Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Ripping GTAIV to hdd, any problems?

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jNerd

I ask because I was on Kotaku & they said
    "some games don't quite work as intended when played from the hard drive. Games like Grand Theft Auto IV and Halo 3 don't perform up to par, because they were designed to be streamed from a DVD."
    I know a lot about why Halo 3 doesn't work correctly but what's the beef with GTAIV because I have it ripped & hadn't noticed anything weird.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By ez123

I haven't had any problems with GTA 4 installed either but it does make TLAD unplayable.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I've not had any problems with gta4 they say its not up to par but ive just never had a problem every thing loads fine and infact faster then usual.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I haven't had any problems with GTA4. It loads a lot quicker too.

Halo 3 on the other hand...

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By RedSox8933

Yes. I had SOOO many problems installing GTA IV. There is TONS of pop-up, my game just broke whenever I went into the Booth Tunnel, sometimes audio would just cut out completely, and tons of other bugs. Then I uninstalled it and it ran perfectly. I would save the trouble and not install it.

Jerusahat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jerusahat

I was getting pretty bad pop-in and radio breaks. The safe house took ages to load, gun shops were also pretty slow. Didn't occur to me that installing could be the cause until the Games on Demand thread.

Things have been much better since I deleted it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.