see it, even around that dumb wheel rim. I could be wrong, who knows.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO that looks fake as hell. Fanatec's packaging is usually much better than that. I also doubt they'd do such a lame "I drive the sporty Toyota Camry" looking wheel rim. The CSLDD base is also large enough that you should see it, even around that dumb wheel rim. I could be wrong, who knows.

Yeah, I'm not satisfied with this wheel design too plus this will also ruin Fanatec's image.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fanatec is working hard to bring DD wheels to the mainstream so I would not be surprised by a GT branded wheel someday, but I don't think this is legit in light of the TGT II.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GTxForza

@whitegreyblack said:

Fanatec is working hard to bring DD wheels to the mainstream so I would not be surprised by a GT branded wheel someday, but I don't think this is legit in light of the TGT II.

It's so true, but it is confirmed that Gran Turismo and Fanatec are both working together to design their future products.

Gran Turismo and Fanatec Will Partner Up to Develop New Racing Game Peripherals – GTPlanet

Sidenote: I have a feeling that Gran Turismo will remain as simcade just like Forza Motorsport does because what if they were both higher-end racing simulators like rFactor or Assetto Corsa for example, then a lot of players may complain that they're too hard.

Theanyelpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@whitegreyblack: I thought the same. I bought a Fanatec wheel last year, and the package is very very very different

dezvous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

It does seem like it's in line with Sony packaging though. Very interesting. If it's real the wheel looks wild and I wonder if it'd be replaceable.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@dezvous: The wheel is absolutely replaceable, this looks like it's a version of their new CSL DD base with PS5/4 support, and that base is compatible with many of their wheels.

The wheel on this looks horrifically ugly but I'm not sure why so many people think it's fake when GT and Fanatec have already announced a partnership and they're pushing the CSL DD pretty hard.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GTxForza
    @bollard said:

@dezvous: The wheel is absolutely replaceable, this looks like it's a version of their new CSL DD base with PS5/4 support, and that base is compatible with many of their wheels.

The wheel on this looks horrifically ugly but I'm not sure why so many people think it's fake when GT and Fanatec have already announced a partnership and they're pushing the CSL DD pretty hard.

I absolutely agreed with your opinion about this wheel's design being shown on this photograph, so we'll see how will the final product looks like in the near future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.